Mud Dauber Screen

DougInTX

Hi folks,

I have a 2015 North Trail 32RLTS and need to get a mud dauber screen for the furnace. Does anyone know which version/type/size I need?

The flue has kind of a raised exit, so a typcial round one won't fit. Plus there's a flat part about 3" x 4" next to it.

It's hard to tell by the pictures on the web, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

danemayer

Hi Doug,

As you've noticed, there are many different size screens being sold. Although I have a different furnace, even if it were the same I don't think I could remember the model # of the screen that I bought 4 years ago. You might have to measure the area to be covered and then either shop a local dealer, or Camping World, or if sizes are published, order online based on your measurements.

happykraut

I know you don't have a suburban furnace, but they do not recommend the screens since it cuts down on air flow. I've always used the screens, but took mine down yesterday because I'm taking it in Tue to have the furnace repaired. I don't want to give them an excuse for my furnace not working.

brianlajoie

My RV tech warned me that the screen will invalidate your warranty if they see it on your trailer. He recommends that the screen be removed if the furnace is going to be used. As Happykraut says the screen will interfere with the designed airflow. On my last trip in February, I removed my screen before I started my trip. I put it back on when I put the trailer into storage.

happykraut

Brian, exactly my plan. After the warranty service I'll put it back on and then back off during cold weather.

DougInTX

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I will be contacting my dealer soon, since when I bought it they offered to put on one. I guess I figured at the time that it was a standard kind of deal, and so I declined at the time (I guess hindsight is 20/20)

I'll see if they can either get one for me, or tell what to buy (I'm about 100 miles from them, so it's not so easy to just pop in)

Thanks,
Doug

PS. Otherwise - I love my North Trail!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Put the screen on my furnace when we got the rig and it hasn't come off since. Furnace doesn't seem to care. Having adjustable floor registers almost as long hasn't burnt up the furnace, either. And yes, during northern Michigan summers, it does get used fairly frequently. Any warranties are just a distant memory, now.