What color truck for 3650BH?

GoatsRock

Hello all!

My husband and I finally took the plunge and just purchased a Gateway 3650!! Yea!! In literal cart-before-the-horse fashion, we don't have a truck. We've decided on the Ram 3500 dually, but aren't sure of the color. Our fifth wheel is still on the dealer's lot (2+ hours away), so we're kind of out of luck being able to compare a truck to the fifth wheel. Does anyone have a 2015 3650 who would be so kind as to share their truck color? We'd like something that matches. The closest I can tell online is the prairie gold, but I know that online colors aren't necessarily accurate...

Thanks in advance! I look forward to reading through the posts!

Best,
GR

danemayer

Hi GoatsRock,

Congratulations on the new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'd help you with a color recommendation but my color vision is a bit impaired, so my recommendation might not be helpful.

But I'm sure someone else will chime in shortly.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Home 4-22-14.jpg This is our combo. Ordered the camper first not sure what kind of truck we would end up with and whala - the local Chrysler has a new truck to match. What luck.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Is the Gateway color considered the chocolate brown with pearl side gelcoat??

rdufek

Hello all!

My husband and I finally took the plunge and just purchased a Gateway 3650!! Yea!! In literal cart-before-the-horse fashion, we don't have a truck. We've decided on the Ram 3500 dually, but aren't sure of the color. Our fifth wheel is still on the dealer's lot (2+ hours away), so we're kind of out of luck being able to compare a truck to the fifth wheel. Does anyone have a 2015 3650 who would be so kind as to share their truck color? We'd like something that matches. The closest I can tell online is the prairie gold, but I know that online colors aren't necessarily accurate...

Best,
GR

Just a thought, buy white. See if a local shop can add decals or buy decals that are on trailer from Heartland, you can usually buy individual decals from Heartland. That way, if you decide you want to replace the trailer in a couple years, decals can be removed and news ones can be added to match a new trailer. I own a white 2014 Ram 3500 DRW, I Love it.

Bob and Valerie

Kosanko

We bought our truck before our Gateway 3650 BH so we had to go with what we had, not a matching set, but very capable in getting the job done!!!

Actually in past experiance with skiing, motorcycling, scuba diving, etc. people who had perfectly matched equipment usually couldn't perform as good as they looked, but the people who bought the right equipment regardless of color match but for quality performed better. So that being said buy the truck to get the job done...

Also, conducer getting a dually, because 41' high profile will catch a lot of cross winds!!

Turtlpwr

Hi GoatsRock,

I've got a gold Dodge Ram, albeit a few years old and they look really good together (see profile pic).

OEFVET

Hello all!

Best,
GR

You can also consider getting custom graphics/paint to have them match.

GOTTOYS

Buy whatever you can find in a color you like. If you have to order a specific color the way the new Ram owners have been waiting for their new trucks it could be several months before you get the truck. Color of the truck never made much difference to me...Don

GoatsRock

Thank you so much for the many responses! And the great advice!

Well, we decided on the Prairie Pearl (light gold). Happykraut, we did stop by the local Dodge dealership, but since we didn’t have the trailer, it was just a best guess as to how accurate the literature colors were. Fingers crossed that it matches. I know it doesn't really matter, but I’m a matchy kind of gal :rolleyes:

Kosanko - as far as capabilities, that was first and foremost. The 2015 3500 Ram can definitely handle the fifth wheel, but we were torn between a drw and a srw. In the long run, I convinced the hubs that the dually would be safer (and more logical if we switch to a toy hauler in the near future). They are telling us 8 weeks, but we’ll see. They told us that last year when we bought the 1500 Eco Diesel and it *only* took 5. Our first trip isn't planned until early June, so we should have enough time.

OEFVET and rdufek– I LOVE the custom graphics… I don’t think I could convince the hubs to do that though. I thought about getting a white truck and adding decals or even buying white and then having it painted, but he doesn't want to deal with any of that – especially on a brand new truck.

Turtlepwr, do you have a larger version of your profile picture? I can’t enlarge it and it’s hard for me to see the details in the small thumbnail version. How do you like your 3650?

Simonn and Nabo – your combinations are perfect. We were really hoping to buy a gray/black fifth wheel, but the 3650BH suited us so perfectly… for now ;)

Now I’m off to the other boards to find advice on actually driving this thing!!

Thank you again everyone!
GR

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We stopped at a RAM dealer the other day. They where the only dealer that had any duallies sitting on the lot. They had a light gold one there. Very nice. The wife and I agreed that it would match the trailer very well......and then she told me to quit dreaming and get back in the truck.

Congrats!

GoatsRock

For those who commented, I thought a picture was in order. :D It's not a perfect match, but I still think it looks nice.

And being as how we live off of a two mile dirt/gravel road... I think it will hide the constant layer of muck quite nicely. Which is great considering this is about to become my daily driving vehicle!!
:eek:;)

Wish me luck, I've been in a SUV for the last 15 years.

attachment.php

Now off to find some threads on how to park this beast in less than 20 minutes...

Attachments

• 20150507_122401.jpg
    20150507_122401.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 123

Bones

For those who commented, I thought a picture was in order. :D It's not a perfect match, but I still think it looks nice.

And being as how we live off of a two mile dirt/gravel road... I think it will hide the constant layer of muck quite nicely. Which is great considering this is about to become my daily driving vehicle!!
:eek:;)

Wish me luck, I've been in a SUV for the last 15 years.

attachment.php

Now off to find some threads on how to park this beast in less than 20 minutes...

Sweet. Now I want one

justafordguy

Very nice looking rig.:cool:

You are going to love your 3650BH, we sure love ours, even though my white truck doesn't match it.;)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think that most colors of trucks will match most any trailer . . . no matter what color they are.

Except maybe a pink truck . . .