PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Please use this thread to discuss the 2015 Goshen Rally. Note that new threads will be created as we go along and some conversations started in this discussion thread may be moved to more relevant threads later. Thanks Heartlanders!!

kakampers
07-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Already planning our "break" from work!!

JohnDar
07-08-2014, 08:24 AM
We're planning on being there again.

jassson007
07-08-2014, 09:13 AM
We will most certainly be in goshen and will get there in time for the pre rally fun. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean-Pam
07-08-2014, 09:14 AM
we are looking forward to being there, to include the pre-rally.

ILH
07-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Linda and I weren't able to attend the previous Goshen rally in 2013 due to school conflicts with our youngest son. He's finished high school now so we're free to travel! I'm really looking forward to this rally.

bacaye
07-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Making plans to be there early too!!! bacaye

porthole
07-08-2014, 11:02 AM
When do we leave?

ziggy
07-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Jim,
Can I make a really early request for 2017? That is the year I retire and I need you to give me a few extra days before that rally to have time to get there. Just thought if I asked now you could maybe go a week later than usual.... You know ... As a little retirement gift from you to me? LOL ;);)

Kristy

mobilcastle
07-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Jim,
You really get ahead of the ball. I didn't know you schedule out that far.

mobilcastle
07-08-2014, 02:02 PM
I am going to try to get to this one.

Nabo
07-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Yeah - it's official :). Can't wait till next year.

VKTalley
07-08-2014, 02:38 PM
The Traveling Talleys have it on their schedule for next year!

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Jim,
Can I make a really early request for 2017? That is the year I retire and I need you to give me a few extra days before that rally to have time to get there. Just thought if I asked now you could maybe go a week later than usual.... You know ... As a little retirement gift from you to me? LOL ;);)

Kristy

Oh Kristy, your going to think I'm a meanie now... I have already locked in the dates for 2017, 2019 and 2021 - well before I knew you needed me to alter 2017 to fit your needs :)

For the next 4 Goshen rallies (2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021), the rally ends on Father's Day and starts on the Tuesday the week before.

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 03:32 PM
When do we leave?

Leave what? Leave home for this rally? Leave this rally? Both up to you. If you have the time off and want to have even more fun, arrive on day 1 of the pre-rally.

Unless some other large rally follows us, no one needs to leave Goshen after the rally.

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Jim,
You really get ahead of the ball. I didn't know you schedule out that far.

Steve and Cathy - yeah, we really have to on this one as there is SO MUCH to plan.

Kevin and Nelly just spent a week there going over "every single site" to determine what facilities we have by site as well as length and other limiting factors. This will help us use 100% of the full hookup sites.

Kevin, Julie and I have a call tomorrow to go over final planning for how we will handle registration.

I'll be working on pre-rally event planning, catering and entertainment soon.

As soon as I figure out the simplest way possible, we'll begin to program the Rally Portal (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/164-rally-portal) for the 2015 rally

hcriddle
07-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Wish I had known! I could have helped out with the site checking while we were in Elkhart twiddling our thumbs for a week. I did look around for a new Heartland Gives Back focus and I have a couple of ideas when you get to that point. I am still bummed about missing Urbanna so we are looking forward to seeing everyone again in Goshen.

superduty08
07-08-2014, 04:43 PM
We plan to be there. I hope we can get the Amish dinner again. Is it the custom to get your same site each time?

rjr6150
07-08-2014, 05:36 PM
At this point two of us from the Co. Chapter are planning on attending. Jim will be able to see his old Key Largo.

jdamude
07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Pam and I have marked our Calendars and are planning on attending. Hope the boss will give me the time off! LOL!

ncc1701e
07-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Jim, I've marked off the dates for 2015. We were just not able to make it to VA this year. Please keep in mind as the planning proceeds to include a thread and or time in the pre rally for golf. Those who played seemed to really have a good time and some of us don't know how to travel without the clubs.

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Jim, I've marked off the dates for 2015. We were just not able to make it to VA this year. Please keep in mind as the planning proceeds to include a thread and or time in the pre rally for golf. Those who played seemed to really have a good time and some of us don't know how to travel without the clubs.

Hey Tom - we missed you guys too. By the way, your other friend Tom (Chinn) from CA asked about you guys when I saw him in Reno this past weekend.

Yes - I would love to have you coordinate a golf outing and I will be mindful of such as I program the pre-rally. Thank you for the reminder.

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 10:19 PM
At this point two of us from the Co. Chapter are planning on attending. Jim will be able to see his old Key Largo.

Cool Randy. Be great to see you and Kathy again and to meet the guy who bought one of my previous demo coaches :)

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 10:27 PM
We plan to be there. I hope we can get the Amish dinner again. Is it the custom to get your same site each time?

I plan to arrange as many Amish homes and seats as I can to accommodate as many during the pre-rally that want to join us for a meal.

In the past, yes, it was the custom to be offered your last site at this venue. However, we are not planning to be able to accommodate this beginning in 2015. The rally is getting too big for this and the bigger problem is the venue. Some sites are NOT accessible/usable if we don't get that person in the site before the person arrives that will be behind them (as one example). So with our size (300 units planned), we can't afford to lose any sites.

The 2014 rally saw us testing the waters for the first time in allowing attendees to self-select sites from the sites remaining in the pool, using drop-down menus. We will likely use a hybrid of that system but where attendees choose a section. Their actual site in their selected section will likely be a function of their arrival and what is left in their section. Same for being sited together with friends/travel partners. Arriving together and having previously selected the same section is likely going to be the best way to have a shot at being parked next to/near each other.

Above, I have used words such as: planning, planned and likely. The reason for this is "we have yet to work out final details on how site selection/siting will be handled". Each venue is different and as this rally gets larger, our methods need to be flexible.

jbeletti
07-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Wish I had known! I could have helped out with the site checking while we were in Elkhart twiddling our thumbs for a week. I did look around for a new Heartland Gives Back focus and I have a couple of ideas when you get to that point. I am still bummed about missing Urbanna so we are looking forward to seeing everyone again in Goshen.

Buddy - were you there last week? Kevin has this process down but i'm sure he would have accepted your help.

Speaking of which, give me a call when it's convenient for you and we can chat about your ideas on an HGB element that I think I hear you volunteering for :)

Eric did you proud, finishing up what you had laid the ground work for and Building Homes for Heroes was a HUGE success at >$6,000 collected. Thank you Buddy and thank you Eric van Opstal!

ziggy
07-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Oh Kristy, your going to think I'm a meanie now... I have already locked in the dates for 2017, 2019 and 2021 - well before I knew you needed me to alter 2017 to fit your needs :)

For the next 4 Goshen rallies (2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021), the rally ends on Father's Day and starts on the Tuesday the week before.

Jim,
Thanks you big meany!LOL:cool: Maybe 2019........
Kristy

Sunset4k
07-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Diane and I are planning to attend. This will be our first national Rally!!! What is the if we decide to attend the pre Rally festivities??

Sunset4k
07-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Sorry, what is the date for the pre Rally...

cookie
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Pre rally is 6/9/2015 to: 6/15/2015.
There will be more information coming as rally time gets closer.

Peace
Dave

wildwolfproducts
07-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Marilyn and I plan on being there I think the Saturday 13th. As our plans are to drive half way Friday evening and finish the last 5 hours Saturday. Coming north of Nashville Tn if anyone else will be making the same trip.
Not sure how these work, but I can throw the SmokinTex smoker in the camper. And It will hold packed 100 to 120 lbs of boston Butts. So thinking we can smoke up enough Pulled Pork and Smoked chicken for a lot of folks. I have fed 300+ off it a few times. 120 lbs Boston butts and then throw on 50 to 70 lbs of leg Qtrs for Smoked Chicken.
We have been waiting to get the dates for this one. As we have a YellowStone trip planned in june, but its been moved back to July.

Is it time yet??

Pete

Nabo
07-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Pete - a bunch of us TN folks met up in a campground in IN and traveled/arrived together to last year's rally as a group. We got there on Saturday and was able to attend one of the Amish dinner which was great. As everyone gets the dates down, we will start to work together to see if we can do the same next year. Watch your email as things develop in a couple of months.

Lou_and_Bette
07-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Lou and I will be there for the pre-rally but can be there earlier. Jim we will work for CHEAP. Bette

JohnDar
07-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Hmmm. We'll have to see how that first come, first served site selection pans out. I would not want to get downgraded from where we've been the last two rallies because we don't show up in May.

Miltp920
07-09-2014, 06:51 PM
How would someone who has never been to a ralley, know what to expect at a ralley? Is it a family thing with lots of kids too or geared more toward an adult only crowd? Attendees mostly retired or big age range expected? What is the name of the campground-resort? We are going to Shipshawanna this weekend, I might do a drive by. I assume vendors will be there to show us what is new and available.

ncc1701e
07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Pete - a bunch of us TN folks met up in a campground in IN and traveled/arrived together to last year's rally as a group. We got there on Saturday and was able to attend one of the Amish dinner which was great. As everyone gets the dates down, we will start to work together to see if we can do the same next year. Watch your email as things develop in a couple of months.

#2 in the wagon train will be US kiddo. If we are going to be in the same area this time I just need to know because the Sundance sits those few inches lower than you guys with the big expensive toys.

Byrd, who controls or sets the vendors? Don't know but working on getting a vendor for the lighted signs.

jassson007
07-09-2014, 08:19 PM
How would someone who has never been to a ralley, know what to expect at a ralley? Is it a family thing with lots of kids too or geared more toward an adult only crowd? Attendees mostly retired or big age range expected? What is the name of the campground-resort? We are going to Shipshawanna this weekend, I might do a drive by. I assume vendors will be there to show us what is new and available.

Miltp I can't speak on all of your questions but our first real rally was this year at Urbanna for the National Rally. I will say this, I figured we would be the babies in the group as I am 39 and wife is 37 but some of these older folks ;) stayed up later into the night than I did playing dominos and gossiping. Lol. There was another couple close to our age (Jwalker) and his daughter attends all the rallies that her folks go to so yes there will be kids activities as well. I would say that there will be things for everyone to do each day but don't feel like you have to do everything as you will get tired.
As far as campground, I believe it is at the Elkhart county fairgrounds in Goshen but I could be wrong. Lol
Hope to meet you up there and if you are ever in south Louisiana look me up.

cookie
07-09-2014, 08:25 PM
The rallies are more geared toward adults. But there are usually a bunch of kids.
Yes there is a pretty large age range.
The rally is held at the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds (http://4hfair.org/).
The fairgrounds in Goshen is just a short drive from Shipshewana.
Be sure to go to Rise n' Roll Bakery (http://www.risenroll.com/) in Middlebury while you are there. Cinnamon Caramel doughnuts are awesome.

Peace
Dave

ncc1701e
07-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Marilyn and I plan on being there I think the Saturday 13th. As our plans are to drive half way Friday evening and finish the last 5 hours Saturday. Coming north of Nashville Tn if anyone else will be making the same trip.
Not sure how these work, but I can throw the SmokinTex smoker in the camper. And It will hold packed 100 to 120 lbs of boston Butts. So thinking we can smoke up enough Pulled Pork and Smoked chicken for a lot of folks. I have fed 300+ off it a few times. 120 lbs Boston butts and then throw on 50 to 70 lbs of leg Qtrs for Smoked Chicken.
We have been waiting to get the dates for this one. As we have a YellowStone trip planned in june, but its been moved back to July.

Is it time yet??

Pete

Pete, we live about 2 hours due north of Nashville up US 41. Join the caravan and have crazy fun with us.

jbeletti
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM

The best way to answer first question is to review all the documents from the 2013 Rally at the same venue. Those links can be accessed from here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/35949). What we did in 2013 will give you a general sense of what one can expect - though altered for 2015.

As for children, nothing is specifically geared towards children. At the same time, it's a G-rated rally, so all events and activities would be suitable for children. Most of it could be really boring depending on the age of the children and on Entertainment nights, music can get louder than you may wish an infant/small-child to be exposed to.

This is a club event. The average age of a club member, last time I checked was about 60. That said, this rally draws a really good cross-section, so we'll have several younger couples (30s), many couples in their 40s and a slew of couples in their 50s, 60s and 70s.

The rally venue is the Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds. It's in Goshen. Check out the fair if it's running when you are there.

We plan to have "some" vendors. Not a HUGE thing, but up to 2 dozen and usually the several of the latest Heartland coaches on display.

jbeletti
07-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Byrd, who controls or sets the vendors? Don't know but working on getting a vendor for the lighted signs.

Tom - all vendor decisions are made by me. Contact me via phone or email with details for consideration. If I'm keen on having this vendor, I will send them a vendor application. There will be a booth space fee for non-Hearltand owner vendors as the vendor hall is not inexpensive for me to rent.

jbeletti
07-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Hmmm. We'll have to see how that first come, first served site selection pans out. I would not want to get downgraded from where we've been the last two rallies because we don't show up in May.

John - site availability will not be a function of your planned arrival at the rally or pre-rally. It will be a function of when you can make your decision after the registration process opens.

And - there are ALWAYS plenty of cancellations. In years past, everyone who has wanted to get into these rallies has been accommodated.

mnkamper
07-10-2014, 01:13 AM
We know tons of planning and work goes into the National Rallies and thanks for doing all of the hard work that goes into them! We've met great people there and have had some wonderful times! We will be at Goshen 2015!

jbeletti
07-10-2014, 01:15 AM
We know tons of planning and work goes into the National Rallies and thanks for doing all of the hard work that goes into them! We've met great people there and have had some wonderful times! We will be at Goshen 2015!

Thanks Tom and Kathy. Been following your adventures on Facebook. Looks like you enjoyed your winter in the sun out west :)

mnkamper
07-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Thanks Jim.... we did and have committed for next year! We saw some great pics of your trip to MN too! As the planning for the Goshen 2015 Rally continues, we'll help where we can and remind us to Kevin and Nelly too!

TGLBWH
07-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Tom, count me in on the golf. I agree with you, those clubs are always with me. Looking forward to it.

wildwolfproducts
07-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Thanks will look forward to it.
Pete

ALF
07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Count us in! Can't wait...sorry that we had to miss the VA rally and so we will have to make up for it by arriving to this rally early. Let us know if we can help!
Dave...Paul wants to know if he can have off to get there for the pre-rally. p.s. Miss you guys! Give Mary hugs!

cookie
07-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Sue, I have to check his schedule.
Looks promising so far.
Thanks Sue, miss you guys too.

Peace
Dave

happykraut
07-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Judi and I will be there. Wouldn't miss any National. Really looking forward to it. Maybe we could do a pre pre rally again in Elkhart like we did last year.

ncc1701e
07-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Tom, count me in on the golf. I agree with you, those clubs are always with me. Looking forward to it.

Gerry, I've started my spreadsheet to keep up with those of us interested in playing. Have you down. We played two round last year. Will see how the interest is this year and what I can work out with the course(s).

Tom

Nabo
07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Tom - you know to automatically add Nathan for golf - RIGHT :)
B--

MaryandSteve
07-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Pre rally is 6/9/2015 to: 6/15/2015.
There will be more information coming as rally time gets closer.

Peace
Dave
Looks Like Mary and I will just have to take the Month of May off.;)

jbeletti
07-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Looks Like Mary and I will just have to take the Month of May off.;)

I think you mean take the month of June off. Two weeks for pre-rally and rally and two weeks to recover from all the fun and to wear that smile off your face :)

ncc1701e
07-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Tom - you know to automatically add Nathan for golf - RIGHT :)
B--

Yes On list

DonnyB007
07-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Shirley and I plan on going to Goshen and the Ontario rally in 2015.

TravelTiger
07-12-2014, 07:28 AM
We are planning to attend, but dates depend on when school is out. We haven't seen a 2014-15 schedule at DHs new school.

Seren
07-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Ok, talk to me. We bought our first RV (Landmark) back in March. Just started fulltiming. Never been to a rally and just reading this forum, it seems like something that would be nice to go to. This is in Indiana and in June? How many showup for this rally? Is it just for Heartland? Although we have learned a lot since March, still obviously pretty much "newbies". If we attend, do we graduate to novice? :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danemayer
07-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Ok, talk to me. We bought our first RV (Landmark) back in March. Just started fulltiming. Never been to a rally and just reading this forum, it seems like something that would be nice to go to. This is in Indiana and in June? How many showup for this rally? Is it just for Heartland? Although we have learned a lot since March, still obviously pretty much "newbies". If we attend, do we graduate to novice? :-)

Hi Seren,

If I recall correctly, Jim has reserved 300 sites for this rally and it'll probably sell out, so there'll be around 600 Heartland Owners there. When registration opens in 1Q2015, preference is given to Club Members (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/128-heartland-owners-club-portal) and in the past, all sites have been taken within a few days. After that, you go on the wait list. As it happens, for various reasons some people have to cancel, opening up spots for people on the wait list.

There is also a pre-rally week that's a lot of fun, with lots of socializing and planned activities in the nearby communities.

During the rally, there will be a number of interactive seminars with presentations from suppliers who make the appliances and fixtures in your RV.

And of course there's a lot of fun, with catered meals, pot lucks, dinner entertainment and more.

Hope to see you there.

jbeletti
07-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Hi Seren,

Dan pretty much said it all. We'd love to see you there. Increase your chances of getting registered by joining the club. And if you get a chance, join a few chapter rallies before then as they are now in full swing all over North America.

cdbMidland
07-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Shirley and I plan on going to Goshen and the Ontario rally in 2015.

What is the date and location of the Ontario rally? I enjoy McGregor, but in 2013 it was the weekend before the rally and the Amish dinner (which we really enjoy) was in the pre-rally event dates, so they conflicted with that weekend in Ontario.

TravelTiger
07-16-2014, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Seren;372455]Ok, talk to me. We bought our first RV (Landmark) back in March. Just started fulltiming. Never been to a rally and just reading this forum, it seems like something that would be nice to go to. This is in Indiana and in June? How many showup for this rally? Is it just for Heartland? Although we have learned a lot since March, still obviously pretty much "newbies". If we attend, do we graduate to novice? :-)

Seren, if you've never been, it's worth attending. Not only for the social aspect, but the information provided by suppliers of parts on your rig is priceless. There is usually a number of seminars throughout the days that are very informative: Dometic, Tredit Tire, Lippert, Dexter, and others talk about everything including Fridges, Awnings, ACs, Water Heaters, Axles, Brakes, Wheels, Tires, Convection Ovens, and more. Plus, there are often great deals on some of these products, and since you're in Elkhart, some of them offer installation at their facilities, nearby. Add on the great entertainment and food, plus new Heartland products to drool over, and a factory tour, WOW! You really don't want to miss it!

rfournelle
07-17-2014, 07:32 AM
What is the date and location of the Ontario rally? I enjoy McGregor, but in 2013 it was the weekend before the rally and the Amish dinner (which we really enjoy) was in the pre-rally event dates, so they conflicted with that weekend in Ontario.

Chuck,

We too missed out on the pre-rally because of the dates we set up for the Ontario rally.

This will be different next year as we intend to attend the Goshen pre-rally. Right now we are looking at having the Ontario rally from June 26 - 28, after the Goshen rally.

We'll confirm those dates soon.

Bob

katkens-DW
07-17-2014, 03:13 PM
we will be there for the pre rally also ..

iawoody2
07-17-2014, 08:07 PM
We are still new at this, only have attended the Iowa rally last year. Will be at the regional here in Iowa at the Amana s in October.
Pat and I will definitely plan on being there for our first National, pre rally and all.
Tom yes I will join the golf outing. By the way how have you been? We really enjoy our additional doors, thanks.
Looking forward to this.
Thanks

Seren
07-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Alice and I will put it on our calander, hopefully we will not like being in the Colorado Rockys too much. Maybe I will find the worst sites so it will force us to leave and make it to the rally.

Herbiesrig
07-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Dan and I will be there for sure.. In between looking for a new place to call Home.. It will be fun as usual..

sgtbigb
07-18-2014, 09:51 PM
We will be there, God willing. To those who has not attended the early days. Plan on it you will not be sorry.

Seren
07-18-2014, 09:57 PM
We will be there, God willing. To those who has not attended the early days. Plan on it you will not be sorry.

Have many days before the rally are the "early days"

jbeletti
07-19-2014, 06:23 AM
Have many days before the rally are the "early days"

6/9 to 6/15 are the pre-rally dates. LINK (https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/46999-EVENT-North-American-Heartland-Rally-IN-Goshen-6-16-2015-to-6-21-2015) to rally post.

Seren
07-19-2014, 09:51 AM
6/9 to 6/15 are the pre-rally dates. LINK (https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/46999-EVENT-North-American-Heartland-Rally-IN-Goshen-6-16-2015-to-6-21-2015) to rally post.

Thanks. We just became members, so right now we are planning on being there for the rally and pre-rally.

Michael and Alice

Seren
07-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Gerry, I've started my spreadsheet to keep up with those of us interested in playing. Have you down. We played two round last year. Will see how the interest is this year and what I can work out with the course(s).

Tom

Bought our first RV in Mar (Landmark) and just started fulltiming. We are planning on being at the national rally, so you can put my name down for some golf. Although I have played twice in the last 10 years, I use to have a 10 handicap when I was in the military, hopefully it is like riding a bike and I will remember how to swing without hurting myself, or anyone else :-)

Michael and Alice

jbeletti
07-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Thanks. We just became members, so right now we are planning on being there for the rally and pre-rally.

Michael and Alice

Michael and Alice - you will enjoy the rally and pre-rally. There will be many opportunities to have fun and to learn.

shovelguy
07-30-2014, 10:56 AM
We are primed and ready to go. We had so much fun last year. Rally and pre-rally, yahoo! It is going to be a long hard wait. D&J

2psnapod1
08-01-2014, 11:06 AM
2PS will be there! Already working on my 2015 itinerary and got the dates down...now everything else will work around the rally! Let us know if you need help with anything....glad to help! 311 day til Pre-Rally!!

GrumpyOneandTwo
08-01-2014, 07:17 PM
We attended our first "Heartland Owners" rally this past April in Gulf Shores, AL. We met a great group of people who all warned us that "we do not want to miss the Goshen rally next year!" So, we are making plans to attend this one in June 2015. We will have to plan to leave Goshen in time to be in Clermont, FL on June 26, 2015 for our Great Grand Daughter Emma Jean's FIRST BIRTHDAY! Other than that we are planning to be in Goshen.

jbeletti
08-01-2014, 08:13 PM
2PS will be there! Already working on my 2015 itinerary and got the dates down...now everything else will work around the rally! Let us know if you need help with anything....glad to help! 311 day til Pre-Rally!!

Uh oh - you've gone and done it now Kelly :)

I will be in touch ::ahem::cough::cough::LTA What! :) Love ya :)

2psnapod1
08-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Uh oh - you've gone and done it now Kelly :)

I will be in touch ::ahem::cough::cough::LTA What! :) Love ya :)

MUAH!!! Love you too! :)

Lou_and_Bette
08-02-2014, 08:51 PM
2PS will be there!

And there goes he neighborhood!!! Tom, put me down for golf. Lou

Hockster
08-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Plan on being there for the pre rally.
I'm thinking of 8 June to be there.
Always a great time in Goshen.
Agree with Cookie on that Bakery, that was an excellent stop.
Really looking forward to Las Vegas in 2016.
Should be a great trip out and back.

Hockster

Bobby A
08-06-2014, 08:06 PM
HI Jim,
You know Lisa and I will be there for both, (lord willing) as usual we can work with Mark and his wife in the kitchen, but we will see you in Tampa first.

jbeletti
08-06-2014, 10:39 PM
HI Jim,
You know Lisa and I will be there for both, (lord willing) as usual we can work with Mark and his wife in the kitchen, but we will see you in Tampa first.

Thanks Bobby! Always look forward to seeing you and Lisa. Thanks for the offer to help. Too soon to tell what we'll need. I do NOT think we'll try a potluck for 300. Not in the ECCC building - just too tight.

In fact, for our catered dinners, I'm strongly leaning towards either plated dinners or having service tents setup in the parking lot where the food line goes through the tent and back into the building for seating. Just toying with ideas right now.

jbeletti
08-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Plan on being there for the pre rally.
I'm thinking of 8 June to be there.
Always a great time in Goshen.
Agree with Cookie on that Bakery, that was an excellent stop.
Really looking forward to Las Vegas in 2016.
Should be a great trip out and back.

Hockster

Hi Gary - Vegas in 2016 is still in the "planning" stage but is not a for sure deal yet as I need time to work on a contract with them. If we can come to terms, it will be a go. Just giving a general update :)

2psnapod2
08-07-2014, 10:01 AM
And there goes he neighborhood!!! Tom, put me down for golf. Lou
Lou you better think again. We are the hood!

Mikemm62
08-31-2014, 06:35 PM
We are on our way>>>>:cool:

2psnapod2
08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
How fast are you driving? It's not that far from Michigan!

We are on our way>>>>:cool:

JMVford
09-02-2014, 10:10 AM
You just know Mike and I are going to be there. Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
So much fun and such wonderful people. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, as well as meeting new friends.

jbeletti
09-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Would anyone be into this group if I hired them for the rally?

The Cavern Beat (LINK (http://www.thecavernbeat.com/news.php)).

http://youtu.be/QIUYVhK9yjg

http://youtu.be/ExFx5KsrhFg

http://youtu.be/CPW44CMvHoU

rfournelle
09-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Will Paul & Ringo be attending as well? I'd like to meet Barbara Bach.

happykraut
09-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Sounds like they might be good entertainment.

olcoon
09-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Sally is up for them, but after spending a week in Mountain View, AR. I think a group called Possum Juice would be great!!! You say I'm a Red Neck...I'll have you know my neck is light maroon!!!

jimpav
09-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Yep.......Since I believe that most of us Heartland owners are baby boomers ('46-'64), this group would be quite nostalgic. Simply Diamond, a Neil Diamond tribute group we heard in Ottawa, Illinois, would also be a good choice.

szewczyk_john
09-05-2014, 07:21 AM
I can get into any live musical act but I would prefer an act that concentrates on an era or period of time over one that is a single group's tribute band. I mean I would rather hear a nights worth of late 60's and early 70 greatest hits then to hear a single group perform their version of the Beatles top 20 hits. Just my 2 cents.

danemayer
09-05-2014, 07:54 AM
They sound pretty good.

kkamshop
09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
It was on the news that 50 years ago this week the Beatles played at the Indiana State Fair! 50 years, omg...

Kbvols
09-05-2014, 04:12 PM
I can get into any live musical act but I would prefer an act that concentrates on an era or period of time over one that is a single group's tribute band. I mean I would rather hear a nights worth of late 60's and early 70 greatest hits then to hear a single group perform their version of the Beatles top 20 hits. Just my 2 cents.

I would agree with you. For whatever it is worth.

jassson007
09-05-2014, 04:37 PM
I would agree with you. For whatever it is worth.

We agree as well but we prefer the 80's. Lol

JWalker
09-05-2014, 05:22 PM
We agree as well but we prefer the 80's. Lol

80's. A little Hair Band rock would be good. Haha

ILH
09-05-2014, 05:37 PM
It was on the news that 50 years ago this week the Beatles played at the Indiana State Fair! 50 years, omg...

Now I really feel old. I went to a Beatle-mania show 35 years ago.

rjr6150
09-05-2014, 06:14 PM

X2 for Kathy and I

TandT
09-05-2014, 06:23 PM
As a rule, I'm not into tribute bands, but these guys actually sound really good. Trace

ALF
09-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Would anyone be into this group is I hired them for the rally?

The Cavern Beat (LINK (http://www.thecavernbeat.com/news.php)).

Okay...I am definitely in..not like I wasn't anyway....but this seals the deal. I will be dancing all the way there.
Great choice Jim!

Sue

jbeletti
09-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Okay - so we're running a close split between liking a Beatles tribute band vs doing something else, like having a band covering a time block. I've heard 60s, 70s and 80s.

Not sure what I will, knowing any choice will never work for everyone - but I do appreciate all the feedback. Please keep it coming!

szewczyk_john
09-06-2014, 04:45 AM
For the record, I am a blues man. The older and raunchier, the better. But I do listen to every genre of music. No band that covers any era of music will go a night without playing a few Beatles hits. They had that much affect on the American music scene. I was not slamming listening to Beatles music for a night, I just would rather hear a bunch of number one songs from an era rather than hearing all of one band's greatest hits.

Seren
09-06-2014, 07:08 AM
For the record, I am a blues man. The older and raunchier, the better. But I do listen to every genre of music. No band that covers any era of music will go a night without playing a few Beatles hits. They had that much affect on the American music scene. I was not slamming listening to Beatles music for a night, I just would rather hear a bunch of number one songs from an era rather than hearing all of one band's greatest hits.

X2 on getting a variety, vice just a group's music all night.

Hockster
09-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Jim on the Vegas trip in 2016, I have no doubt that you will "Get Er Done".
If anyone can pull this off, it's you.
Still curious as to how the site selection will work out in Goshen next year.
I really liked my site last rally in Goshen on the Railroad Tracks, except for the dusty road, and was hoping to get it again next year.
A suggestion for vendors for Goshen would be Mor-Ryde.

Hockster

mountainlovers76
09-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Same here. A variety of 60's, 70's and 80's top hits would be great.

happykraut
09-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Would anyone be into this group is I hired them for the rally?
I'm a bit confused. According to the above you hired them already, but now it looks like your looking for ideas. I retract my last post and go with a 50's variety type of band.

JohnDar
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Even some current (danceable) hits and a band that plays late.

Kbvols
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Even some current (danceable) hits and a band that plays late.

Like and agree...

jbeletti
09-11-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm a bit confused. According to the above you hired them already, but now it looks like your looking for ideas. I retract my last post and go with a 50's variety type of band.

It was a typo on my part Bernie. I have made no decisions, tough I'm leaning towards hiring Cavern Beat for one night and doing a DJ to play 60s, 70s, 80s hits another night.

Nabo
09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Two thumbs up for Cavern Beat.

porthole
09-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Beatles fan here - but not for an all nighter.
Variety is the spice of life.

Griffweb
09-20-2014, 02:19 PM
We are going to try our best to make it. We are currently at our first chapter rally and really having a blast. I can only imagine that the national rally would be awesome.

Mike and Bridget Griffin
Members since 2014

wildwolfproducts
09-28-2014, 04:09 PM
I like that band and there sound. But I agree songs from the 60's,70's and 80's would be nice.
Also sorry for not getting back to you on the BBQ will try to figure that now and get the info to you.
Looking forward to June and a week there.
Pete

mlpeloquin
09-29-2014, 01:42 PM
My wife and I purchase a Big Horn 3210 a year ago. We have been to the Sparks Navada, and Jackson California rallies. We are also going to the rally in Temecula California next month. We will attend the North American rally as well.

Marc & Carol

Rusty_7
10-02-2014, 07:31 PM
We attended the 2013 rally in Goeshen in our new cyclone. We unfortunately were assigned a spot up against the fence near the race track and was unable to lower our ramp and fully utilize our unit. I hope some deep thought might go into the lot assignments for 2015.

jbeletti
10-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Rusty,

There are not a lot of sites that we can ensure rear ramps can be lowered down for unloading. Many of the sites are back-to-back and as you experienced, those that aren't back-to-back are up against a wall or a stage or a fence or a ravine.

It isn't likely there are enough sites that would work out well for a toyhauler's rear ramp based on the number of toyhaulers we get at this rally.

There is one row in the south campground that works better than others for "unloading" but not leaving the ramp down or using it as a patio.

goldenbetty
10-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Now ya talking!

It was a typo on my part Bernie. I have made no decisions, tough I'm leaning towards hiring Cavern Beat for one night and doing a DJ to play 60s, 70s, 80s hits another night.

cookie
10-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Now ya talking!
But Betty, are ya gonna be there?

Peace
Dave

goldenbetty
10-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Thinking about it. Planning phases. Crunchin the $$. How are you?

jassson007
10-03-2014, 10:19 PM
But Betty, are ya gonna be there?

Peace
Dave

Trying to talk them into it Dave so we aren't only La folks there. Lol

TXBobcat
10-04-2014, 12:15 AM
I am planning to attend the rally in June. Probably be there for the Pre-Rally. I am going to have my knees evaluated on Jan. 20th and that will tell me if I can make it. Hoping to have the work done in July if everything goes right.

Big Al and Donna
10-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Donna and I are planning on being there for the pre rally all the way thru. Jim, let us know if you have a job for us to keep us busy. Also hope we can get our usual spot , it works perfect for the crew parties.
Al

jbeletti
10-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Donna and I are planning on being there for the pre rally all the way thru. Jim, let us know if you have a job for us to keep us busy. Also hope we can get our usual spot , it works perfect for the crew parties.
Al

Hey Big Al - looking forward to seeing you both as it will have been 2 years!

Too early to tell on work for you guys - but we'll probably have something. Unknown on siting as we need to change things up. But I agree - where you were works well for the crew "after hours" appreciation time :)

Is Tom and Nancy P coming?

c.brown
10-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Charlie and Maggie we are planning on being there early also pre rally all the way through can't wait to see you all again. Jim if you have anything for us to do we will be happy to help

bighornby
11-09-2014, 10:15 AM
we are certainly planning on being there jim with all our ontario chapter and other canadian members. unfortunately we may not be able to make the pre-rally due to holiday issues. with that said and arriving basically later than the majority what insight can you give me as to site assignment based on possible changes you may be making? i will assume for now i wont get same site i had for last two national rallies due to arriving later than most. also want to send you a reminder about contacting the gentleman who made my amazing firepit ring and having him as a vendor if he is able. as usual we know you will do an outstanding job with your organizers and helpers. looking forward to seeing all our great american friends in goshen again and as my wife donna says "lets party"

murry135
11-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Hey JB,

Colleen and I plan on attending the 2015 Goshen Rally also the pre-rally. Looking forward to the adventure and meeting new friends. I will keep an eye on thread for updates regarding reservations.

Jim

TravelTiger
11-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Depends on our housing situation, but right now we plan to be there! Hopefully a for a few days of the pre-Rally, too.

jbeletti
11-09-2014, 08:22 PM
we are certainly planning on being there jim with all our ontario chapter and other canadian members. unfortunately we may not be able to make the pre-rally due to holiday issues. with that said and arriving basically later than the majority what insight can you give me as to site assignment based on possible changes you may be making? i will assume for now i wont get same site i had for last two national rallies due to arriving later than most. also want to send you a reminder about contacting the gentleman who made my amazing firepit ring and having him as a vendor if he is able. as usual we know you will do an outstanding job with your organizers and helpers. looking forward to seeing all our great american friends in goshen again and as my wife donna says "lets party"

Hi Mike,

The current plan, for "most sites", is to allow attendees to choose their own sites from a list of available sites. This will be done in real-time. As such, you may or may not be able to secure your previous site, but chances are good that you should be able to get a site in the same area, depending on how quick you are to register, once registration opens up in late February.

Thanks for the reminder on the fire-ring vendor. No promises, but I have noted it.

jbeletti
11-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Hey JB,

Colleen and I plan on attending the 2015 Goshen Rally also the pre-rally. Looking forward to the adventure and meeting new friends. I will keep an eye on thread for updates regarding reservations.

Jim

Hey Jim (and Col),

The current "plan" is to open up rally registration to all club members on the last Saturday of February. The timing could slip, but that's the current plan. We will push out an email to club members updating them on the plan as we get close to launch. We will also use all social media channels to get the word out.

ncc1701e
11-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Two things.... it is "Combs".....and not to hijack your thread, but any thoughts on how we might keep the TN clan together at the national rally?

jbeletti
11-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Two things.... it is "Combs".....and not to hijack your thread, but any thoughts on how we might keep the TN clan together at the national rally?

Tom,

The only way to keep a clan together is to register early and at the same time. Attendees will be choosing their own sites from those available.

Nabo
11-11-2014, 11:19 AM
OH MY - sorry Tom. Get the wet noodle out and ready for a beating :(.

As for the North American Heartland Owners Club (NAHOC) rally - I thought I had an understanding on how site assignment was going to be handled but according to Jim's response, I don't. Let me do some more research and will email the whole TN Chapter. I think the committee is still trying to figure things out and what had been told earlier has changed.

ncc1701e
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
From what I read, as a group we just need to decide that as we register we are going to try for area "xyz". We may not be door to door, but we should not be on opposite sides of the park. We just have to communicate with each other. I understand the complexities of scheduling an event like this and respect what the committee seems to be attempting with this year's rally. Our challenge as a group is to stay in touch with each other as to what area see are trying to camp in.

Nabo
11-11-2014, 08:11 PM
As of a couple of weeks ago, the committee was only talking about participants would pick the area they wanted to be in (like infield, northwest, etc) at time of registration and then you would be escorted to the next open site in the row for that area. They were doing that because of early arrivals blocking other sites which made it difficult to park later arrivals (this had happen the last rally in Goshen). In the past it wasn't a problem because the rally wasn't as big but now with more and more rigs coming, siting have gotten tighter. If we wanted to be sited near each other, we would have to declare the area and all come in as a group at one time so that we would be parked in a row next to each other. Now the way I read Jim's response, it sounds like we pick site numbers at time of registration. With that being said, I'm real confused.

jbeletti
11-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Byrd,

I aplogize for not being clear when Julie and I addressed attendees at the NC rally a couple weeks back on Goshen siting. There have been no changes to the plan from what we intimated there.

The current plan is to "allow attendees to self-select sites" (in the same manner as we did in Urbanna in 2014).

There will be exceptions as there are some sites in some sections that in order to not lose a site, we need to park attendees in first, before we park attendees in nearby sites. So, those few sites, plus a few others they affect, will be grouped. In those cases, attendees "may" choose to be placed in one of these groups. In this example, the attendee will not know what site they will get until we park them. We won't know until time of parking either.

For those who know the Fairgrounds property well, a couple of real examples are:
1. Some sites in the Infield
2. Some sites in the South Campground on the East site of Maple
3. Possibly Draft Horse Barn

So a question that has been raised (not just by Tom, but others) is "how can I get grouped with by pals or my chapter etc.? The best answer is that the group should identify an area of sites desired, then all group members register as soon as registration opens.

This all said, and not picking on anyone, but tossing something out there...

We are planning for 300 rigs and will have around 285 full-hookup sites. This means that around 15 rigs will be placed on 30-amp power and water only sites. The downside here is no sewer hookup. The upside is that there may be an opportunity to site up to 15 rigs together. At this time, we are not planning to hire a pump-out service. There are dump stations within the Fairgrounds property and attendees will be able to contract on their own with a local pump-out service provider. If anyone has an interest in a siting a group of up to 15 rigs in these non-sewer sites - please let me or Julie know.

porthole
11-12-2014, 10:32 PM
What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

wildwolfproducts
11-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Sounds like its going to be fun Fun Fun. Looking forward to this one for sure.

Jim did you get my reply to your last E-Mail?
Pete

bighornby
12-04-2014, 06:38 PM
we like the beatles so that works for us, but i really like having a dj play 60's, 70's and 80's. great music during those three decades.

bsummit
12-18-2014, 09:42 PM
We will be there for the first time. Looking forward to the rally and meeting and making new friends.

paulh
12-27-2014, 01:13 AM
Hi Jim !!

We have finalized our plans for 2015 and will be attending the pre-rally all the way through. Let us know if you need help with anything at all. We are really looking forward to our first national rally.

elwaller39
12-27-2014, 10:16 AM
We will be able to come to the pre rally and half of the rally if you do not mind. My sons county fair is going on the same time the rally is and my grandson will be showing livestock near the end of thier fair. Evans & Lana

J-W&E
12-28-2014, 06:52 PM
We are planning to attend the rally too......also part of the pre-rally. Looking forward to seeing all our friends there.

arisce
01-02-2015, 08:48 PM
We will be there at the pre-rally and rally. Plus two cats. We reserve our site-#411. See you there.

Possum51
01-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Have you already reserved your place? It looks like it since you already have a space number. This will be our first rally but I thought it said we couldn't register until the end of February. I sure don't want to miss it!

How will we know when it time to register??

VKTalley
01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Have you already reserved your place? It looks like it since you already have a space number. This will be our first rally but I thought it said we couldn't register until the end of February. I sure don't want to miss it!

How will we know when it time to register??

Jim Beletti will let everyone know via email and on here when it's time to register.

Majestic
01-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Jim

Can you clarify for us that have not attended before.

Will the registration opening be posted here or via direct email?

Thanks

jassson007
01-03-2015, 11:05 AM
If it was like last year I believe it is both.

cookie
01-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Andy is correct. Be sure that your profile has your correct, current email address.
Look for information to come, oh, say sometime around the third weekend of February.
Maybe sooner, maybe later.

Peace
Dave

Rottiesmom
01-03-2015, 11:25 AM
This to will be our first time attending the Goshen rally and I know we can not make our rally reservations until it is posted in February but if we want to make our pre-rally reservations are we able to do that now and if so who do we contact? I see on the post for the Goshen rally it has the fair ground name and address but no number.

jbeletti
01-03-2015, 12:04 PM
This to will be our first time attending the Goshen rally and I know we can not make our rally reservations until it is posted in February but if we want to make our pre-rally reservations are we able to do that now and if so who do we contact? I see on the post for the Goshen rally it has the fair ground name and address but no number.

Hi Colleen - no need to make pre-rally reservations with the fairgrounds. You'll select your pre-rally arrival date during the rally registration process and pay for it all at time of registration.

jbeletti
01-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Jim

Can you clarify for us that have not attended before.

Will the registration opening be posted here or via direct email?

Thanks

Gary - Dave has it right. Club members will receive an email invitation to register.

murry135
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Jim,
We still don't understand how others posted a site already that they are on for the 2015 Pre-Rally. Sorry we are confused but want to make sure we can get in for the Pre-Rally. Use my private email if need be to explain.

Jim or Murry.

WRIGHT ll
01-06-2015, 04:02 PM
We are planning on attending this rally and hope we can get a reservation!!!

WRIGHT ll
01-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Hey Bob, good to see you're still doing OK. I hope your knee evaluation goes well and if you need surgery it goes well too. We definitely look forward to seeing you in Goshen and maybe before. Orville and Barbara

sledman78
01-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Looking for tips/info on attending
a rally. This will be our first. Never have camped without full hookup. Wife has tons of issues:-) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnDar
01-07-2015, 12:24 PM
a rally. This will be our first. Never have camped without full hookup. Wife has tons of issues:-) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the sites do have full hookup, even if you're sharing the water spigot with another rig. We put a wye on it so there's no problem. Some sites had sewer pipes which were way too tall (and slightly uphill), but some midnight hacksaw surgery cured part of the problem. The second time at the same site and I had the SewerSolution hose set, which did the job quite well, even with the slight incline. The connections are at the rear of most sites, so make sure you have enough sewer and water hose, as well as shore cable, to run to the rear of your rig and then some. When the registration opens up, the map should show the sites that don't have full hook ups.

For the most part, the sites are fairly close together and there will be helpers to guide you to your site and assist shoe-horning you into it. But there's still enough room to fully deploy your slides and awnings without smacking the rigs next to you. You may have to park your tow vehicle at another spot, though, since there isn't a lot of room, especially on days when folks are arriving or leaving.

Sometime after the registration opens up, Jim B. and company start putting out an agenda of events, seminars, vendors, and such that will be held during the rally. Included is the opportunity to have Heartland technicians on site to fix two things on your rig if you so desire. Within limits, of course. So stay tuned.

danemayer
01-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Some sites are quite a hike from the meeting rooms, so there are usually golf carts available for rent as part of the registration process. Or you can use your truck and park outside the meeting rooms.

JohnD
01-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Wow . . . I saw Tony Orlando & Dawn at the Elkhart County 4H Fair back in 1975 or 1976!

TravelTiger
01-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Some sites are quite a hike from the meeting rooms, so there are usually golf carts available for rent as part of the registration process. Or you can use your truck and park outside the meeting rooms.

Or ride bikes! It's actually pretty fun to ride around the fairgrounds and see all the rigs.

JWalker
01-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Or ride bikes! It's actually pretty fun to ride around the fairgrounds and see all the rigs.

Agree!! Great area to ride bikes.

clubmgr
01-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Jim,
We still don't understand how others posted a site already that they are on for the 2015 Pre-Rally. Sorry we are confused but want to make sure we can get in for the Pre-Rally. Use my private email if need be to explain.

Jim or Murry.

At this time no sites have been assigned or selected. Registrants will select their sites from the sites available at the time of registration. If anyone has questions, please contact me at club@heartlandowners.org.

Julie Hancock
HOC Manager

BagpiperBill
01-09-2015, 08:07 AM
We are also first timers at the National Rally... had a great time at Lake Delton Wisconsin and somehow caught the Rally Bug.. Is the rally dog friendly? Is there a group of sites where dog people are somewhat together? Are there grassy areas for dog walking and yes we did pick up.. sorta like the National Parks where you don't leave anything behind when you leave.

Bill & Chris McInnes and the PUGS
2013 Silverado 2500
2013 Sundance

cookie
01-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi Bill. There is no cure for the rally bug, it's a monkey on your back so you might as well feed it.
Seems that everyone has five or six dogs so you will be in good company.
And yes, there are plenty of grassy areas for dog walking.

Peace
Dave

clubmgr
01-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Is the rally dog friendly? Is there a group of sites where dog people are somewhat together? Are there grassy areas for dog walking and yes we did pick up.. sorta like the National Parks where you don't leave anything behind when you leave.

The fairgrounds is dog friendly, however there are no designated dog walk areas. A large majority of attendees will have dogs so no attempt is made to group them together. Most camping locations within the fairgrounds have easily accessible areas to walk a dog on a leash. It depends on the individual site how far you will have to walk to get to it.

Pickup is required.

Julie Hancock
HOC Manager

clubmgr
01-09-2015, 10:38 AM
In about a week's time we will be posting maps (or links to maps) of the Goshen Fairgrounds and the individual camping locations within the fairgrounds (campgrounds). These maps will include the locations of the rally and vendor halls.

There will be brief descriptions of each campground and sites identified for folks who are mobility challenged.

Julie Hancock
HOC Manager

kakampers
01-09-2015, 01:06 PM
We wish we had the time to feed the "rally bug", but working won't allow us. However, we stop working completely in June of next year and plan to follow the rally circuit and attend as many as possible for about a year...think we might tag along with Jay and Stella...if they'll have us ;) :)

jayc
01-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Kathy,
Of course you and Ken can come along with us. Hope that new Chevy can keep up...LOL I'll send you an email with our route plans.

olcoon
01-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Ken & Kathy,
I take it you are still on the wind farm? Sounds like things have really slowed down in the oil patch!

kakampers
01-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Jay...wow, you already have 2016's schedule...Cool! Roy...yep, still on the wind farm getting ready to move to next job.

sledman78
01-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Sledman again

Thanks for all the replies. Wife has another question, bringing pets . . .do people bring potty pads for pets or leave pets at home?

jnbhobe
01-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Bring your bags, no dog runs.

Crazyrider
01-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Thanks Cookie, we were wondering about that same information. This will be our first time there too. As a pre-rally sign up, do u help with set up for the rally? Generally what r the site costs?

cookie
01-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Jim, or Denise, the rally is a fixed price. Any add ons for during the pre-rally will be added at checkout when you register.
Pre-rally nights will also be added at that time.
Sorry, I don't have any pricing and once you register everything is done for you.
Just show up.
See you there.

Peace
Dave

dalspot
01-12-2015, 03:02 PM
In 2013, Jim B posted a copy of the fairgrounds map that identified site numbers and locations on it in the 2013 Rally thread, which you can find here:

//heartlandowners.org/rally/2013/venue_layout_storm_shelters.pdf

Combining that with the aerial views of the fairgrounds should give you a good idea of what the fairground sites are like. And maybe what site you'd like to request. If you've never attended before, reading through the 2013 and 2011 threads should help. It's a lot of fun!

Toy1Ton
01-12-2015, 04:45 PM
is their any way I can fine out what site I was on in 2013 Rally?

Nabo
01-12-2015, 04:49 PM
I have the attendee roster from 2011 & 2013. Private message me your name and I can tell you unless you were a very late registration. My roster is of the end of May.

Possum51
01-12-2015, 11:33 PM
is their any way I can fine out what site I was on in 2013 Rally?

Boy! When I look at the map of the fairground the sites really look all spread out. Guess I need to bring our bicycles! Can we tell which sites are the ones with full hook-ups?

TomMar
01-13-2015, 08:30 AM
Come on June - we can't wait to see it all . This is our first national, it will not be our last.:cool::)

JWalker
01-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Come on June - we can't wait to see it all . This is our first national, it will not be our last.:cool::)

It's a great time. This will be our third time out. Can't wait!!

jassson007
01-13-2015, 01:42 PM

Our second if you don't count the pre pre rally where we met JayC and bobcat.

JWalker
01-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Our second if you don't count the pre pre rally where we met JayC and bobcat.

No pre rally for us. Hoping that someone will have a state rally leading up to the National rally. We did that with the Ohio and PA rallies a few years back. Great time!! Left the state rally and convoyed it to Goshen. Awesome!!

http://i60.tinypic.com/25r2i4y.jpg

jassson007
01-13-2015, 01:59 PM
No pre rally for us. Hoping that someone will have a state rally leading up to the National rally. We did that with the Ohio and PA rallies a few years back. Great time!! Left the state rally and convoyed it to Goshen. Awesome!!

Cool. Right now it looks like we will head out to Goshen on 6/5 or 6/6 and stay entire time. [emoji6]

JWalker
01-13-2015, 02:09 PM
Cool. Right now it looks like we will head out to Goshen on 6/5 or 6/6 and stay entire time. [emoji6]

The earliest we can arrive is 6/13. Save us a spot.....

Herbiesrig
01-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know where Harley Hill is located?

danemayer
01-13-2015, 06:20 PM

If I remember correctly, it's between gates 3 and 4 on the map (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2013/venue_layout_storm_shelters.pdf).

jnbhobe
01-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Karen it's to the left as you come in the main gate.

https://blu168.mail.live.com/mail/ViewOfficePreview.aspx?messageid=mgyIvFjztk4hGVkQA iZMF9Xg2&folderid=flinbox&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&n=68928759

dalspot
01-14-2015, 04:17 PM
If you look at the PDF, you will see WES on most of the sites.

Boy! When I look at the map of the fairground the sites really look all spread out. Guess I need to bring our bicycles! Can we tell which sites are the ones with full hook-ups?

clubmgr
01-14-2015, 08:13 PM

Yes, bring your bicycles. Most of the sites are FHU. All the sites used in past rallies are FHU. W/E sites will only be used after the full hookup sites are full. During registraton, when you select your site the sites will be identified as FHU, FHU30amp or W/E.

porthole
01-17-2015, 09:13 PM

Hope the dealers are ready :rolleyes:

JWalker
01-17-2015, 09:47 PM
Hope the dealers are ready :rolleyes:

Yep, we're ready for a change!!

kakampers
01-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Yep, we're ready for a change!!

You're kidding, right??

TravelTiger
01-17-2015, 11:06 PM

Jamie, can you send me that pic for the newsletter?

BagpiperBill
01-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Maps and brochure are real helpful to this newbie...can't wait to get lost looking for my site...

clubmgr
01-18-2015, 04:22 PM
...can't wait to get lost looking for my site...

A member of the parking crew will take you to your site and help you get parked correctly.

JimHamlin
01-21-2015, 08:55 PM
We will most certainly be in goshen and will get there in time for the pre rally fun. Lol

Hi there, this will be our 1st time at a Natl. rally and we're just wondering what goes on at pre-rally. Obviously there's alot more opportunity for social get-togethers, but are there any organized events that week? What's been your experience? Thanx in advance for your feedback . . .

Jim & Jan Hamlin
2008 BigHorn 3400RL
2008 Ford 350 Duelly

jnbhobe
01-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Every year is different lots of events to do or go to, lots of food

jassson007
01-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Hi there, this will be our 1st time at a Natl. rally and we're just wondering what goes on at pre-rally. Obviously there's alot more opportunity for social get-togethers, but are there any organized events that week? What's been your experience? Thanx in advance for your feedback . . .

Jim & Jan Hamlin
2008 BigHorn 3400RL
2008 Ford 350 Duelly

This will just be our second national one but there are tours of the local area and in the past dinners with local Amish families were also a highlight. Jim B should be putting out a schedule soon of events that will go on both during the pre rally and the rally. Hope to see yall there.

Seren
01-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Well, we were going to head west this year, but my siblings decided to arrange a birthday party for our mother in Florida during the end of March. Soooo, we are in the Fl panhandle and I don't want to be the odd-man out, and that it would put us a month behind on our trip to the Rockies, decided to change our plans and make a trip through Tn, Ky, Oh, In, then towards Ma, which means we should be able to make it to the rally in Goshen this year. Rockies next year, which is perfect if you have the national rally in Vegas in 2016.

Possum51
01-25-2015, 10:52 PM
Is there a caravan from Texas for the pre-rally?

Pat and Elaine Poole

jassson007
01-25-2015, 10:57 PM

Pat and Elaine Poole

Pat and Elaine when are yall wanting to head that way and from where in TX?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possum51
01-25-2015, 11:11 PM
Well, we thought about leaving around the 5th or 6th and will be leaving from the Houston area. It's about 975 miles from us. Where are you leaving from?

jayc
01-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Pat and Elaine, we'll be leaving La Marque on the 6th for arrival on the 9th. Send me a PM or email at jcoffman1@gmail.com and we can discuss.

JohnD
01-27-2015, 10:18 AM

Pat and Elaine Poole

There is a caravan planned of the Arizona HOC Chapter going to Goshen . . .

We just returned last night from the Arizona HOC Rally in Quartzsite, AZ and they were planning it there.

Last I heard they had eight or nine trailers planning to go.

Maybe you can hookup with them and make it a convoy!

There is a topic thread about it here :

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/50503-Arizona-Chapter-members-going-to-Goshen

Doublegranch
01-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Arizona Caravan....we will be using the following routes to Goshen... I-10...I-25 with the cut off via Las Cruces to I-40 then on up.....So far we have 9 RV's coming from the Arizona Chapter,,,should anyone need help we will all be available to assist Heartlanders along the way....if you are on our route and need help please feel free to call me at 520 455 0237....This is a Verizon box phone and I will have it plugged into the truck 110 adapter....I will post when we are leaving and days of travel. We are not currently planning on the Pre Rally Activities and will pull in for the first day of the Rally...Hope this helps anyone who may need assistance along the way.... Safe Travels to Everyone!!!!!!

Link to AZ Caravan Discussion (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/50503-Arizona-Chapter-members-going-to-Goshen)

Hastey
01-31-2015, 06:45 PM
I will start a thread for the Oklahoma HOC members to discuss the National Rally and our travel plans, arrival dates and anything else concerning the Goshin Trip. I will also send a email to the members of the OKHOC with a link to that thread.

Good times a commin

paulh
01-31-2015, 08:44 PM
I see on the Fairgrounds map there is an area for trailer weighing and axle alignment inspection. Can anybody tell me if they are set up to do the Correct Trac laser alignments? Also, is there any charge for the weighing and/or alignment?

cookie
01-31-2015, 08:46 PM
Yes, there is a fee for weighing.
I do not know if it has been established that the vendor will be doing the correct track alignment.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
01-31-2015, 11:10 PM
I see on the Fairgrounds map there is an area for trailer weighing and axle alignment inspection. Can anybody tell me if they are set up to do the Correct Trac laser alignments? Also, is there any charge for the weighing and/or alignment?

Paul - the document you're looking at is from 2013.

The RVSEF has confirmed they will be at the rally to do weighing. A price has not been given to me yet.

I have a call with Lippert in about 10 days where I'll nail down a few things I want to do with them. We'll discuss the Correct Track checks to see if this is something they can do.

paulh
02-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks Jim - I am interested in both the trailer weighing and Correct Track alignment check so will watch for more info from you.

Nabo
02-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Jim - If you working out with Lippert on rally specials, can you see if they will include the under-chasis storage box? I know you don't have a real input what they might offer but if a nudge or suggestion from you would be helpful. Thanks

JWalker
02-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Jim - If you working out with Lippert on rally specials, can you see if they will include the under-chasis storage box? I know you don't have a real input what they might offer but if a nudge or suggestion from you would be helpful. Thanks

Yeah, and if your nudging them, how about the new 6 pt Ground Control leveling system.

jassson007
02-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Yeah, and if your nudging them, how about the new 6 pt Ground Control leveling system.

Shoot Jamie ain't it time to upgrade anyway? Just buy a new BC or BH and save the install money. Lol

JWalker
02-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Shoot Jamie ain't it time to upgrade anyway? Just buy a new BC or BH and save the install money. Lol

Wish it was that easy. BC & BH really do not cater to the families. No bunkhouses at all. Won't give that up now that we got it. We did the "convert the couch to bed" thing for 4 years. Won't go back.

jassson007
02-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Wish it was that easy. BC & BH really don't cater to the families. No bunkhouses at all. Won't give that up now that we got it. We did the "convert the couch to bed" thing for 4 years. Won't go back.

Just messing with ya. Lol. Keep waiting for you to sign up for my rally btw. Lol

JWalker
02-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Just messing with ya. Lol. Keep waiting for you to sign up for my rally btw. Lol

We will be in Goshen. First rounds on me.

jassson007
02-01-2015, 03:53 PM

Sounds good to me. What day yall arriving? We will be there early.

TravelTiger
02-01-2015, 04:45 PM

And provide (reasonable pricing for) upgrading to auto leveling for those with Ground Control?! ;)

JohnDar
02-01-2015, 07:28 PM
If I read correctly a while back, those of us with the original Ground Control systems can't be upgraded to the auto-level system. That's fine with me.

TravelTiger
02-01-2015, 07:59 PM
If I read correctly a while back, those of us with the original Ground Control systems can't be upgraded to the auto-level system. That's fine with me.

I don't know, there was a kit for sale there for a while. I thought it converted the original (Rieco Titan?)

http://m.campingworld.com/shopping/item/one-touch-upgrade-with-infrared-remote-control/77590

JohnDar
02-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Woo, Erika, for that price, I think I'll pass. That's half of what I paid for the system.

TravelTiger
02-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Woo, Erika, for that price, I think I'll pass. That's half of what I paid for the system.

Thus, my request for a "reasonable" offer. ;)

JWalker
02-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Sounds good to me. What day yall arriving? We will be there early.

Leaving at 1pm on Friday the 12th. Looking to stay somewhere in Ohio for the night and pull into Goshen Saturday sometime.

jassson007
02-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Leaving at 1pm on Friday the 12th. Looking to stay somewhere in Ohio for the night and pull into Goshen Saturday sometime.

Awesome. I will have a cold one waiting for Ya.

Rottiesmom
02-02-2015, 02:46 PM

We'll be leaving probably around 5:00 pm on Friday the 12th and stop in Ohio at a rest stop that has RV hook ups and head into Goshen sometime Saturday morning/early afternoon.

JWalker
02-02-2015, 03:17 PM
We'll be leaving probably around 5:00 pm on Friday the 12th and stop in Ohio at a rest stop that has RV hook ups and head into Goshen sometime Saturday morning/early afternoon.

Let me know what rest stop. We will have our own pre rally.

DW_Gray
02-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Amy and I would like to come. But until I come up with the funds for a major slide-out and other possible wall frame repair, it sits in the storage lot. I guess our 40K miles of travels was just too much.

mrcomer
02-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Duct tape that thing together and gitr on the road to Goshen.

Rottiesmom
02-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Let me know what rest stop. We will have our own pre rally.

Sounds good to us a pre rally rally LOL will talk in Lancaster!

porthole
02-03-2015, 11:33 AM

Whoo hoo, Jamie's buying the first round for 300+

JWalker
02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Whoo hoo, Jamie's buying the first round for 300+

Hey Now!!!! The first 20-25 will be ok. The next 275 might get something slightly watered down.

We're getting the outside kitchen set up for social hour. We got our little Ninja blender system ready to go. The ice make came yesterday. (Awesome little thing). And the fridge will be stocked.

jbeletti
02-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Hey Now!!!! The first 20-25 will be ok. The next 275 might get something slightly watered down.

We're getting the outside kitchen set up for social hour. We got our little Ninja blender system ready to go. The ice make came yesterday. (Awesome little thing). And the fridge will be stocked.

Blended adult ice cream drinks too? :)

jbeletti
02-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Amy and I would like to come. But until I come up with the funds for a major slide-out and other possible wall frame repair, it sits in the storage lot. I guess our 40K miles of travels was just too much.

We'll miss you guys. Keeping up with you and the house and the growing family on Facebook.

jbeletti
02-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Colleen - have you used those RV spots on the toll-road in Ohio? I've looked at them twice. The ones I looked at are super short and they're $20 (power only I think).

porthole
02-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Colleen - have you used those RV spots on the toll-road in Ohio? I've looked at them twice. The ones I looked at are super short and they're $20 (power only I think).

The RV spots are listed for use with "Chassis" RV's eg motorhomes. We have used them and each time the spots for the most part were empty and not an issue. If we had to, I suppose I could back the trailer in and unhook. $20 for 24 hours.

TravelTiger
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM

I second what Mark, said, duct tape and baling wire. Take it to HL and see if they can help you out!

2psnapod2
02-03-2015, 04:48 PM
We are going to schedule an appointment at Heartland for repairs. As we have a pretty good list already. I also plan to stay a few extra days to do some repairs myself. No better place to get parts than right by the OEM Manufacturers and the company of the builder!

Seren
02-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Having never been at a rally before...

I assume there will be a lot of vendors with good deals at the rally, so it I was planning on buying something like a good bed (Sleep Number or Denver), or solar panels should I wait for the rally?

Nabo
02-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Michael - The rally will publish a couple of fliers with specials that Lippert and a few other name branded company will be offer for this rally only. They usually appear late April or early May in that Jim Beletti is working to finalize with all parties. Yes there will also be a marketing area with local vendors selling stuff from Mark Marketing (clothing and HL Owners club stuff) to individual vendors selling jewelry, etc. We even had an Amish group there for a few hours selling their breads, cookies, etc. All of this will be listed closer to rally date (late May or early June). Hope this helps.

shovelguy
02-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Michael - The rally will publish a couple of fliers with specials that Lippert and a few other name branded company will be offer for this rally only. They usually appear late April or early May in that Jim Beletti is working to finalize with all parties. Yes there will also be a marketing area with local vendors selling stuff from Mark Marketing (clothing and HL Owners club stuff) to individual vendors selling jewelry, etc. We even had an Amish group there for a few hours selling their breads, cookies, etc. All of this will be listed closer to rally date (late May or early June). Hope this helps.

Will this include offers to get the level up system installed while at the rally?

jbeletti
02-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Will this include offers to get the level up system installed while at the rally?

Dean and Jodi,

For this rally, I ask Lippert to give me some specials to pass along. They've always come through. LevelUp is always on the list. It isn't done "at" the rally though. I usually ask them to make the special good for some period prior to and following the rally. In that way, attendees are able to get the work done before or after the rally and not interupt their rally fun.

jbeletti
02-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Having never been at a rally before...

I assume there will be a lot of vendors with good deals at the rally, so it I was planning on buying something like a good bed (Sleep Number or Denver), or solar panels should I wait for the rally?

Byrd gave you good info. Lippert will have their Denver Mattress too. I think Camping World has an exclusive on the RV version of the Sleep Number bed, so this won't be there.

szewczyk_john
02-04-2015, 06:03 AM
How does one go about scheduling repair work at the rally? What are the costs? When I made it to the 2011 Goshen rally, I was a newbie and had no idea how or what to expect at a rally. With all the posts on here about people attending their first rally, it would be a good idea to explain this to the members.

2psnapod1
02-04-2015, 06:40 AM
When Jim B has all of his ducks in a row he'll announce when it's time to sign up to have repair work done.

JohnDar
02-04-2015, 07:39 AM
The repair work done at the rally by the HL factory techs is typically minor repair, free, and limited to two different items per rig. Basically "field repairs," like replacing wheel trim, broken FlexGuard strips, and some minor interior work. When Jim B puts up the forms, you fill in what you need fixed and they will try to accommodate it and bring the parts or return with them. A good deal, for sure.

TravelTiger
02-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Stressing again "minor repairs" are done at the Rally. We had our fridge drain replaced, and a cracking decal replaced.

To address other posts about needing other repairs, I think you would contact Heartland to see what they are able to do. Someone who has had larger repairs done before or after the rally can chime in.

danemayer
02-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Last time in Goshen, if I recall correctly, one of Jim B.'s rally team volunteers screened the requests to evaluate whether they fit into what could be done by Heartland at the rally.

jbeletti
02-04-2015, 10:35 AM
How does one go about scheduling repair work at the rally? What are the costs? When I made it to the 2011 Goshen rally, I was a newbie and had no idea how or what to expect at a rally. With all the posts on here about people attending their first rally, it would be a good idea to explain this to the members.

John - great question and you've received a lot of great answers so far.

Generally, here's how it works:

An email will be sent out to all registered rally attendees around the beginning of April. That email will include a link to a service request form
The form will ask you to submit 2 minor service request. It will also coach you as to what a minor service item is
Your submission is stored in a database. A club member volunteer (Dave Yocum) will do the initial review of all submissions. Dave will interact with attendees as needed and he will work with Heartland to obtain approvals. Approvals will be communicated to the attendees. Anything that is declined will also be communicated and attendees will have a chance to submit something else to replace denied items
Service work will be done at the campground on your site. As such, truly only minor items can be fixed. They won't be dropping any underbellies to work on anything below the floor (tanks, valves, plumbing). They won't replace doors/windows/appliances
Approved minor service repairs are done at no cost as a thank you from Heartland

Hope this helps

szewczyk_john
02-04-2015, 12:44 PM
that does help. I was completely new to heartland and this forum when we registered for the 2011 rally. We enjoyed it but I must have missed that email because I remember commenting that it would have been nice to know how to get that stuff done because I had no clue about that. I do my own repairs usually anyway.
Thanks for the replies.

jbeletti
02-05-2015, 12:43 AM
John,

If you were at the 2011 Goshen Rally and missed hearing about the Minor Rally Service Work - then we did a poor job of letting you know about it. So sorry about that. Often times we have rally attendees who register after the cut-off date for submitting their service request. For those folks, we have a walk-up process where once they arrive and are all setup, they walk over to our service desk at the rally and sign up for work to be done on a time and materials available basis.

See you in June!