Mice!!

tammy9882

HIWe have a 2009 32BDHS North Trail. WE park it seasonally.WE have mice!We have blocked any holes with steel whole. We have used moth balls.We think the mice are coming in from the black under belly and have chewed a hole in the flex able duct for the furnace. The mice travel thru the trailer using the furnace duct work. Does anyone have any suggestions for us?Should we remove the black membrane and replace the duct with a metal one? Has anyone done this before? Is this even possible? Maybe there are spots the mice are getting in that we haven't located and perhaps someone else on here has had this same problem.Any suggestions at this point would be helpful! Thank you :)

RoadJunkie

Mouse traps. Near impossible to find and fill all possible entry points. Remove all food from the RV.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Forget the traps and the dryer sheets. Plug all the holes you can find and they'll find the ones you didn't. Go online and look for MouseFree. Get it, use it, it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

We have trapped about 40 little critters in last two months. Only one inside. After seeing the one inside, I got eight mousetraps and put six outside on the ground by the front legs and rear stabilizers and wheels, and two inside. Caught the one inside right away and caught two or three every day for a week, since then it's one on occasion and we've gone over a week at times with zero. Get'em on the ground before they climb inside and thin the population. Keep the traps outside with peanut butter. They'll keep showing up on occasion. Where there's one there are dozens more.

Gary521

Another thing to try is the ultrasonic mouse deterrents. Since I started to use them, no mice. Maybe I am just lucky. Home Depot has them.

bsuds

We have filled any holes we can find and read that Irish Spring soap is a deterrent. No mice inside so far but I have trapped many outside.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If I suspect rodents are in the rig, I keep a tray of D-Con in the storage area. They will go for it immediately and when they eat it, it makes them thirsty. Most of the time, they will leave looking for water. If they happen to die in the rig, it dries them quickly and they will only smell for a day or so. Also works on squirrels, which we had chew up a lot of wires. Cheap fix. Trace

Kbvols

We use traps inside and outside, D-con, mouse repellant spray holes plugged as well as possible but still get occasionally. We never leave any food inside well except the peanut butter on the traps. Little SOB's love themselves some peanut butter.. :)

tammy9882

Forget the traps and the dryer sheets. Plug all the holes you can find and they'll find the ones you didn't. Go online and look for MouseFree. Get it, use it, it works!

Does the Mouse free work in the winter temperatures( -18c)?

olcoon

One thing we found out about, is putting rope lights all around the coach. Everything that touches the ground in inside the rope lights. We'll leave them on 24-7 & haven't had 1 mouse since. However we don't leave ours on a seasonal site, so I'm not sure how your park would like you leaving the lights on 24/7. We've told a lot of people about this & I haven't heard of anyone getting mice with the rope lights...unless they forget to put them out, or don't plug them in.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does the Mouse free work in the winter temperatures( -18c)?

I spray it on in late May and it lasts a year (according to the literature). My rig sits in a seasonal site all summer and an open storage lot over the Michigan winter. Look at the website for more details. All I know is we had mice before using it and now we don't. It puts a thin coating of gel-like oil on the surface and has a mint ingredient. Rodents and crawling insects can't handle it.

zztop

You mentioned you used mothballs. I put mothballs on the feet of all the jacks and around the tires or anything that touches the ground. That keeps them out. I have not had any problem since.
I do not bait them. Why invite them in !

jackal696

also if it it sitting for awhile/months you could find about 2-3 feet tall wire mesh the kind that you would use to stucco a home. curl at the top so if they try to climb they will fall to the ground. dig in the ground.... make a perimeter around your RV.

Kirbyboy

I have dropped the under belly and changed all ducted furnace piping with heavier 4" flex.sealed every hole I could find. The camper was infested when I bought it. Had to take everything apart to clean it all out. Big job.they got into the furnace.refregerator ,oven,under every cabinet. There was mouse poop everywhere. The previous owners used it this way,yuck.Cleaned it all up,sealed all holes and sold the camper.

MurrayN.

I have been using peppermint oil on cotton balls for a couple of years and have had no mice in my Sundance since we got it and I live on a farm. The Mouse Free product uses peppermint oil along with a couple of other things to do the same thing. This is the same peppermint oil that you buy in any grocery store for your baking. It leaves your rv with a pleasant smell and no critters. I put 2-3 drops on every cotton ball and put a couple dozen throughout the rv. In bottom drawers in the cupboards, in all the corners, everywhere you see, in the storage in the front. A couple drops of oil down every register. Cheap prevention that is easy to live with later. Works for me.

GOTTOYS

Forget the moth balls, dryer sheets, ultrasonic gizmos. They only work if there are no mice to chase away. The only way to get rid of the little buggers is to kill them dead! I use DeCon in my shed, boat stored in backyard, garage and 5th wheel. I've also been know to set a trap or two. No mouse damage to anything since I started to use this and I usually find 3-4 dead mice every year somewhere. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...Don

Bobby A

I have been using peppermint oil on cotton balls for a couple of years and have had no mice in my Sundance since we got it and I live on a farm. The Mouse Free product uses peppermint oil along with a couple of other things to do the same thing. This is the same peppermint oil that you buy in any grocery store for your baking. It leaves your rv with a pleasant smell and no critters. I put 2-3 drops on every cotton ball and put a couple dozen throughout the rv. In bottom drawers in the cupboards, in all the corners, everywhere you see, in the storage in the front. A couple drops of oil down every register. Cheap prevention that is easy to live with later. Works for me.

Ditto on the peppermint oil, been using it for a few years, no critters, knock on wood !!!!