Mice!!

SilverRhino

Ditto on the peppermint oil, been using it for a few years, no critters, knock on wood !!!!

X's 3 on the peppermint oil. Learned this years ago when my brother was storing his motohome in a field behind his house in the country. The peppermint odor is very strong, but airs out very quickly when you open up and ventilate the coach, and it is not harmful.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
X2 on DeCon.

I place a tray in the underbelly in case something gets in.
It's like rat/mouse candy and they will go for it right away. It makes them thirsty and they will usually leave to look for water. (Unless you have a leak)

If they do happen to die in the rig, they only smell for a few days. (This is not a myth, as some say)
That is because there is an ingredient in DeCon that will dry them up very quickly. Trace

Last edited:

Westwind

Poison and D-Con. I used D-Con once in my attic and they ate it and then went into the bathroom patrician where the water pipes are and died. It was winter the stunk for 4 weeks and we had to have the bathroom window open in the dead of winter. Peppermint Oil sounds like a good alternative. Right how our FW is full of dryer sheets and I have containers with holes filled with "Fox Urine" on the legs and near the tires because of the holes near the slide outs.