Elk Ridge - 15 INCH WHEEL BOLT PATTERN

The wife and I just purchased a 295 Elk Ridge yesterday. I'm wanting to upgrade the wheel and tire set up to 16 inch rims and load range E tires.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello CoookieVaquero and welcome to the forum. Lots of great people and information here.
I moved your post to the ER General Discussion area.
You should get the information you need from another owner.

Peace
Dave

johnpsz

You should have the same 6 lug 15" wheels that came on mine. If so they are 6 X 5.5 bolt pattern, I got a great quote from tredit on the 16" rims and oddly enough the best price on tire mounting and balancing is from Costco. We just ordered the rims so maybe in the next few weeks we'll have the 16" installed. We are going with an upgraded tire or it could have been less, but our total is just under 1200 for 5 16" wheels and tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hello CoookieVaquero and welcome to the forum. Lots of great people and information here.
I moved your post to the ER General Discussion area.
You should get the information you need from another owner.

Peace
Dave

Perfect,, Thank You, I tried to measure, but with the center cap in the way, with out taking off the wheel I could not get a accurate measurement. Great price on 5 wheels and tires? WOW
now that is really in my price range!!! If I may ask what is the brand of the tire,. I assume 235/80/16?

johnpsz

Actually, 235/80/16 is an ST trailer tire and without going into my reasons I chose to go with an LT tire. I am still debating on 235/85/16's but the math put them at just about 1.25" gap between tires and others have said that was ok for them I'm not sure. The other size I'm debating between is 245/75/16, they are close to the height of the 235/80/16, but a bit wider. I was quoted the similar price between the 2 sizes and both are special order for my Costco, btw that's for Bridgestone Duravis R250 rib style commercial light truck tire.

Actually, 235/80/16 is an ST trailer tire and without going into my reasons I chose to go with an LT tire. I am still debating on 235/85/16's but the math put them at just about 1.25" gap between tires and others have said that was ok for them I'm not sure. The other size I'm debating between is 245/75/16, they are close to the height of the 235/80/16, but a bit wider. I was quoted the similar price between the 2 sizes and both are special order for my Costco, btw that's for Bridgestone Duravis R250 rib style commercial light truck tire.

So I went shopping for tires yesterday. I saw the Bridgestone Duravis R250. Excellent tire. I worked for Largest Independent Tire Dealer on the West Coast for the Last 26 years in till I retired in March. SO going with the 245/75/16 You can go with a bit wider rim as will. The choices expand greatly from a 16x6 to a 16x7 or even 16x8 wheel. I'm still on the fence but I'm thinking that's the way I'M GOING TO GO. I have a 2002 f-350 Crew I bought new, it now has 48,500 miles. I have been saving the truck, slowly getting it ready for what it was meant to do, Pull my retirement getaway. I only have a leveling kit on the truck but have 35 inch tires, with firestone air bags. With 75 pounds of air in the bags The trailer almost sits level but with a bit taller tire it should be perfect>