PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage 2016 NT 22RBK. Great success!

skiph
03-23-2016, 05:47 PM
I posted some pictures in an album, but not sure how to share. So going to put a few here. I hope.

The Bosses.
Life is good.
Guadalupe River State Park. 03/20/2016 - 03/23/2016.

Only couple of issues found. A/C is a bit noisy. Fan sounds like it might have a bearing loose. When diverted from the main A/C to the vents, there is a pronounced whistle. And one light over the bed refuses to work. Not burned out, just won't function. We'll wait a month or two, make up our list and take it back to the dealer. A couple of minor fit issues. But all things seem to work.

The gas grill that comes with the 22RBK is a Mickey Mouse POS. Has 3 handles and each handle is made up of 15 separate pieces. I mean, really!? I make this NOT up! But it DOES work. My Weber Smokey Joe will get a lot of use, I figure. Got a butane gas burner for Christmas. That too will see some duty.

We could not have had a better time. Hiked here, and using it as our base, also at Pedernales Falls State Park, and Blanco State Park. Both bosses approved of the trip. ;)

For20hunter
03-23-2016, 06:01 PM
Looks like you had a great time!! Sorry you had some issues, but I have yet to find any RV that does not have a couple of issues on the first couple trips. I also use a Weber and like it better than our supplied grill that came with our SOB 3 rigs ago.

Rod

skiph
03-23-2016, 06:05 PM
Looks like you had a great time!! Sorry you had some issues, but I have yet to find any RV that does not have a couple of issues on the first couple trips. I also use a Weber and like it better than our supplied grill that came with our SOB 3 rigs ago.

Rod

Truly I/we expected "some" issues. Would have wondered otherwise. It was a trip of exploration and, as such, was 100% successful.

For20hunter
03-23-2016, 06:06 PM
:cool: LIKE!!!!

Truly I/we expected "some" issues. Would have wondered otherwise. It was a trip of exploration and, as such, was 100% successful.

Gtoli
03-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Chips, beer and camping. Looks like a good time to me. :D

bnm
03-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Very nice! Great way to start the season.

Shortest Straw
03-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Congrats on a successful trip! From experience, get a few more blocks for under your jacks and it will help with the stability of your rig. Get one of these, http://www.rvautoparts.com/Bal-Xtended-Fit-X-Chock-28014_p_14209.html?gclid=CP-BjYat2ssCFZGIaQodGbYHfg for one or both sides for the same reason. If you shorten the distance your tongue jack extends that will help also.

Safe travels!

skiph
03-24-2016, 07:05 PM
Congrats on a successful trip! From experience, get a few more blocks for under your jacks and it will help with the stability of your rig. Get one of these, http://www.rvautoparts.com/Bal-Xtended-Fit-X-Chock-28014_p_14209.html?gclid=CP-BjYat2ssCFZGIaQodGbYHfg for one or both sides for the same reason. If you shorten the distance your tongue jack extends that will help also.

Safe travels!

Thanks for the suggestions. I had seen these and wondered about them.

JohnD
03-24-2016, 07:22 PM
I love my X-chocks!

The only issue with them is that if you put them between the tires right when you get to your parking spot, once the tires cool off you have to retighten them.

And then the next day check them again.

I still put my regular chocks or 4x4 wood blocks (if I have leveling blocks under the tires) by the tires as backup.