PDA

View Full Version : AZ Members Chat Room

Pages : [1] 2

Doublegranch
10-21-2014, 01:40 PM
A new Arizona Chapter Thread has been created as a "Chat Room". Feel free to discuss and post whatever you desire to talk about. This thread was created at some of the members request. Remember to continue to post pertinent information regarding Rally's, Meet n Greets and Campouts under each appropriate thread. The Chat Room is just that, discuss anything, share information etc.Hope you enjoy the thread.

Doublegranch
10-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Jeanne: How about posting that fabulous recipe for your smoked salmon roll.

gregattaway
10-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Goooooooooooooood Afternoon !!!

jbeletti
10-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Hello Arizona!

Doublegranch
10-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Greg: What brand of tires on your Cyclone? Are they Towmax and if so how many miles on them?
Bill: You may want to check your tires for the problem that Ron experienced on his way home.

MTPockets
10-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Don, Monica - Phil, Mary - pulled out this AM at 0800. Heading to the Elephant Butte, NM Campout. We're here in Huachuca City now all alone... (Chirp Chirp). But sure is quiet.

Doublegranch
10-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Terry & June...

Let me know if you want to have breakfast Saturday morning....Cafe Ole in Sierra Vista....

gregattaway
10-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Greg: What brand of tires on your Cyclone? Are they Towmax and if so how many miles on them?
Bill: You may want to check your tires for the problem that Ron experienced on his way home.

I had the dealer change them out to bfgoodrich commerical t/a ...
then sold all 5 blowmax at once ...

Kosanko
10-21-2014, 11:22 PM
I had the dealer change them out to bfgoodrich commerical t/a ...
then sold all 5 blowmax at once ...

Greg,

I have Blowmax on my Gateway, and after reading all of the horror stories about them,

What dealer changed out your tires and how much did you get to off set the price with the sale of the Blowmax?

JohnD
10-22-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm not in the Arizona chapter . . . but I feel like I am :o as we will be at the next Arizona rally (Quartzsite)! :cool:

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

We are counting the dayz! :p:D:cool:

Anywayzzz, I still have my BlowMaxes . . . not sure if I'll have them changed out before the Quartzsite Rally!

I was planning on replacing them next spring just before we start our 2015 camping season . . .

So far we have about 4000 miles on them and they still look like brand new!

Now, we don't have a 5th-wheel Heartland trailer, and it seems that the BlowMaxes are an issue on those and not so much on the pull-behind TT's . . .

So I think that our Arizona trip will be the last for us with the BlowMax tires.

JohnD
10-22-2014, 01:55 AM
Don, Monica - Phil, Mary - pulled out this AM at 0800. Heading to the Elephant Butte, NM Campout. We're here in Huachuca City now all alone... (Chirp Chirp). But sure is quiet.

Hey Terry & June . . .

Can't wait to see you guys again (at Quartzsite)!

And so are our campin' kitties:

Finally got the topper on the new truck a couple of weeks ago . . . it didn't arrive when it was supposed to (a week late).

Here are a couple of shots:

32558 32559

It has 3,999 miles on it right now as it sits in our driveway (according to my Onstar App) . . .

gregattaway
10-22-2014, 02:29 AM
Mark,
Actually I brought the tires I wanted at discount tire ... Could never get a price but after reading I found the "upgrade price" was (in my opinion) a joke ... I bought 5 bfgoodrish commercial t/a's ... came back home and was lucky to sell the blowmax for $50 each right away ...

Greg,

I have Blowmax on my Gateway, and after reading all of the horror stories about them,

What dealer changed out your tires and how much did you get to off set the price with the sale of the Blowmax?

gregattaway
10-22-2014, 02:49 AM
FYI, I replace my blowmax tires with MADE IN AMERICA bfgoodrich commercial t/a's ...
Below is the link to the DOT list that will tell you exactly where the tire was made and discount tire was nice enough to work with me in giving me the tire numbers first ... !!!

http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

Doublegranch
10-22-2014, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=JohnD;390030]I'm not in the Arizona chapter . . . but I feel like I am :o as we will be at the next Arizona rally (Quartzsite)! :cool:Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:We are counting the dayz! :p:D:cool:Anywayzzz, I still have my BlowMaxes . . . not sure if I'll have them changed out before the Quartzsite Rally!I was planning on replacing them next spring just before we start our 2015 camping season . . .So far we have about 4000 miles on them and they still look like brand new!Now, we don't have a 5th-wheel Heartland trailer, and it seems that the BlowMaxes are an issue on those and not so much on the pull-behind TT's . . .So I think that our Arizona trip will be the last for us with the BlowMax tires.

[John...I had Towmax on my Northtrail....One trip to Wyo and back and two were really bad. Heartland replaced them with tires of my choice. I went with Carlise from Discount tire, no more problems]

gregattaway
10-22-2014, 11:01 AM
everything i have read say "IF" you make it to 5k miles on a set of blowmax change them as you are now living on borrow time ... i'd say 4k just to be safe ... Garry, that'd be you brother ... !!!

MTPockets
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Hey Terry & June . . .

Can't wait to see you guys again (at Quartzsite)!

And so are our campin' kitties:

Finally got the topper on the new truck a couple of weeks ago . . . it didn't arrive when it was supposed to (a week late).

Here are a couple of shots:

32558 32559

It has 3,999 miles on it right now as it sits in our driveway (according to my Onstar App) . . .
John, that top looks great! Looks like a completely different truck.. It was worth the wait.

Gaffer
10-22-2014, 11:56 AM
What the heck is Arizonia Test Town?

jbeletti
10-22-2014, 12:00 PM
What the heck is Arizonia Test Town?

It's like Funky Town, yet different :)

Seriously, our Technical Admin was doing some testing as we were having issues with our Event Creator tool. I just nuked the test events.

No more Test Town, AZ.

MTPockets
10-22-2014, 12:53 PM
It's like Funky Town, yet different :)

Seriously, our Technical Admin was doing some testing as we were having issues with our Event Creator tool. I just nuked the test events.

No more Test Town, AZ.. OK, that explains why my GPS couldn't find it....

Doublegranch
10-22-2014, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=gregattaway;390086]everything i have read say "IF" you make it to 5k miles on a set of blowmax change them as you are now living on borrow time ... i'd say 4k just to be safe ... Garry, that'd be you brother ... !!!

[Greg...yep, I got 2400 miles then my new tires....by the way. I was at discount tires today having the tires balanced and rotated. Asked about the tire thread about pressure and rechecking on the road. One of the posts stated you have to compensate for barometric pressure etc....Discount said fill to max pressure cold in the morning and the tire is designed to work around all the temps and pressures....just check each morning and go ahead and drive your days trip.]

JohnD
10-23-2014, 01:40 AM
Hey Garry . . . do you still have your BlowMaxes on your trailer?

We still have our BlowMaxes, and I plan on replacing them this winter, but not sure if I'll have them replaced before the January Rally at Quartzsite.

Which means I'll be putting around 2,200 miles on them on our trip down to the rally.

I have about 4,000 miles on them now (including transport from the factory in Elkhart, Indiana), and so far they still look like brand new and have not had any issues with them, other than discovering that one of the five wheels was warped when I had all of the tires balanced last spring before we started our 2014 camping season.

(Footnote - the tires and rims are not balanced from the Heartland factory . . . I suggest you all get your trailer tires balanced as that is most likely the cause for many of the tire blowouts we read about here in the chats)

I guess we'll find out how they hold up on the pull-behind TT's vs the 5th-wheel trailers, which are the ones who seem to have the worst luck with the BlowMax tires!

Doublegranch
10-23-2014, 09:03 AM
John:

No, after one round trip from the ranch to Wyo, my tires were worn out on the inside edge, but like new on the outside. After many meausrements on the axles etc, we had a confrenence call between Dexter and Heartland. I mentioned the brochure stated radial tires, however Bias tires were placed on the trailer. Dexter stated that was the problem as their axles are designed for Radial tires only, bias has a different camper. So Heartland replaced all 5 tires of my choice. I put on Carlisle as recommended by Discount Tire. I have them rotated and balanced about every 5,000 miles. Not a problem since.

JohnD
10-23-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm looking at replacing my BlowMax tires with Firestone TransForce HT's, which is what my new truck has on it!

They seem to be awesome tires so far!

But my BlowMaxes are wearing perfect . . . and no issues after 4000 miles!

Except that when I had the tires balanced last spring just before the Mountaindale Rally at Colorado Springs, the tire shop discovered that one of my rims was warped.

Too bad I didn't discover this sooner as I probably could have gotten that rim (wheel) replaced under warranty . . .

Doublegranch
10-23-2014, 03:32 PM
John,

I am not an authority on tires, so not sure what to say. Ron left our rally last week with perfect looking tires and between the rally site and Phoenix, lost two Towmax. I think he said they had 5,000 miles but not sure.. After reading all the forum posts, I would never accept anything with those tires installed.

Doublegranch
11-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Who from the Tucson area is attending the cheerleading finals as Mark & Michelle's daughters are participants? I think Mark said they would be on around 2 pm on Sunday Nov 2....
I will be there around noon or so..

Mrsfish
11-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Looks like you, terry and June, Rick and I, and I hope Greg and Denise (and of course Mark and Michelle). Should be fun, rooting on the youngest members of our chapter!

MTPockets
11-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Looks like you, terry and June, Rick and I, and I hope Greg and Denise (and of course Mark and Michelle). Should be fun, rooting on the youngest members of our chapter!
We'll be there - Ann says on Facebook we're meeting at 2:00....

Mrsfish
11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Girls are on at 3:30ish

Doublegranch
11-03-2014, 02:42 PM
In follow up from our Inaugural Rally, I need a rough idea of how many Arizona Chapter Members are interested in having a license plate with our Chapter logo and wording. Since our state does not required front license plates, it was suggested we generate a little identity with our tow vehicles. I am sure the pricing will depend on our quantity and just need a rough idea to see if this is worth pursuing.

Also, I will be reordering our Chapter T shirts for handing out during our Quartzsite Rally. In addition, ball caps will be priced and considered for order as well. I will be sending out a system email and you can respond with your reply order. The email won't go out until we decide on the license plate idea. This is just a heads up, but do need some input on the license plate idea....

Mrsfish
11-03-2014, 05:45 PM
count us in!

Gaffer
11-04-2014, 10:02 AM
You guys are sounding a little exclusive:

ex·clu·sive (http://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifk-sklhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/oomacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifshttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifv)adj.1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 20-25, exclusive; that is, 21, 22, 23 and 24.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.

Ron-Cookie
11-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Count us in for the license plate.... Want a black shirt as well but will reply on that later...

BTW... I am now the proud owner of five Sailun S637 LT235/85R16 G rated 14 ply tires (3750#)... As some of you remember I had tire problems on my way home from our First Arizona Rally.... Tredit came to my rescue! I paid a small upgrade price and sent my Towmax tires back to them to investigate what was happening... My 5th wheel is ready to roll again thanks to Tredit!

Doublegranch
11-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Ron:

Happy you were able to get a deal on the tires! Now I don't have to worry about Cookie and Pearl's safety on the way to Quartzsite. See you soon.

Mrsfish
11-04-2014, 01:23 PM
You guys are sounding a little exclusive:

ex·clu·sive(http://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifk-sklhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/oomacr.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifshttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gifv)adj.1. Excluding or tending to exclude: exclusive barriers.
2. Not allowing something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive conditions.
3. Not divided or shared with others: exclusive publishing rights.
4. Not accompanied by others; single or sole: your exclusive function.
5. Complete; undivided: gained their exclusive attention.
6. Not including the specified extremes or limits, but only the area between them: 20-25, exclusive; that is, 21, 22, 23 and 24.
7. Excluding some or most, as from membership or participation: an exclusive club.

i sincerely hope not! i believe our objective is to have some fun and get the word out if other people are interested. Believe me, we are of 'the more, the merrier' club! Please accept our open invitation to join us at anytime :)

If you are referring to the 'Arizona Chat Room' - this was by member request as a way to communicate with each other more directly. We did not/could not create an email chain (confidentiality issues) and we tried facebook - this seems to be the best method and it's working great. We all just wanted a means to continue the unique friendships we all established in our first rally.

Doublegranch
11-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Just got the pricing for the license plates with our Chapter logo. Also the re-order pricing by quantities for our T- shirts. I will send out a chapter email for you to consider any re- orders for shirts as well if there is enough interest in the license plates. Thus far the number of responses does not cover the minimum order required for this new collateral support item. So this item may not be an option at the present time.

My thoughts are to have all orders available for the Quartzsite Rally. The Chapter will not inventory these items as that is too large of an expense for us at this time. Email to follow later today or tomorrow.

TravelTiger
11-07-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm looking at replacing my BlowMax tires with Firestone TransForce HT's, which is what my new truck has on it!

They seem to be awesome tires so far!

But my BlowMaxes are wearing perfect . . . and no issues after 4000 miles!

Except that when I had the tires balanced last spring just before the Mountaindale Rally at Colorado Springs, the tire shop discovered that one of my rims was warped.

Too bad I didn't discover this sooner as I probably could have gotten that rim (wheel) replaced under warranty . . .

John,

Heartland's rims are supplied by Tredit, and have a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublegranch
11-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Tuesday....Nov 11....I wish to express my appreciation to all my brothers who have served and those currently serving our Country through their Military Service! We all have a very special bond with each other and I thank you, each and every one! While some of our brothers have not made it back alive from the battlefield, just know we owe them a major debt of gratitude as well. Enjoy this special day and remember to reflect on our elite group we all belong too.

1st of 7th Cav, infantry, Viet Nam 67-68

Garry

gwalter
11-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Garry, a BIG Thank You to you and all who have served and are still serving.

Gregg

Kosanko
11-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Garry,

Count us in for a license plate and two black shirts, and maybe a ball cap if you can find someone to put our chapter logo on it.

gregattaway
11-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Garry,

I still want the black shirt (L) and we'll take one license plate holder too.

Let me know the total price before we drive out to Quartzsite Rally ...

TY !!!

gregattaway
11-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Anyone else run into these problems and if yes how were they fixed:

#1. We just used our new Cyclone in a non dumb situation (no on site dump station) ...
We have 2 grey waters (one for laundry) ...
I am always checking the levels when suddenly grey 2 (laundry) shows full ... FYI, We have no washer ...
Next we see water on the floor and the carpet is soaking wet and leaking water on the tires ...
I shut off out side water and after a while all leaks stop ...
I can only guess once again the makers installers forgot to seal the pipes and allowed the fresh water intake to overflow the grey 2 as this is now the 2nd different water leak found ...

#2. Using "over the air" tv antenna for the first time, we found when you have the main unit on and then turn on the bedroom it kills both tv's antenna reception ... yes we has the booster on too ...

needless to say back to la mesa rv tucson for more repairs ...

TY !!!

PS: spare tire tried to unscrew itself and fall off again (2nd time) so they ordered a new spare tire holder ...

danemayer
11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
installers forgot to seal the pipes and allowed the fresh water intake to overflow the grey 2
Hi Greg,

It's possible for city water to back-feed through the pump, or perhaps through the 4-way valve and overfill the fresh tank. That could cause water to come out of the overflow fitting which is usually located along the frame, near the main entry steps.

It's harder to understand how city water could get into a gray tank without going through a sink or shower drain.

Do you have an outside kitchen?

gregattaway
11-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Greg,

It's possible for city water to back-feed through the pump, or perhaps through the 4-way valve and overfill the fresh tank. That could cause water to come out of the overflow fitting which is usually located along the frame, near the main entry steps.

It's harder to understand how city water could get into a gray tank without going through a sink or shower drain.

Do you have an outside kitchen?

No outside kitchen ...

Water was dripping from above and back of the duels on the flush side ...

Grey 2 is "only" for the washer drain and we have no washer so it was never in use ...

that are going to try and dup the conditions I explained so hopefully it will happen again so it can get fixed ...

bikerdude2k
11-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Hey all,

I remember at the last rally i went to one of you (cant remember who) was telling me about blowmax's. Well i should have listened had one blow on the way to phoenix and rip a whole in my floor, rip out all my gas lines, bend my right rear body panel, and damage my furnace box which had to be replaced. Its all back together now but im gonna be changing tires a little more often and switched to a better tire. the ones on it where load range d and now i have load range e hopefully they hold up better!

-Ryan

bikerdude2k
11-19-2014, 04:28 PM
is there a place on the forum where i can see the complete list of whos going to the quartzite rally?

JohnD
11-19-2014, 05:19 PM
is there a place on the forum where i can see the complete list of whos going to the quartzite rally?

Yup!

https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/44974-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-Quartzsite-AZ-Brenda-Salome-1-21-2015-to-1-25-2015

Doublegranch
11-19-2014, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=bikerdude2k;394103]is there a place on the forum where i can see the complete list of whos going to the quartzite rally?

[Ryan...Go to the very first posting on the Quartzsite Rally thread for Rally details & attendees

]

Lynn1130
11-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Greg,
Concerning your gray tanks. Unless things have changed the shower and the bathroom sink go into one tank and the kitchen and washer go into another. I cannot recall which goes to which (gray 1or 2). It is possible that you have a bad valve or pump but depending upon the amount of water you used with one or the other this could have filled that one up. If shutting off the outside water stopped the leaks it very well could be a valve or pump.

The TV situation is a normal problem and if you do a search on the site you will see some fixes.

chiefaret
11-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Bikerdude2, What tire did you put on? Getting ready to change tires and my head is spinning with the st vs lt tire posts. Had kind of decided on Maxxis but the availability is so limited if there is a problem may have to wait for replacement. Discount, a Maxxis dealer, recommended the new Carlisle. Still in limbo and wonder what to do.

Doublegranch
11-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Steve:

I replaced my towmax with the Carsile tires at Discount...went up on the rating and they are wonderful....Rotate and balance them every 5,000 miles...no ware marks after 2 years.

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
11-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all

MTPockets
11-22-2014, 11:35 AM
happy thanksgiving to all
Same to all!... Don 't over eat.. LOL ... We're flying to Indiana today for 10 days with family. Terry & June

chiefaret
11-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks Gary. None of the dealers I looked at had the Maxxis in stock, and the Discount guys were high on the Carlisle, so maybe that is the way I will go. They also had the E rated in stock which is up from the D's on the rig. Guess I'll take the plunge and quit fretting over it.

JohnD
11-22-2014, 11:32 PM
I am considering the Firestone Transforce HT's for my Trail Runner.

My new truck has them, and so far they have been awesome!

gregattaway
11-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Greg,
Concerning your gray tanks. Unless things have changed the shower and the bathroom sink go into one tank and the kitchen and washer go into another. I cannot recall which goes to which (gray 1or 2). It is possible that you have a bad valve or pump but depending upon the amount of water you used with one or the other this could have filled that one up. If shutting off the outside water stopped the leaks it very well could be a valve or pump.

The TV situation is a normal problem and if you do a search on the site you will see some fixes.

I think the fresh water valve overflowed into the grey 2 tank ...

dealers said "only" our rig had a auto leveling grey water system and that caused grey 2 to fill ... what ???

thank you and i'll search on the TV problem ...

chiefaret
12-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Well I took the leap today. With all the searches and investigation on tires, I had decided on Maxxis ST tires. I thought the G614 was overkill on my tow behind, but after considerable discussion with the folks at Discount, jumped in and went with Michelin XPS ribs which is a LT tire. Lots of good reviews. Had to buy rims as well which made the pucker factor even greater. But no buyers remorse, just a bit lighter in the wallet. Wanted to get the blowmax off there before heading to Brenda in Jan.

Doublegranch
12-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Steve:
Congrats on the new wheels.....I know you will be happy and no more looking over your shoulder for when the towmax will blow...

See you both next month..

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
12-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all!

MTPockets
12-23-2014, 07:37 PM
A very Merry Christmas to everyone!

JohnD
12-24-2014, 12:40 AM
I posted this elsewhere in the forums here . . . but I'll share it again with youz guyz:

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

http://musicdoctordj.com/Santa.jpg

Only three weeks away before we head out for Quartzsite!

Grey Ghost
12-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Merry Christmas to All & may you all have a wonderful New Year! ;-)

Ron-Cookie
12-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Merry Christmas.. See you all at the Quartsite Rally...

Doublegranch
01-25-2015, 10:16 PM
1/25/2015 Posting

Arizona Chapter Oct Rally.....

As we all discussed in Quartzsite, subject to a site inspection, our Fall Rally will be at Distant Drum RV Resort in Camp Verde. They are really wanting to work with us . Three of us will be conducting a site inspection either the end of this week or early next week. Rick and I will travel together and Jeanne will meet us there for the inspection and lunch. I will get this Rally posted as soon as we return. The tentative dates will be Oct 8-11, 2015. Bob and Dorthy from the Colo Chapter gave me a great testimonial Sunday as we all were leaving Quartzsite and they loved their stay last year. They may even try to attend this Rally with us.

2016...Feburary 23-28....
These are the dates for our Winter 2016 Rally. It will be held at the Lazy Days RV Resort in Tucson and in conjunction with the Rodeo week this great city celebrates. The Rodeo lasts for 7 days and it is so popular that the schools are always out for two days to allow everyone to attend. At the present time I have 25 spaces blocked, however based on the positive response from all the Quartzsite attendees wanting to attend this Rally, I will attempt to increase it to 30 this week. The Pricing has not be finalized and once confirmed, this Rally will be posted. As we did with the Quartzsite Rally allowing ample time for everyone to have the opportunity to obtain a reservation.
Stay tuned and leave your comments...I will follow up with emails since not all members use the website as frequently as we post issues.

Doublegranch
01-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Arizona Chapter Fall Rally Oct 7-11.....

Rick, Jeanne and myself will be traveling up to Camp Verde Thursday morning for a site inspection and lunch. I have blocked the space and waiting for Heartland to approve the dates before I can post them...

Tentative for now, but once approved, here are some details......
The RV Resort has another group that has taken over the Rec room so I have worked out they give us a complimentary site for all our activities next to my RV. The Price will be $31 a night plus tax....This will be a Wed - Sun Rally since it is a little longer drive for a few members..
I have blocked 25 RV Spaces...All bookings will come through me via the Rally Thread... You will not call the Rv Resort for space. I will control all RSVP and no payment is required until I release the name list to the Resort and then you will need to call the Resort for payment. This is the same as we did in Quartzsite.
We could have changed the Rally for the following week and had the rec room, but I think several stated in Quartzsite the first two weeks in Oct was the best time. Also this will give us a chance to use the function site on our activities and work out any details before the Big Rally for the Tucson Rodeo, in which we will have the same set up.

Look for the Rally to be posted by the weeks end....and PLEASE SIGN UP EARLY....

Doublegranch
02-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Arizona Chapter One Year Anniversary!!!!

Happy Anniversary Arizona Chapter Members!!!....Yes it's been one year this month that our little chapter was formed....

Our growth has been exciting, from zero to now 40 RV's for a total of 77 members and 8 Chapter Children....

WOW....You guys are great and it's your loving Spirit and wanting to help others that makes this a success...

Thank you to all our Chapter members...and Thank you to all the Heartland Members who have welcomed us and participated in our Events....

MTPockets
02-22-2015, 09:01 PM
What a great group, we're proud to be a part!

Ron-Cookie
02-23-2015, 01:52 AM
No kidding! Our Chapter is the best!

Doublegranch
02-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Quartzsite Camp-out Jan 21 -24 2016

Hey everyone, I just posted our camp-out as we discussed during our Meet n Greet in Phoenix Feb 21st. I have reserved 15 sites together and we can expand if needed.
Make your RSVP on the Camp-out Thread. We will hold this event for a Thursday arrival and Sunday Departure, as our major Rally will be in Feb for the Tucson Rodeo.
We are almost sold out on the Tucson Rally, but I am able to expand our block.
We will continue to expand our Quartzsite awareness each year and hope our fellow Heartland members & Snowbirds will join us in our planned Arizona Chapter Events.
Everyone is welcome to join in the fun and meet some great people!!!
See you there!

Doublegranch
03-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Questions this morning was when will the Arizona Chapter Picture threads be available??.....Hum....I will say soon....I have been dragging my feet a little on this project with all the activities we have and are planning....But I promise, I will start working on this project soon.....

JohnD
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Questions this morning was when will the Arizona Chapter Picture threads be available??.....Hum....I will say soon....I have been dragging my feet a little on this project with all the activities we have and are planning....But I promise, I will start working on this project soon.....

I'll get you the Quartzsite photos soon . . .

Email me your mailing address and I'll send you a jump drive or DVD with the photos.

Or I can just post them online . . .

Whatever is easiest!

Doublegranch
03-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Just Born!!!! Dakota's little sister was just born yesterday during the Havasu site selection..... 8 puppies in all, 5 Merle and 3 Black Tri....
Pending a vet check, I will be driving back to Texas in 8 weeks to select Dakota's sister. As most of you know Dakota was crippled from a horse and while has many more years of life and service for me, this new little gal will be eventually trained by Soldiers Best Friend at Fort Huachuca for the day when Dakota may elect to retire from her duties and just be a sidekick without working.
Here are the pictures.....Have any favorites....it must be a female....2 Merle females and 1 black tri female.

Mrsfish
03-05-2015, 07:05 PM
They are so cute. I'm excited to see her. don't forget the wedding on May 14 th when making your plans ;)

Doublegranch
03-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Ann, I am not getting married, just picking up a puppy!!!!!!!!

I will be there.....

jwcox
03-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Hard to decide at this point, but the one in front that looks like a tri-color is nice

Gordonandbetty
03-06-2015, 02:03 PM
They are all adorable. Be hard to choose just one

lndinaz
03-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out how to post a question regarding satelite connections in our 2014 Sundance 285 XLT. The coax connections both in the docking station and in the entertainment center are not marked.

Dennis

jimtoo
03-06-2015, 05:32 PM
Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of the others will jump in soon with some help for you. You might go to the Satellite area of the forum (//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/542-Satellite-Systems) and post your question. It always helps to post in the area your looking for information about.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

Doublegranch
03-06-2015, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=lndinaz;409502]Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out how to post a question regarding satelite connections in our 2014 Sundance 285 XLT. The coax connections both in the docking station and in the entertainment center are not marked.

Dennis

Dennis....We have a few members in the Arizona Chapter with Sundance RV's...I will have Ron make a posting to help you out...Meanwhile I sent you a PM, Let me know if I can help....]

MKK
03-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Garry,

It is hard to choose because they all are beautiful!

Ron-Cookie
03-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Thanks, right now I'm trying to figure out how to post a question regarding satelite connections in our 2014 Sundance 285 XLT. The coax connections both in the docking station and in the entertainment center are not marked.

Dennis

Hi Dennis.... Sorry for the delay I was out and about... I have a 2013 Sundance 3000MK and my satellite connection is the second one in from the opening (front) of the docking station and also the second one in from the front in the entertainment area... Make sure you turn OFF the antenna booster or no satellite data will come through to your tuner... I use HDMI from my Dish tuner to the TV... Hope this helps...

lndinaz
03-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks, I'll give that combo a try. We were in Anza Borrego SP a week ago and could not get a signal. Good thing we had a bunch of stuff DVR'd.

Ron-Cookie
03-11-2015, 09:28 PM
It has been 6 days since anything has been written in this thread... I just thought I would make it active again...

I have been modifying my Sundance bedroom today,,, Putting in a Sleep Number bed... Should complete the job in the next day or so... Had one in the house for the past 10 years so it is about time I put on in the 5th wheel..

Hey does anyone know of a reputable place to get the bearings repacked in the Phoenix area? Don't know if I trust the "Big Box" RV places..

Doublegranch
03-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Ron:

I just had my North Trail bearings repacked last week. Went to a local auto shop and cost was only $120 for all 4 wheel. La Mesa wanted $380 for the same service. You have to have a small auto shop in your area....I pulled in, stayed hooked up and they just jacked up one side at a time. Took them about an hour.
Good luck...

JohnD
03-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Sun City RV in Sun City (Phoenix) on Grande Ave. hooked us up right when we had to have all of that axle and wheel bearing work done on our way to Quartzsite back in January!

35211 35210

They were awesome!

8amps
03-18-2015, 12:11 PM
We are Tempe trying to sort out an issue with our landing gear. But despite that, we are having a great time in Arizona, our adopted chapter. :) We spent a week in Tucson at the Escapees Escapade Rally which was great (but exhausting!) and got the chance to catch up with a few of our Arizona chapter friends. It was great seeing you all! We had our rig weighed by Smart Weigh and we were underweight in all areas! Woo hoo! We weighed the rig before we left Colorado and knew we had room to work with but 1) that was before we loaded all our "stuff" when we hit the road in October and 2) it was on a truck scale so it was just each axle and not each tire so we didn't know if we were overloaded on one side.

I have been saying that since we left Colorado, we haven't spent even one full day at the rig getting things squared away that really needed it and that I really wanted to take some time to do things around the rig. We have been having fun seeing the sights and seeing old friends and meeting new ones wherever we go. So be careful what you wish for!!! The landing gear obliged us to stay put for a minute. Even still, we managed some fun. Last night, Bill and Jo from the AZ Chapter took us to the Elks club for a St. Patty's Day dinner and brief tour of the area.

We will be here for at least a week, today I think we might go catch a Spring Training Game, Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres if we can get the truck unhitched (due to landing gear issue) or we can figure a train, etc. to get to the game.

8amps
03-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Oh my gosh, how could I forget!!!! We had an awesome weekend camping with the Kosankos at our first ever Nascar Race!!! Thanks for coming with us, we had a blast with you all!

Doublegranch
03-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Phil & Mary:
Happy you are enjoying our great state! It was good seeing you both at the BBQ. Per Phil, I have included you in our Havasu Balloon Festival Rally....Let me know if anything changes...Safe Travel.

Doublegranch
03-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Here is a few updated pictures of Dakota's new sister....Cheyenne...She is only 2 1/2 weeks old and we will go back to Big Sandy TX to pick her up on April 23 (8 Weeks old)

TravelTiger
03-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Here is a few updated pictures of Dakota's new sister....Cheyenne...She is only 2 1/2 weeks old and we will go back to Big Sandy TX to pick her up on April 23 (8 Weeks old)

Gary, will you be pulling the NT to go get her? She's precious! Give us a heads up on your route through Texas, maybe we can meet.

Doublegranch
03-21-2015, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=TravelTiger;412165]Gary, will you be pulling the NT to go get her? She's precious! Give us a heads up on your route through Texas, maybe we can meet.

[Wow that is very nice of you....With my PTSD I can go days without sleep, so this will be a marathon driving as it was when I picked up Dakota from the same breeder. I would love to stop for a meet with you....I will PM you with my Cell number and we can plan a meet on the way out or way back. Where are you located? I will be taking I 20 once into Texas. Thanks for the offer Garry & Dakota..]

TravelTiger
03-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Cool! Just sent you an email reply.

jwcox
04-02-2015, 08:15 PM
How could you not fall in love with that beautiful face?! Even at eight weeks Cheyenne will miss her past environment and hopefully will adjust quickly to Garry and Dakota. Can't wait to meet her.

Ron-Cookie
04-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey do any of you travel with a cat? We have decided to try traveling with our M'Now.. Our first adventure will be the Meet-N-Greet in April.. We want to try it out before our trip to Goshen this summer.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doublegranch
04-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Ron:

JohnD and Cathy travel with several cats and no problems to my knowledge. We also have someone else and not sure if it is Greg.....I would not see any problems either keeping M-Now in the truck with you or leaving him in the RV while traveling...as long as the heat isn't too great. At one of our Rally's I saw where they cut a cat hole in the steps to allow them to go into the basement. Then had a screen type of material when the basement doors were open the cats could enjoy the fresh air. The cat box was kept there and no smell in the trailer....just another idea.....

JohnD
04-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Hey do any of you travel with a cat? We have decided to try traveling with our M'Now.. Our first adventure will be the Meet-N-Greet in April.. We want to try it out before our trip to Goshen this summer.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We generally take three of our seven cats with us when camping.

Two of them sleep in a large cat carrier while in the truck, while Rusty (the orange kitty in the shot below) likes to sit on the arm rest between the two front seats and hangs out there during the whole trip!

Whenever we stop for gas, we usually put them in the trailer for a few minutes so they can get a drink and use the cat pan.

We've thought about leaving them in the trailer while going down the road, but not sure how they would get along with the bouncing around back there.

35762 35763 35764 35765

Doublegranch
04-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Cheyenne....8 weeks old next Wed...Here are her latest pictures.. We pick her up next Wed in Big Sandy TX.
Wow she really is beautiful and somewhat of a little houdini as she is able to climb a chain link fence to get out and
be with everyone....

VKTalley
04-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Cheyenne....8 weeks old next Wed...Here are her latest pictures.. We pick her up next Wed in Big Sandy TX.
Wow she really is beautiful and somewhat of a little houdini as she is able to climb a chain link fence to get out and
be with everyone....

Garry, Can't wait to meet this special puppy of yours! She looks adorable!

Doublegranch
04-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Valerie: Thanks...she will be with us at Goshen, you will get to meet her there.
It will be interesting on how Dakota reacts to her...it's been only her and Me for 7 years....

VKTalley
04-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Valerie: Thanks...she will be with us at Goshen, you will get to meet her there.
It will be interesting on how Dakota reacts to her...it's been only her and Me for 7 years....

That will be interesting! Looking forward to seeing all y'all in Goshen. When will you be arriving?

Doublegranch
04-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Val: There are 7 of us arriving the first day of the Rally... Staying in the South end....

Let me know where you guys are staying..but we will see you at the activities....

Doublegranch
04-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey you Dakota Lovers......Cheyenne has arrived at the Ranch....after our 17 hour one way drive to pick her up...
Adjusting well and even Dakota has started to play and watch over her some...
Here is her first day in the front courtyard... and on the last picture...Dakota is trying to tell her "Nursing" is not an option!

gwalter
04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
She is a good looking lady. Here's hoping she does not chew everything in the house like our new addition, Gunnar.

Doublegranch
04-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Gregg & Linda...wow Gunnar is really a nice puppy...Yes chewing will be a problem throughout her baby teeth stage...she is trying out her bite on Dakota with semi patience!!! Can't wait to see you guys again.....We are going to have some fun times.

Gordonandbetty
04-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Cute. Look forward to meeting her

VKTalley
05-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Val: There are 7 of us arriving the first day of the Rally... Staying in the South end....

Let me know where you guys are staying..but we will see you at the activities....

Garry, I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to reply! I needed to get the info from Malcolm as he is the one who did the sign up. We are in Northwest #448. You will probably see us from time to time as Malcolm is the official photographer for the rally and I will be helping him. :)

Doublegranch
05-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Val....thanks for the Info...we will be sure to stop by for a glass of "milk & cookies"....
We will arrive one day early if all goes well....

VKTalley
05-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Val....thanks for the Info...we will be sure to stop by for a glass of "milk & cookies"....
We will arrive one day early if all goes well....

Definitely stop by! I'll give you a tour of our new BC3950FB!

Doublegranch
06-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Curious...Is it True? DOT is considering in next two years requiring a CDL for all 5th wheels & motor homes over 10,000 lbs. This allegedly will be a National Policy and not state by state. I had a contractor at the ranch today telling me about the new proposed rules. Also if you use your vehicle for any commercial use, you will need a dot number on the side...he said this would even apply if you sold Avon out of your car....

Prior to today, I was not aware of this proposed change and have not read anything about it.....Anyone have any reliable information on this? I think such a rule would kill the RV business and don't see how it could pass. Anyone with a CDL on blood pressure meds, would have to take a physical every 6 months at a cost of $125 per visit.

cookie
06-01-2015, 06:17 PM
2015 CDL changes.
https://www.interstatemc.com/2014/11/18/timeline-5-new-rules-regulations-coming-2015-commercial-driver-licenses-cdl/

Peace
Dave

danemayer
06-01-2015, 06:22 PM
You can search for rules and proposed rules at this link (http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/search/rulemaking?keyword=RV&dt=&topic=). I didn't find anything about proposed rules affecting RVs.

Doublegranch
06-01-2015, 06:50 PM
I looked at both links and could not find anything....I googled the topic and saw where the RV industry was approved CDL exemption for 2 years for drivers delivering the RV's from the factory to the dealers, RV shows.
Thanks for the links....

VKTalley
06-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Hi Garry! It's countdown time! Can't wait to see all my Arizona Chapter friends in Goshen. In cas you missed the forum thread, Malcolm and I are hosting a regional beer tasting get together at our campsite on Thursday night of rally week. I'm inviting all of you who want to come to come join us!

Where: North American Heartland Owners Club Rally
Site: Northwest 448
Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2015 (the free evening during the rally)
Time: 6:30 PM

Gordonandbetty
06-01-2015, 11:00 PM
I looked at them also and did more research and could not find anything.

betty

Doublegranch
06-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Thanks Val....I did catch your original post.....We take off a week from Friday....Can't wait...

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
06-07-2015, 07:35 AM
Change The Color Of Your Outdoor Fire Posted July 4th, 2014
http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/wp-content/themes/napoleon-fireplaces-2011/images/share-knowledge.png

http://napoleonfireplaces.com/wp-content/uploads/red-flames.jpg
Here’s a fun idea for the whole family! Create a festive fire pit with pinecones and change the color of your outdoor fire. This can be done on any special occasion. For an everyday basic fire, most are happy with the traditional cheery orange and yellow glow of a flame. But, why not make a spectacle out of it? Pinecones are the simplest way to achieve the look you’re going for. This is only to be used outdoors and on wood burning fires, but it is a great way to add a festive aura to your evening outside. To learn how to make fire color changing pinecones, read on!
Please remember to exercise the utmost caution and care when working with open fire, fire pits and chemicals. Always use and wear protective gear and follow all government issued fire bans and warnings before lighting a fire.
Pick ‘n’ Prep Your Cones Start the process by going on an adventure. Hunt your nearest wooded area for the prettiest pinecones. If you’re not in an area where there are pinecones readily available, have no fear. They are also sold at your local craft or hobby store.
http://napoleonfireplaces.com/wp-content/uploads/purple-flames.jpg
Treat Your Cones! Set the temperature of your oven to a low 150 – 200°F. Place the pinecones that you picked from the woods onto a tray lined with tinfoil. Bake on low heat for 60 minutes, checking periodically. This dries up the bugs and sap, opening the pinecones so that they will hold your flame colorants. You do not need to do this to the ones that you bought from a store.
While the cones are baking, gather these items:

1 large bucket
Tongs
Rubber Gloves
Your flame colorant
Please use caution while preparing these, some may be harmful to skin, or when ingested.

Table salt – for yellow flames
Borax – for yellow-green flames
Epsom Salt – for white flames
Boric Acid – for green flames, this can be found in the first aid isle at most drug stores (even Wal-Mart) but you may need to ask.
Strontium chloride – for red flames, this can be found at aquarium supply stores, ask for Marine Buffer or Calcium Reactor.
Potassium Chloride – for purple flames, available where you get water softener products.

http://napoleonfireplaces.com/wp-content/uploads/green-flames.jpg
The Final Step With all your supplies handy, pour ½ gallon (1.9 liters, or 2 quarts) of hot water into your bucket. Add 1 cup of the colorant of your choice, and stir. Add the cones to the mix, and make sure they’re covered by the solution. Soak these for 8 hours or overnight in a safe place where people and pets can’t get to them. When done, use the tongs to place the cones on a sheet of newspaper and place them outside to dry (it’s faster). It’s best to do this right after they’re done soaking. You can do other colors for your fires too, but make sure to use a different bucket, or completely wash and dry the bucket between colors.
Now they’re ready! Place them in the fire (one at a time) and watch the pretty flames change before your eyes.

Use Caution:

These are intended for outdoor wood burning fireplaces and pits, not for gas or propane operated devices of any kind. Please do this outdoors and in a well-ventilated area.
Please be very careful when handling ANY household chemicals. Although they aren’t industrial strength, they still can be harmful to children and pets.
DO NOT mix the colors in a single batch, or while burning. Always use caution when near an open flame; chemicals can react! Place the cones on the fire yourself, do not allow children to do this.
This is for fun and recreation ONLY. Please cook marshmallows, hot dogs or any other food on a REGULAR wood burning fire.
Remember this is meant for an outdoor wood burning fire only – a great addition while celebrating.

jwcox
06-12-2015, 12:02 PM
If anyone needs pine cones let me know I will collect some from my yard

JohnD
06-12-2015, 12:07 PM
We have a pine cone machine in our front yard as well (you can see it in my sig photo below) . . .

I can bring some to Tucson if anyone is interested!

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler
06-20-2015, 08:32 PM
:o Happy Father`s Day to all

kirkules
07-19-2015, 05:07 PM
Hello from Ripley Ontario .
We are looking at Arizona for a winter getaway ,,
Any suggestions ??
We Have a 2015 4200 cyclone toy hauler (44ft) .
Looking for some ATV places ect ..
And not 55 and Marley weighs more than a case of Corona ??
Looked at River lodge Parker ..
Islander
Sams beachcomber
Its like going to a restaurant with 150 items .Do not know what to try !!!!
Thanks in advance

Doublegranch
07-19-2015, 05:40 PM
A super resort is Distant drums in Camp Verde....Hundreds of miles of Atv trails next to the park. We are having a rally in Oct there....you can ride your atv from the resort to Prescott.

Doublegranch
08-09-2015, 07:54 PM
First batch of ladies arrived this afternoon...Making themselves at home and looking for a bull....
I will need to watch that my neighbors bull doesn't jump the fence...as these gals will cycle every 18 days.

gwalter
08-09-2015, 08:26 PM
The grass is nice and green. That is probably what the bull would be after.

Doublegranch
08-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Gregg:

Really?....lol

gwalter
08-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Isn't the grass always greener on the other side of the fence? [emoji243]

Doublegranch
08-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Well, that is what they say! However if I was a bull, it wouldn't be grass in the middle of a herd of Heifers, I would be eyeing.

Doublegranch
08-18-2015, 11:25 AM
Rumor mill.....
Terry....It was suggested that we all caravan back from the Colo Rally to the Camp Verde Rally
and you might have had a slip of the tongue about "my new Ram may not be able to keep up with your Ford"
Hum....I can't believe you of all people would have expressed that comment...Perhaps we need to discuss this over a shot of fireball in Colo....

MTPockets
08-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Rumor mill.....
Terry....It was suggested that we all caravan back from the Colo Rally to the Camp Verde Rally
and you might have had a slip of the tongue about "my new Ram may not be able to keep up with your Ford"
Hum....I can't believe you of all people would have expressed that comment...Perhaps we need to discuss this over a shot of fireball in Colo..... That's embarrassing! It was a slip of the tongue and I submit my sincerest apologies... When I said your Ram "may" not be able to keep up, I meant you "will" not be able to keep up.. Again, so sorry........ And, I'm good for the Fireball.

Doublegranch
08-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Well now you know I have to break it in before I try to keep up with your Ford guys....What do they say 500 miles? Well if so, It will be ready to go by the time we all come back....
Ann suggested that if I drive between you and Rick "the two fords" I may be able to draft my way to keep up.....hum...that is just insulting..

MTPockets
08-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Well now you know I have to break it in before I try to keep up with your Ford guys....What do they say 500 miles? Well if so, It will be ready to go by the time we all come back....
Ann suggested that if I drive between you and Rick "the two fords" I may be able to draft my way to keep up.....hum...that is just insulting..
That is insulting.. There are other solutions: you could leave a day early, or we could pull off and wait every six miles, or one of us could double tow your trailer so you would be empty... See, there are ways around the drafting...

Doublegranch
08-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Terry...you are on a roll today!
We will have to see first hand....

By the way, as of last night it was still on the Rail car in Phoenix and not yet off loaded....I am hoping for a Thursday pick up at the dealer...but that may be the "FireBall" talking....

JohnD
08-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Did somebody say . . . FIREBALL ? ? ? :o

Doublegranch
08-18-2015, 03:52 PM
John:

Sorry, I need to be good until Oct 1st....my agent orange has kicked in and no alcohol since Mountaindale...
But I will be ready in time for our Wine Tasting Party at Camp Verde....

chiefaret
08-18-2015, 09:48 PM
John:

Sorry, I need to be good until Oct 1st....my agent orange has kicked in and no alcohol since Mountaindale...
But I will be ready in time for our Wine Tasting Party at Camp Verde....

It is true, he wouldn't drink with us in Williams.

cookie
08-26-2015, 08:46 AM
I want to remind everyone that there are specific forums for questions about your rig and related items.
Please post those questions in their respective forum.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets
08-26-2015, 09:00 AM
I want to remind everyone that there are specific forums for questions about your rig and related items.
Please post those questions in their respective forum.

Peace
Dave
??????

cookie
08-26-2015, 09:01 AM
??????
Posts have been moved to the proper forums.

Peace
Dave

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Dave:

Is there a set of rules for members to read on posting? I have never seen such a document! The AZ Chat Room was designed for the members to be able to discuss topics within. How fine of a detail are we looking at here? The mention of tires for a rig constitutes moving this post to where? You don't mention where you moved it?
A little help here would certainly help the members understand what it going on and where to find information that has been moved.

JohnD
08-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Dave:

Is there a set of rules for members to read on posting? I have never seen such a document! The AZ Chat Room was designed for the members to be able to discuss topics within. How fine of a detail are we looking at here? The mention of tires for a rig constitutes moving this post to where? You don't mention where you moved it?
A little help here would certainly help the members understand what it going on and where to find information that has been moved.

For once something happened that attracted the mods attention . . .

And I wasn't involved! :o:p:rolleyes:

Or was I . . . :confused:

cookie
08-26-2015, 09:42 AM
HERE (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54406-Replacement-Tires) is the most recent post that I moved. Into the Tires and Wheels (For RV's) forum.
Is there a specific set of rules? No. Guidelines? Yes.

The bulletin board as a whole contains various categories (broad subject areas), which themselves contain forums (more specific subject areas) which contain threads (conversations on a topic) which are made up of individual posts (where a user writes something).
Emphasis on (more specific subject areas).

Guidelines can be found here (https://www.heartlandowners.org/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_forums_threads _posts).

We strive to keep content relevant to the subject matter. Things get difficult to find when they are scattered all over the place. Kinda like just throwing silverware in the drawer. We like to keep the forks with the forks and spoons with spoons.

Somewhere in the futures there will be some forum changes and this will be better spelled out.

Sorry for the confusion, but this is how we will organize.

Peace
Dave

cookie
08-26-2015, 09:44 AM
And I wasn't involved! :o:p:rolleyes:

Or was I . . . :confused:
I know your involved somehow, I'll come up with something.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo
08-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Forum rules (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15474-Forum-Mission-Statement-amp-Terms-of-Use-Policy-udpated-6-APR-2010). See rule #5.

MTPockets
08-26-2015, 09:47 AM
So, the title of this post is AZ chat room.. If we chat about tires it get moved? What topics can we chat with other AZ members and not get removed?

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 10:23 AM
Forum rules (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15474-Forum-Mission-Statement-amp-Terms-of-Use-Policy-udpated-6-APR-2010). See rule #5.

[ I must be missing something or showing my ignorance as Where do you find Rule 5?]

cookie
08-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Follow the link that Jimtoo provided.

5. Follow Forum Posting Protocol: To insure a prompt and quality response to your question or comment, you must post it to the proper forum.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets
08-26-2015, 11:12 AM

5. Follow Forum Posting Protocol: To insure a prompt and quality response to your question or comment, you must post it to the proper forum.

Peace
Dave. I Understand this, but since the thread title is AZ members chat room, is it wrong to assume any question about anything would be directed to AZ members?

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 11:19 AM

Peace
Dave

[Not trying to create an argument...but I would like to be able to send out a Regional Email and help the members understand why selected posts are moved. So I see your "Rule 5" you posted, but where does an HOC member go to review these "Rules". I have not found anything on the Forum which shows were these "Rules" are located. Imagine for a moment, a new HOC member for the first time, has not had any doctrine as to how the Forum works and has to have what I call "Baptism by Fire" and learns as they go along. Help these people out, by showing where they may go to search, read and understand these things! You guys know them by heart, but the majority of the HOC members have not a clue!]

MTPockets
08-26-2015, 11:34 AM
[Not trying to create an argument...but I would like to be able to send out a Regional Email and help the members understand why selected posts are moved. So I see your "Rule 5" you posted, but where does an HOC member go to review these "Rules". I have not found anything on the Forum which shows were these "Rules" are located. Imagine for a moment, a new HOC member for the first time, has not had any doctrine as to how the Forum works and has to have what I call "Baptism by Fire" and learns as they go along. Help these people out, by showing where they may go to search, read and understand these things! You guys know them by heart, but the majority of the HOC members have not a clue!]
I found it by selecting Forum Home, then Forum Info, there are the Forum rules

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Terry:

Thank you! I looked there but didn't see it....I will read them over and send out a regional email to help the members for future posting.

Gaffer
08-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Maybe you should move your conversations to Facebook if you don't want to post in the community forums.

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Maybe you should move your conversations to Facebook if you don't want to post in the community forums.

[You missed the entire point of my questions. It is not a desire to not post on the forum, it is an understanding of where to post the different topics from the HOC members. Using Facebook does nothing in my opinion for helping out the HOC Community and camaraderie we have on the forum. ]

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 06:46 PM
2016 3500 Ram finally showed up! After siting on a Rail car to be off loaded in Phoenix since the 18th, the dealer received my new truck this afternoon and will detail it and have it for my arrival in the morning.
I couldn't wait and went out to see it...wow what a beauty! It has things I didn't remember..I guess now Ram has their own version of On star so on the mirror are buttons for emergency, roadside assist and to make a phone call, separate from the U connect blue tooth with your cell phone. Really cool. I will take a picture tomorrow and make a posting after I get tired of driving it around....
Oh, I should mention, this is the "Girls" truck, Dakota & Cheyenne, I just get to drive them around.

MTPockets
08-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Garry!.... Nice! Can't wait to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody clarify for me... Are we, or are we not to have a conversation thread for AZ group? How is it different from a thread discussion on any other topic or event thread? Although this thread was titled to attract AZ MEMBERS, anyone can/do participate. Still confused on what can or can not be placed here. Just asking... PS; Hoping this sideline topic from moving posts doesn't put a damper on participation here.

gwalter
08-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Sounds great, looking forward to checking it out at Central City.

Ron-Cookie
08-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Did the girls test you to make sure you can drive the new wheels?

Doublegranch
08-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Ron:

They will not allow me to get behind the wheel until I write that CHECK tomorrow! Then it's free game for them!
I have to say just looking at it and sitting inside, I was very impressed, now for the test drive tomorrow!
I have a feeling they will be a little upset when the front bucket seat will become off limits to them as they have the
entire back mega cab for a bed as "their" space.

Gaffer
08-27-2015, 01:53 PM
[You missed the entire point of my questions. It is not a desire to not post on the forum, it is an understanding of where to post the different topics from the HOC members. Using Facebook does nothing in my opinion for helping out the HOC Community and camaraderie we have on the forum. ]

No offense intended. I know there are other HOC groups, chapters and / or regions that use Facebook, yahoo groups and the like. I thought that might work for you.

Doublegranch
08-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, Picked up the 2016 3500 Ram today!!! Wow, what a nice ride. I put my 55 gal aux fuel tank in and all hooked up. Put the Flip Bak on and now reading all the different available electronic functions. I just found out it even has an electronic PTO on the Aisin Trans....
It will take some time learning and programming this thing. Can't wait to see how it handles on the way to the Colo Rally next month.
Didn't get any pictures before the rain, but the outside looks like your typical Ram, inside has cockpit like instrumentation appearance.
Rick, thanks for meeting me and having lunch upon picking up the Truck!!! By the way this has an automatic air suspension, but you can select different settings or leave it in the automatic mode....not sure I am understanding what I read about this, anyone have this on their Ram?

jwcox
08-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Can't wait to see it Garry, in the mean time I will have a new sound system and new tires on my North Trail before the October rally!

Doublegranch
08-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Jeanne:

Does that mean the music volume will be higher??
Good luck with your tire selection, anything will be better than what you had with the towmax..

By the way had to go to the dealer today, just to have them help me program all the different electronic features....I can generally work things out but some features I just couldn't get programmed. All are now set up including the roadside assist, 911 calling and Ram assist buttons on the Rear view mirror.

MTPockets
08-29-2015, 06:27 AM
Jeanne:

Does that mean the music volume will be higher??
Good luck with your tire selection, anything will be better than what you had with the towmax..

By the way had to go to the dealer today, just to have them help me program all the different electronic features....I can generally work things out but some features I just couldn't get programmed. All are now set up including the roadside assist, 911 calling and Ram assist buttons on the Rear view mirror.
That must be some truck! Programming the rear view mirror...! What'll they think of next?

Mrsfish
08-31-2015, 09:34 PM
Hey everyone- an email was sent out by Julie today to each of us asking if you are thinking of attending the 2016 Las Vegas national rally. This is NOT a sign up- they are simply trying to get an idea of numbers. Please respond if you are even remotely thinking of going so they can prepare correctly. - Ann

if you didn't get the email, you can go to the thread for the rally and answer via the link that was placed there today.

Gordonandbetty
08-31-2015, 10:03 PM
Already replied. It is quick and easy to do.

JohnD
08-31-2015, 10:22 PM
I did, too!

Although there are so many saying they are going . . . and not enough sites available.

So I don't know that the reality of actually being able to go is very high.

Bob&Patty
09-02-2015, 10:41 AM
John, I believe that JB is trying to get a head count so he try to get more sites NOW. The Oasis is busy place all year long.

Doublegranch
09-02-2015, 07:22 PM
2016 Ram update:
I initially got 18 around here and in a small rural town. Took it on the highway and was surprised to achieve an average of 19.8 on a two lane highway with an elevation change of just over 2,000 ft. Drove it in both directions for 150 miles at 65 & 55 mph. So it will be interesting what this may achieve once broken in. So far this is a very impressive machine.

Mrsfish
09-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Garry - how goes wine barrel wrestling? Olympic sport yet?

Doublegranch
09-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Ann:
I am one lucky guy....the barrel was about 12-13 feet up weighing about 400lbs...I was leaning forward pushing the pallet jack rack when a top barrel came off the rack and hit me in the right shoulder, then proceeded to hit Keif on top the head. I tore some muscles, ruptured my sternnom, gash in my shoulder couldn't be stitched as the barrel took off all the skin, my ribs are bruised and the pills they gave me are LOVELY nothing broken or cracked...It rough being a titanium cowboy!!! ....Kief is still in the hospital, chipped vertebra, staples in his head, two torn ligaments in his neck. He had a cat scan and now waiting for the MRI results. We did spill a few gallons of wine but the barrel did not break open and landed in a vertical position. Needless to say we did not get to crush the 3 tons of grapes today. My crushing days are over for awhile and maybe all this season.

Mrsfish
09-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Well, be prepared for a lecture this weekend about how you're not getting younger and how I'm all stressed out now worrying about you. Mom (I mean Ann)

Doublegranch
09-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Yes Mam! I understand!!!!!!!

MTPockets
09-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Well, be prepared for a lecture this weekend about how you're not getting younger and how I'm all stressed out now worrying about you. Mom (I mean Ann)
He sure was fortunate. ........ (Wonder if this will affect his bowling)

Doublegranch
09-02-2015, 09:36 PM
Terry:

If it does, I can be mouthy with the judges and just get them wasted....
But not to worry....My normal, 2 gutters and 3 strikes will be ready....

Bob&Patty
09-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Garry, are you kidding me...a 400# wine barrel fell on you and friend?? Glad it was not any worse and you 2 get better soon.

JohnD
09-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Garry, are you kidding me...a 400# wine barrel fell on you and friend??

And did you spill any?

Garry . . . that would be alcohol abuse, you know . . . :o

Hope you guys are OK!

Doublegranch
09-03-2015, 05:29 PM
John & Bob:

Wish it was a joke, but it really happened. My friend was transferred this morning to a hospital in Phoenix, they may have to do surgery. What happened, I have no idea, I only felt the after math. Each metal wine rack holds two 50-55 gal wooden wine barrels at about 400 lbs each. We had them stacked 3 high total of 6 barrels and was moving them with a pallet jack so we had room to crush 3 tons of grapes. I was pushing the front of the racks and Kief the wine master was on the end of the pallet jack handle. No idea what took place, I felt the thud on my right shoulder, knocking me into the other stacked racks beside us and then Kief yelling. The barrel fell from about 12-13 feet above our heads and after bouncing off me then hit Kief in the top of the head. Not sure if the metal rack broke or what as I have not been back yet. I am on the Dr Happy pills and wow feeling 100% better today. Nothing broke or cracked so I made out really well. I think at my age, this was a major wake up call on the activities I will and won't be doing in the future!
By the way John, yes we did spill a few gallons of wine but he barrel did not break, so most of the wine was still in the barrel when we left for the hospital.

JohnD
09-03-2015, 07:10 PM
John & Bob:

Wish it was a joke, but it really happened. My friend was transferred this morning to a hospital in Phoenix, they may have to do surgery. What happened, I have no idea, I only felt the after math. Each metal wine rack holds two 50-55 gal wooden wine barrels at about 400 lbs each. We had them stacked 3 high total of 6 barrels and was moving them with a pallet jack so we had room to crush 3 tons of grapes. I was pushing the front of the racks and Kief the wine master was on the end of the pallet jack handle. No idea what took place, I felt the thud on my right shoulder, knocking me into the other stacked racks beside us and then Kief yelling. The barrel fell from about 12-13 feet above our heads and after bouncing off me then hit Kief in the top of the head. Not sure if the metal rack broke or what as I have not been back yet. I am on the Dr Happy pills and wow feeling 100% better today. Nothing broke or cracked so I made out really well. I think at my age, this was a major wake up call on the activities I will and won't be doing in the future!

Let us know how he makes out . . .

And keep us informed on how you are doing!

You've got a rally you are supposed to attend in a couple of weeks and I hope to see you there!

Not too mention a private camera class . . .

By the way John, yes we did spill a few gallons of wine but he barrel did not break, so most of the wine was still in the barrel when we left for the hospital.

Whew!

I'm not really much of a wine officianado, but still . . . :o

gwalter
09-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Garry you are probably right about being careful at your advanced age. [emoji3]

JohnD
09-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Garry you are probably right about being careful at your advanced age. [emoji3]

Maybe I'll trade him my walker for those funky socks he got here in Colorado last year in Mountaindale . . . :cool:

(I really don't have a walker . . . but I've been practicing for when I do need one!) :rolleyes:

Doublegranch
09-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the comments....I will be fine and in a few days the pain will be gone....The Rally is on, I will be in Colo for that one as well as the Bowl a Thon at Camp Verde in Oct.
Just got word on my buddy....not good...they put him in ICU this morning after transferring him to a Hospital in Phoenix. One of the three ligaments in the neck was crushed and one damaged, had two been crushed, he would have been paralyzed from the neck down. His Dad just called and they can't figure out what happened, as nothing was broken on the racks, the barrels didn't hit any object when we were pushing the racks and fortunately the other top barrel was hung up from falling by the back wall. He also said these were 59 gallon barrels at a weight of 100 pounds per wooden barrel and 480 pounds for the wine, total of 580 pounds per barrel. Had the back barrel made it off the back wall, we both would not be here today. I am stunned and deciding my retirement activities will be redefined to my ranch & Heartland RVng. I will continue to count my blessings.

JohnD
09-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the comments....I will be fine and in a few days the pain will be gone....The Rally is on, I will be in Colo for that one as well as the Bowl a Thon at Camp Verde in Oct.
Just got word on my buddy....not good...they put him in ICU this morning after transferring him to a Hospital in Phoenix. One of the three ligaments in the neck was crushed and one damaged, had two been crushed, he would have been paralyzed from the neck down. His Dad just called and they can't figure out what happened, as nothing was broken on the racks, the barrels didn't hit any object when we were pushing the racks and fortunately the other top barrel was hung up from falling by the back wall. He also said these were 59 gallon barrels at a weight of 100 pounds per wooden barrel and 480 pounds for the wine, total of 580 pounds per barrel. Had the back barrel made it off the back wall, we both would not be here today. I am stunned and deciding my retirement activities will be redefined to my ranch & Heartland RVng. I will continue to count my blessings.

Take care of yourself, Garry . . . and I hope your friend recovers from this!

Can't wait to see you and the doggies in Central City!

chiefaret
09-04-2015, 08:41 AM

I think that is a good decision. We are about the same age and pushing heavy anything is for younger folk. Wishing you and you friend a speedy full recovery.

gwalter
09-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Good to hear you are recovering and prayers for your friend. Glad you can still make Central City and will visit with you there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doublegranch
09-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Soldiers Best Friend has invited Ms Cheyenne to start her Service Dog Training with a class of 6 big dogs. Her first class was last night and while the official training cannot start until she is a year old, they wanted to give her the opportunity to start working around all the training activities. For seven months old, she did exceptional...This will be a weekly event except for missed classes for our Rally activities. The rate she is going, Dakota may be taking early retirement sooner than expected. "But it will be when she is Ready"
Can't wait to see everyone next month for our Camp Verde Rally. Mr Fish and I will be heading to Pueblo Colo on the 22nd and then the Colo Rally.

Bowling team Captains, I hope you have been holding weekly team practice as Terry has been doing!!! He is up to a whopping 32 for 10 frames now!

JohnD
09-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Soldiers Best Friend has invited Ms Cheyenne to start her Service Dog Training with a class of 6 big dogs. Her first class was last night and while the official training cannot start until she is a year old, they wanted to give her the opportunity to start working around all the training activities. For seven months old, she did exceptional...This will be a weekly event except for missed classes for our Rally activities. The rate she is going, Dakota may be taking early retirement sooner than expected. "But it will be when she is Ready"
Can't wait to see everyone next month for our Camp Verde Rally. Mr Fish and I will be heading to Pueblo Colo on the 22nd and then the Colo Rally.

Bowling team Captains, I hope you have been holding weekly team practice as Terry has been doing!!! He is up to a whopping 32 for 10 frames now!

Well, we'll have some of our Mainecoon kitties with us at the Colorado Rally in Central City if Cheyenne needs some workouts while here in Colorado!

Most likely it will be these three . . .

40106 40108 40109 40110

Can't wait to see you again next Thursday!

MTPockets
09-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Bowling team Captains, I hope you have been holding weekly team practice as Terry has been doing!!! He is up to a whopping 32 for 10 frames now!. You've been spying! There must some sort of extra penalty for that!!

JohnD
09-17-2015, 09:33 PM
. You've been spying! There must some sort of extra penalty for that!!

Terry . . . you ain't been cheatin', have ya? :p :o :rolleyes: :cool:

Cain't wait to see you guyz in Central City next week . . . !

Doublegranch
09-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Terry:

What's up with the penalty business, I am on your team!!!!

JohnD
09-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Terry:

What's up with the penalty business, I am on your team!!!!

That just means we all have to sit down and do some shots of Fireball!

Or Wild Turkey . . . or Crown Royal . . . or . . .

Ron-Cookie
09-18-2015, 12:56 AM
Soldiers Best Friend Scotch for me.....:):cool:

MTPockets
09-18-2015, 07:54 AM
Terry:

What's up with the penalty business, I am on your team!!!!. I forgot... Penalty will be extra points. How's the practice been going?

Doublegranch
09-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Terry:

Hey practice is going well, I am almost back to 100%...I think I can pull off a 50 for the first game! That should get us in first place, what say you?

Ron-Cookie
09-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Hey I thought lowest score WINS!

Doublegranch
09-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Ron:
With a 32 for Terry and 50 for me, I think we may just be in that category, then you take away all the 10 point violations for messing with the Judges mind and we are sure to be number one!!!!

MTPockets
09-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Our team score will jump dramatically during the blindfold frame.

Doublegranch
09-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Terry:

Wow thank goodness you had us all practicing the "Braille" bowling method at practice the other night...
That is why you are the CAPTAIN.....

JohnD
09-18-2015, 10:55 AM
Terry:

Wow thank goodness you had us all practicing the "Braille" bowling method at practice the other night...
That is why you are the CAPTAIN.....

Wish we could be there . . .

I'm the king of the gutter ball . . . we'd definately win!

Mrsfish
10-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Terry (MT POCKETS) Happy Birthday to you!

MTPockets
10-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Terry (MT POCKETS) Happy Birthday to you!
Ahh, that was nice.. Thank you Lady!

bkdance
10-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Lady?

MTPockets
10-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Lady?
(Tryin to get my points back .... Shhhh)

Mrsfish
10-14-2015, 07:33 PM
(Tryin to get my points back .... Shhhh)

Boy, you keep digging it deeper...

MTPockets
10-14-2015, 08:45 PM
I give up. I apologize to two beautiful ladies for starting this. Forgive me? :confused::angel::p

VKTalley
10-14-2015, 09:00 PM

Keep him in line, Ann! :rolleyes:

JohnD
10-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Keep him in line, Ann! :rolleyes:

I don't know if that is possible . . .

Terry is a wild one! :cool:

Mrsfish
10-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Oh, Kim and I will patiently wait for him to grovel at the rodeo rally. We may play this for all it's worth.

JohnD
10-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Oh, Kim and I will patiently wait for him to grovel at the rodeo rally. We may play this for all it's worth.

Cool . . . that might take the heat off of me (chaps and all that) . . . :o

Doublegranch
10-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Oh No not so fast JohnD.....The heat is still on you and Rodeo hasn't ever bucked since he was born, so I am putting a few sand burs in his blanket for you! After all we are going to a RODEO!....

Mrsfish
10-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Cool . . . that might take the heat off of me (chaps and all that) . . . :o

Not so fast, Charlie Brown...you and your future antics were a major discussion at the camp verde rally. You have around 40 people waiting to see you ride a horse, buck naked but wearing chaps. Don't think you can wiggle out of this one.

JohnD
10-14-2015, 10:17 PM
oh no not so fast johnd.....the heat is till on you and rodeo hasn't ever bucked since he was born, so i am putting a few sand burs in his blanket for you! After all we are going to a rodeo!....

DOH!

Cain't blame me for tryin'! :o :rolleyes: :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Not so fast, Charlie Brown...you and your future antics were a major discussion at the camp verde rally. You have around 40 people waiting to see you ride a horse, buck naked but wearing chaps. Don't think you can wiggle out of this one.

Now it's naked . . . last I heard it was wearing chaps without my BVD's . . . :confused:

Just what was discussed at Camp Verde . . . ?

- - - Updated - - -

By the by . . . we held out at Blue Mesa last weekend while you guys were bowling down at Camp Verde . . .

Wish we could have been down there with you, but was a little too far for us to get away this time!

Mrsfish
10-14-2015, 10:18 PM
DOH!

Cain't blame me for tryin'! :o :rolleyes: :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Now it's naked . . . last I heard it was wearing chaps without my BVD's . . . :confused:

Just what was discussed at Camp Verde . . . ?

Go go back and check the thread. It WAS naked and it STILL IS naked. See you in February!!!!!!!!

JohnD
10-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Go go back and check the thread. It WAS naked and it STILL IS naked. See you in February!!!!!!!!

Cathy thinks that nobody wants to see me naked, although she always said my butt was my best asset!

Of course . . . she said that 25 years ago when I still had a 29-inch waist line and weighed 130 pounds . . . !

Doublegranch
10-14-2015, 10:23 PM
I am in agreement with Cathy.....I will be wearing black out sunglasses for this one!

MsFish is really stirring it up on your behalf.....You are a legend out WEST.

JohnD
10-14-2015, 10:30 PM
I am in agreement with Cathy.....I will be wearing black out sunglasses for this one!

MsFish is really stirring it up on your behalf.....

You are a legend out WEST.

A legend??????

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I can live up to that one . . .

Guess I'll have to wear one of my 'Walker, Texas Ranger' T-shirts . . . maybe that will help!

jimtoo
10-14-2015, 11:57 PM
Don't nobody out there know how to use a camera???? I mean some film could be very valuable if it had certain images on it of certain people.... :)

Jim M

JohnD
10-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Don't nobody out there know how to use a camera????

I mean some film could be very valuable if it had certain images on it of certain people.... :)

Jim M

I do (was a photojournalist most of my adult life . . . or was that a previous life? . . . I can't remember) . . .

However, I'll be on the wrong end of the camera in this one! :p :rolleyes: :o

But . . . I guess I gotta do what I gotta do! :cool:

danemayer
10-15-2015, 08:52 AM
John,

Maybe some kind soul in the AZ group will lend you a selfie stick for your ride. :)

chiefaret
10-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Cathy thinks that nobody wants to see me naked, although she always said my butt was my best asset!

Of course . . . she said that 25 years ago when I still had a 29-inch waist line and weighed 130 pounds . . . !

Sorry John, but I am not sure that naked is how I want to see you!!!!!!!!

Lynn1130
10-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Film? What is that? Is that like a memory card?

bkdance
10-15-2015, 06:42 PM
I'd like to know how this became all about JohnD? Terry was the one in hot water. I think he needs to make amends next week in Mesa. Lunch maybe or BBQ?

JohnD
10-15-2015, 06:54 PM
I'd like to know how this became all about JohnD? Terry was the one in hot water.

I know . . . ? ? ? :rolleyes:

Doublegranch
10-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Rumor has it, Terry was known as the "sly fox" in high school....that may explain part of it.

JohnD
10-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Rumor has it, Terry was known as the "sly fox" in high school....that may explain part of it.

You mean like this?

Photo by me

MTPockets
10-15-2015, 08:23 PM
I'd like to know how this became all about JohnD? Terry was the one in hot water. I think he needs to make amends next week in Mesa. Lunch maybe or BBQ?
I was enjoying the distraction... BTW; it was Garry who started this! He was the one hitting on the Ladies! How I got into the fray to begin with???? Mesa..... I'm game.. We don't arrive until Monday the 26th... Anyone else game for an impromptu Lunch-time Meet-n-greet in the Mesa/Apache Junction area? (Not buying) Say, Wednesday 28th or Thurs 29th? If so, I'll have to find a place.....

Doublegranch
10-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Not sure how the picture of me on my knees talking is part of your insult to the Ladies! Nice try, but you can't get away with attempting to fray the collateral damage you have caused and not the mention the Mental Distress these young Ladies have been suffering since Camp Verde....You really need to consider "Buying" as a symbol of "Peace"!!! Just saying, your troubles are not over yet!!!

MTPockets
10-15-2015, 10:16 PM
I give up. I apologize to two beautiful ladies for starting this. Forgive me? :confused::angel::p
See Post 201: I did apologize! Seems to me the pot stirrers should buy..

bkdance
10-16-2015, 09:24 AM
See Post 201: I did apologize! Seems to me the pot stirrers should buy..
Okay, I forgive you... I vote for the 28th for lunch.

MTPockets
10-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Okay, I forgive you... I vote for the 28th for lunch.
You're on! Suggest a place or I'll find one when we get in on the 26th...

bkdance
10-21-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm game.. Anyone else game for an impromptu Lunch-time Meet-n-greet in the Mesa/Apache Junction area? (Not buying).
Since Terry and June arrived early we're planning an impromptu Meet-n-Greet on Sunday, the 25th at 11:30 am at La Parrilla Suiza 1622 S Stapley Dr Mesa

Y'all are invited. I'd like a head count please.
Thanks, Kim

MTPockets
10-21-2015, 03:53 PM
I just posted this as an event. Check under events. HOMG

bkdance
10-21-2015, 05:03 PM
I just posted this as an event. Check under events. HOMG
I tried and apparently I don't have permission!

MTPockets
10-21-2015, 05:20 PM
I tried and apparently I don't have permission!
I just tried using June's. It should be good now

MTPockets
10-21-2015, 09:19 PM
The Meet n Greet for Oct 25 in Mesa, AZ is up & working. Look at Events Page; HOMG

MTPockets
10-22-2015, 06:36 PM
The Meet n Greet for Oct 25 in Mesa, AZ is up & working. Look at Events Page; HOMG
If you are coming to this coming Sunday/noon lunch, post it here or on the HOMG event page.

Also, since this one was such a last minute/impromptu gathering, there is another HOMG planned for 11:30 Saturday, December 12th in Casa Grande, AZ. This will be on the events page sometime next week as soon as the location is nailed down.... Suggestions welcome. Terry Rainwater

Doublegranch
11-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Well, its a first in many tears...12:21pm Monday Nov 16 and it is snowing at the ranch...generally don't get snow until early January...The girls are loving it....I have a friend from Denver visiting and she wanted to know
if we needed to put the cows in the barn!!! So much for city girls.....

jimtoo
11-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Blonde?

How does the guy that drives the snow plow get to work?

Doublegranch
12-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Woke up to a nice snow fall this morning...Not a lot but it is a beautiful blanket of white across the pastures.
Have a small herd of 15 deer that have adopted me for the last few weeks and they are grazing in the back.
What a GREAT Morning!

MTPockets
12-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Woke up to a nice snow fall this morning...Not a lot but it is a beautiful blanket of white across the pastures.
Have a small herd of 15 deer that have adopted me for the last few weeks and they are grazing in the back.
What a GREAT Morning!
Sounds like a beautiful postcard morning.

Doublegranch
12-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Pictures of our first Dec 2015 Snow:

MTPockets
12-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Pictures of our first Dec 2015 Snow:
Cheyenne has that natural camouflage in this pic..

Doublegranch
12-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Terry: This is her first snow that has stuck and she is full of it...trying to kick her big sisters butt...It doesn't work too well for her!
See you in a few hours...I will leave early as not sure how the pass will be. The clouds are just lifting over the mountain great shot,
I will take it in awhile.

Doublegranch
01-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Terry has advised me that June is in ICU in Scottsdale. She is scheduled for surgery next Monday due to some paralyzes in her arms and legs.
The Recovery time could be from a few weeks to an extended period of time. She has had some similar problems in the past and recovery appeared
to be speedy. Please send Good Healing Thoughts to June! June is a trooper and I know she will be okay!
I have expressed to Terry, his extended family is here to help him in any way!

bkdance
01-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Terry has advised me that June is in ICU in Scottsdale. She is scheduled for surgery next Monday due to some paralyzes in her arms and legs.
The Recovery time could be from a few weeks to an extended period of time. She has had some similar problems in the past and recovery appeared
to be speedy. Please send Good Healing Thoughts to June! June is a trooper and I know she will be okay!
I have expressed to Terry, his extended family is here to help him in any way!

Our positive thoughts are with you, Terry and June, for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

JohnD
01-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Get well soon!

Hope to see you guys in Tucson!

danemayer
01-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Terry and June. Hope it all goes well and there's a quick recovery.

Mrsfish
01-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Sending you best wishes June. Know that we are just down the road from you if there is ANYTHING we can do for you or Terry - you have our number. Hopefully this is just a repeat of events from last year with the same good outcome and that you'll be up and singing very soon.

gwalter
01-20-2016, 01:16 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the both of you.

Ron-Cookie
01-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Our prayers are with the two of you... As you may know I just had neck surgery and the care we get here in the Phoenix area is tops... If there is anything we can do PLEASE ask.... Again our prayers are with you June...

MTPockets
01-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Our prayers are with the two of you... As you may know I just had neck surgery and the care we get here in the Phoenix area is tops... If there is anything we can do PLEASE ask.... Again our prayers are with you June...
I know Ron you are recovering. June's was exacerbated when she fell causing swelling and paralysis. Some feeling is returning and Monday's surgery is to take care of it for good.
Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and encouragement!

Ann&Ted
01-29-2016, 03:16 PM
I know this is late, but Ann and I pray for June's fast recovery. Hopefully her post surgery is going well. We will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

MTPockets
01-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Many thanks to everyone for their thoughts & prayers. June's surgery was Jan 25 and completed as expected. No real change since. She will remain in hospital here in Scottsdale until Doctors feel she can be relocated to their acute care facility for intense physical therapy. She will later be re-evaluated and when cleared will then relocated to a physical therapy/care facility which I select from a list of approved facilities. We're told 3 - 6 months to see hopefully 80% return use of hands arms legs.

gregattaway
03-21-2016, 11:55 AM
We do not get any posts from this site anymore ... weird ...