Dodge RAM Customer Satisfaction Notification (pre-recall) E10

jbeletti

Took my RAM in for LOF yesterday and they told me that there is a Cusomter Satisfaction Notification for my truck. Notice E10.

They ordered the parts for me and I'll have to make an appointment once they come in to have the work done.

I could not find anything about E10 online so I called the service manager (Tom) at Schaumburg Dodge. He pulled the notice up in his system and read it to me. Here's what I learned:

On approximately 8,100 trucks, the wrong front suspension coil springs "may" have been installed. This requires just over 3 hours of shop labor time plus time to send it out for a front-end alignment - so call it a full-day job.

I asked what a customer satisfaction notification was and he said that it is sort of a precursor to a recall.

I do not know years and models of Dodge trucks this may affect. But if you have been experiencing a poor ride in the front-end of your Dodge truck, you may want to call a dealer and have them check your VIN. For what it's worth, I have felt nothing odd or off about the front-end ride/handling of my RAM. That said, I don't have anything to compare it to as it's my first big truck.

Jim

nemo45

Jim,

I got a recall notice in the mail on my 2005 Dodge Ram Quad, CTD, SRW. It said "may" have been installed on the recall. I've made an appointment for mine and they said they would call when the parts came in. They won't be sure if they need to replace them until they check them out. But, I don't want to have it in there twice for the same thing.

jbeletti

Don,

My parts came in for E10, in 1 day!. They called me today to make the appointment. I'm camping this Thu-Sat so she's going in Monday for the all-day deal. I'll post back here how it went plus anymore information I find out.

Jim

Cheryl

I do not know years and models of Dodge trucks this may affect.
Here's a little "insider" information. As of now, it is only the 4 x 2 trucks, not the 4 x 4.