All New LM365 Newport

porthole

Retired
If you are going to use a well nut, you need to make sure the length is the proper length for the thickness of the surface.

I have used these a lot, both the rubber type shown and the steel "nutserts"

Personally, I do not think the rubber versions will either last or be secure, and I would not use them on a surface such as luan covered with a flexible membrane.

If you are going to use a well nut, you need to make sure the length is the proper length for the thickness of the surface.

I have used these a lot, both the rubber type shown and the steel "nutserts"

Personally, I do not think the rubber versions will either last or be secure, and I would not use them on a surface such as luan covered with a flexible membrane.
I'll have to research that. Thanks a bunch for the info.

jbeletti

Duane - I'd never heard of a Nutsert before. Cool product - thanks for advising on it.

Here's a quick video on installing them.

Would you have any concern that the compression/mushrooming of the nutsert into say, 1/8" luan would be too much for the luan? I'm wondering if the the process would crush/pulverize the luan, lessening the effective holding power.

jimtoo

The "nutsert" is very good to use on metal that you cannot get to he back side of to use a nut on the bolt or screw. But it takes a lot of pressure to anchor or install the nutzert in it's place. I'm not sure that the luan panel would support that much pressure without compressing down to almost nothing. Also the surface or holding (gripping) area once the nutzert is installed is very small. I personally would not use these on or in wood.

Just my thoughts.

porthole

Retired
Jim, they are designed for use with sheet metal.

For fiberglass we have used "well nuts". For wood, I would be leery of even the rubber well nuts.

This page has a variety of "well" type nuts.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#nut-certs/=w4ilyk

Weatherguard (the truck toolbox people) also carry their own line of blind fasteners.

I have several of both the 1/4" and 5/16" versions in various spots in my truck.

http://www.toolup.com/weatherguard_7998-10pk_14-blind-fasteners.aspx

I do believe any of the metal fasteners will crush the luan before clamping properly.

Standard "molly" type fasteners I would be concerned about longevity, and the quality of the material it is fabricated from.

jimtoo

Check HD or Lowes... or any of the lumber yards and look for "Hollow Wall Anchors". They are available for different thickness of wood or walls. This You tube video showing how they work and that they grip more of the back of the panel.

Jim M

My original design was to have the graphics continue around the slide end walls but the cost was outrageous and the extra time the unit has to be in the paint shop was concerning as well. With all the new changes and upgrades I thought it would be best to hold off for now. I had a target price I wanted to hit and I didn't want to have to sacrifice any of the new features for paint & graphics on the end walls. Not sure its a great answer but its the truth... :)
Tom, would it be possible to get the paint codes for the Newport colors? I could take the time and paint the slide sides myself. I think it would be worth the effort and really look good, to boot.

jimtoo

Call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call. This is the best way to get the codes. Tom does monitor the forum when he can.

Jim M

T

TomMontague

Thanks Jim for covering for me. I was under the impression we posted all the paint codes on the forum. I'll be back in my office this afternoon and will find the email from the paint shop regarding the codes. We will get those codes posted right away.

Talk soon.
Tom

danemayer

My 2011 paint codes appear to be proprietary to the Heartland paint vendor. When I tried to get paint locally, none of the local paint shops had any idea how to interpret the codes that were on the label inside the cabinet door.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Even at the factory they had issues coping the paint colors. Not sure what the codes for the paint are. Maybe a number they pulled out of there you know what! But they finally did get it matched to perfection!

T

TomMontague

Below are all paint codes for the LM365's in the field today. The paint codes are Automotive so you need to go to a place that sells automotive paint.

Sikkens is the brand of paint we have used on all LM365's. If the shop sells Sikkens Paint you will be in great shape. HOPE THIS HELPS.......

Landmark– Black/Blue

PP200
MS4
343E6
FLNA9066

Landmark– Black/Brown
PP200
KV4
311G2
FLNA9066

Landmark– Black/Red
PP200
4Q5
603A4
FLNA9066

Landmark– Black/Silver
PP200
MS4
FLNA9066

Landmark– Silver/Charcoal
S03
358D3
YZ
FLNA9066

FlyinLion – Grey
356F3
WA984A
YZ
S03(Base)

FlyinLion – Tan
625G6
LOT9715
310H4

porthole

Retired
Now that you have the codes it should be easy.
But, there is no reason why a good paint shop could not decipher the codes.

There are no more closely guarded secret paint codes then what are on Harley Davidson's Screamin Eagle line of bikes. And there are paint shops out there that can match.

Slympicins

Interesting about the loading specs for the Newport. Guess I will have to keep and eye on the DW and keep her from loading the world of stuff. Keeps the crap down too.

Kenneths

All of the paint codes are on a label in the coat closet of my unit. I thought that was standard with all units.