Two VASTLY different customer service experiences

sdwelling

I've contacted heartland three times this week: once to ask about a Road Warrior and twice to ask technical questions. Both times with tech support were duds.
First I sent an email with my Vin to ask if my unit was pre-wired for a third a/c. The return call was prompt enough and informed me that I had to take the fan apart and check myself for the 120v and thermostat lines.
Second call was today to ask about axle spacing so that I could buy new tires. No help at all, got passed off to a nice lady at Tredit.? I was calling to see if my axles were spaced far enough apart to put g-rated tires (235/85r16) on my Cyclone since I know that g-rated tires are optional now.
The third call was excellent. I spoke with a nice gentleman in the Road Warrior sales department.
Is it my imagination or do you get better customer service if you threaten to spend money?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IronJ

Hit or miss I think....honestly a lot of us are so much more knowledgeable on these units from reading these forums we have questions that a lot of "reps" just don't know. . ...specific technical questions....in my experience you just gotta find the RIGHT rep...I can't help on the a/c but from what I have seen on nearly all rw with correct track setup a g tire will fit no prob..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

danemayer

What most people do on the tire switch is look up the outer diameter spec on the existing tires and the new tires. Ideally you want an O.D. that's about the same. Some people have gone up by 1", but you have to take a look at the spacing between the existing tires if you do that.

Also, if upgrading from Load Range E to Load Range G, you need to first check the wheel specs to make sure it supports 110 psi / 3750 lbs. Look at the inside surface to find the stamped spec.

Towmax 235/85r16 is listed as 30.8".

Goodyear G614 is listed as 30.7"

Sailun S637 is listed as 31.7"

sdwelling

I actually spoke with a Goodyear rep today about the 30.7“ diameter G614. I didn't believe it, but he confirmed it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IronJ

It's actually not uncommon at all for tires of same metric measure to actually measure diff in real world measure....kinda like one manufacturers small shirt is a little bigger than another's small shirt.....

I never really understood why as the metric designation is an actual ratio/formula for width/height...

I used to run a 315 nitto on my Mustang cobra rear wheels, but a 315 in a Goodyear was too wide and I had to have my wheels widened?..same metric size for both tires....the nitto just ran narrow.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Michaeloh

I tried to measure the gap between tires on my 2014 4018 and it was so small I had a hard time getting the tape between the tires. Best guess: 1 3/8-1 1/2". Given that the S637 is supposed to be .9" taller than the blowmax chinajunk on there now the gap between Sailuns would appear to be less than 1/2" potentially. Anybody done this?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I tried to measure the gap between tires on my 2014 4018 and it was so small I had a hard time getting the tape between the tires. Best guess: 1 3/8-1 1/2". Given that the S637 is supposed to be .9" taller than the blowmax chinajunk on there now the gap between Sailuns would appear to be less than 1/2" potentially. Anybody done this?

You could have internal belts breaking inside the TowMax making them "expand" and appear closer together. This happened to us. I noticed one side the tires looked closer than the other, just after having axles upgraded. When I ran my hands over the tire tread, I could feel a very slight bulge. Further inspection (laying under the rig, looking at inside of tires) I could see the tread pattern as it curved around the sidewall was "stretched". When the tire was finally removed from the rim, it looked like a hex nut. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438312976.597120.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk