EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Anacortes - 7/22/2016 to 7/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, I don't look at the thread for a couple hours and all sorts of awesome stuff happens! Janet, we are so glad you will be able to make it to the rally. What days will you be there?

Robin, so great you were able to act quickly and make the exchange.

We'll edit page one if we can figure out in which sites people will actually end up. We plan to have a hand-out at registration with site numbers and names. So, even if post number 1 is not correct, maybe you'll get an accurate list when you arrive.

RottsNScotts

What does that Kenny Chesney song say? "Don't blink"! LOL

I will be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday.

I am really in a quandry about the whale watching; would love to go but that is a really long time to leave the hounds...Abby is 12 1/2 years old after all.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark is staying behind to take care of our dogs because it is a long trip. Fortunately it is more of my kind of thing than his so he doesn't mind.
Kristy

shelsay

Doug--

We moved to site 66. However, it wasn't available for Sunday night so we will have to move then (to a cabana pull through).

Pat

RottsNScotts

I am glad to see I am in the dessert group!

I have a new one that has been voted "Bestest EVER!" My dog trainer said it was better than crack (although how he would know that, I have NO idea! LOL).

Picture of torte.jpg

Definitely ADDICTIVE and you guys will have to polish it off because I am NOT bringing any of it back to the rig! It will be hard enough to resist until Saturday! LOL

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have arrived at the park. Check-in was a breeze and the young man was very helpful. The park is crowded so putting 42 feet into a site was a bit of a challenge, but we got it done.

Now waiting for everyone else to get here... Mark has already checked out the walking trail with the dogs.

Kristy

Grampafish

Golf update - We have reserved two tee times on Friday, July 22 at Eaglemont Golf Club. They are for 9:10 AM and 9:20 AM. So far we have six players:

Doug Anderson
Matt Bailey
Candy Hardt
Paul Hardt
John Kramer
Bob Sargent

Please let us know if anyone else is interested in playing. On Fridays, the senior rate (over 60) is $42 and the regular rate is $62 plus tax.

tenglish

Wow, I don't look at the thread for a couple hours and all sorts of awesome stuff happens! Janet, we are so glad you will be able to make it to the rally. What days will you be there?

Robin, so great you were able to act quickly and make the exchange.

We'll edit page one if we can figure out in which sites people will actually end up. We plan to have a hand-out at registration with site numbers and names. So, even if post number 1 is not correct, maybe you'll get an accurate list when you arrive.

Doug, Marla and I just spent a week at Fidalgo Bay with our Golden Retriever friends and had a great time. Let everyone know that the bike / walking trail is awesome so definitely bring your bikes or walking shoes. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.
Tom

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Here are a couple of photos I took this morning of the sites on either side of us. We are in site 51. As long as people are patient and have a good sense of humor, everything will be great.:cool:
Kristy

Attachments

• IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 39

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
Safe travels everyone!

Have lots of fun at the rally! Wish we could join you but someone just doesn't have enough vacation for everything we want to attend this year! We know that Doug & Doris will have a great time plan for all at the rally, they are such wonderful people!!

For those attending the OR rally...we will see you there! Can't wait!!

Chuck & Donna

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
The crew is here and it is a beautiful park and area! We are looking forward to seeing you guys in Silverton and wish you guys could have made it up here with the rest of us!! See you in less than a week!

Rod and Kelly

Safe travels everyone!

Have lots of fun at the rally! Wish we could join you but someone just doesn't have enough vacation for everything we want to attend this year! We know that Doug & Doris will have a great time plan for all at the rally, they are such wonderful people!!

For those attending the OR rally...we will see you there! Can't wait!!

Chuck & Donna

SNOKING

Everyone is here....let the fun continue!!!

See you at happy hour this afternoon. We passed Dean and Jodi on Hiway 9 yesterday as they headed your way as we were headed to Lake Connor Park. Their site at LCP is on down the road from ours!

BTW, you are all invited to our Moving/Garage Sale in Shelter Bay tomorrow. Bring money!!!

Chris

Grampafish

Hi Chris, glad you will be joining us this afternoon for happy hour! Looking forward to meeting you!

Doris

Manzan

Saw part of the drum ceremony last night and watched the dozen or so NW Indian canoes depart for their next stop at Swinomish, near La Conner. An 18 mile journey. People from several tribes of western Canada and the US. I have seen part of this before and it never ceases to amaze me. Thank you Doug and Doris for putting this amazing rally together.

Status
Not open for further replies.