EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Anacortes - 7/22/2016 to 7/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That is great news!

Rod
Dennis and Darla Gessler (dkgessler) just notified us that they will be joining us in Anacortes. We're looking forward to seeing them again.

The park is starting to fill up but there are several sites still available.

For20hunter

Doug & Doris, We are also signed up for the Whale Watching tour, Yiiiippeeee....looking forward to a great time!

Rod & Kelly

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a sponsor for the rally! Open Road RV of Monroe and Arlington (http://www.openroadrvcenter.com/) have generously agreed to be our sponsor and will supply the entree for the potluck on Saturday. :D They plan to bring two new rigs (Landmark or Sundance) depending on what they have in inventory come July. In May Doris and I will visit them and then check out a couple of catering options in Anacortes.

We think we will be lucky enough to witness to the 2016 Tribal Canoe Journey. Their current plans have them in Fidalgo Bay the 21st of July, possibly through the 23rd. This year’s journey culminates in Olympia July30 with a week of celebrations(http://www.paddletonisqually.com/index.php/faqs/). For many of us, this could be a once in a lifetime event! :cool:

As a result, the RV park is sold out. We will start a waiting list. We know of one cancellation already and they have graciously delayed cancelling their reservation for a few more weeks so that we could accommodate one more rig, if needed.

For20hunter

We have a sponsor for the rally! Open Road RV of Monroe and Arlington (http://www.openroadrvcenter.com/) have generously agreed to be our sponsor and will supply the entree for the potluck on Saturday. :D They plan to bring two new rigs (Landmark or Sundance) depending on what they have in inventory come July. In May Doris and I will visit them and then check out a couple of catering options in Anacortes.

We think we will be lucky enough to witness to the 2016 Tribal Canoe Journey. Their current plans have them in Fidalgo Bay the 21st of July, possibly through the 23rd. This year’s journey culminates in Olympia July30 with a week of celebrations(http://www.paddletonisqually.com/index.php/faqs/). For many of us, this could be a once in a lifetime event! :cool:

As a result, the RV park is sold out. We will start a waiting list. We know of one cancellation already and they have graciously delayed cancelling their reservation for a few more weeks so that we could accommodate one more rig, if needed.

Doug and Doris,

Thank you so much for the effort and organization you are putting into this rally. It really appears to have all the makings to be a fantastic rally and I am sure will be a great time! I am really looking forward to everything and now the tribal canoe journey sounds fantastic. I can't wait!

Rod

SNOKING

Thanks for the welcome Email and notice about this rally. We most likely will drive up and meet the gang. Here are a couple local caters that we have used at the Shelter Bay Yacht Club:

Kelleys BBQ clkelley3@yahoo.com
Tasteful Vineyards Catering teriberryzzz@gmail.com

We are excited about Open Road RV's new store at Smokey Point in Arlington, as it is in our route to our summer RV park at Lake Conner Park. We stopped by there a week and a half ago, and they are planning a full service store, which could provide warranty support for our new 2017 Bighorn.

Local drives around Anacortes:

Mount Erie - View of of the San Juans and Deception Pass
Deception Pass Bridge
Cap Sante Park - Right in Anacortes
Washington Park - West of Anacortes - do the outter loop stopping at the top.
La Conner Shops and Pub

Walk on the Ferry to Friday Harbor for the day.
Walk the docks at Cap Sante Marina

Chris

Grampafish

Chris, Thanks for the great local information. We look forward to meeting you in July. Nice to know someone else has named their land yacht and tow vehicle.

Gaffer

Shelter Bay Yacht Club. Ummm a good place to try out reciprocity with my Quartzsite Yacht Club charter membership!
Thanks for the welcome Email and notice about this rally. We most likely will drive up and meet the gang. Here are a couple local caters that we have used at the Shelter Bay Yacht Club:

Kelleys BBQ clkelley3@yahoo.com
Tasteful Vineyards Catering teriberryzzz@gmail.com

We are excited about Open Road RV's new store at Smokey Point in Arlington, as it is in our route to our summer RV park at Lake Conner Park. We stopped by there a week and a half ago, and they are planning a full service store, which could provide warranty support for our new 2017 Bighorn.

Local drives around Anacortes:

Mount Erie - View of of the San Juans and Deception Pass
Deception Pass Bridge
Cap Sante Park - Right in Anacortes
Washington Park - West of Anacortes - do the outter loop stopping at the top.
La Conner Shops and Pub

Walk on the Ferry to Friday Harbor for the day.
Walk the docks at Cap Sante Marina

Chris

SNOKING

Shelter Bay Yacht Club. Ummm a good place to try out reciprocity with my Quartzsite Yacht Club charter membership!

I happen to be the Reciprocal Chair and Past Commodore! I am sure a lot of our members want to boat to Quartzsite area!!!

Gaffer

I am not so good at reading between the lines. Am I not welcome to stop by the yacht club for happy hour?
I happen to be the Reciprocal Chair and Past Commodore! I am sure a lot of our members want to boat to Quartzsite area!!!

SNOKING

I am not so good at reading between the lines. Am I not welcome to stop by the yacht club for happy hour?

We have no club house! We have monthly dinners in the Communities Hall in the off boating season. Last Friday of June, July and August we have the outdoor BBQ fired up for those that want to come and cook what they brought.

Closes YCs with bars are in Bellingham and Everett.

Capt. Chris (retired, sold the boat in Sept)

Gaffer

We have no club house! We have monthly dinners in the Communities Hall in the off boating season. Last Friday of June, July and August we have the outdoor BBQ fired up for those that want to come and cook what they brought.

Closes YCs with bars are in Bellingham and Everett.

Capt. Chris (retired, sold the boat in Sept)

Thanks for the info Chris. I just assumed you had a clubhouse.

Grampafish

We just spent two wonderful days in Anacortes. We stopped by Open Road RV Center in Arlington and confirmed they are sponsoring this event and will be bringing a couple new rigs to the rally. The staff at the park are pretty sure the tribal canoes will be at the park on July 19th or 20th and will depart the 22nd or 23rd. Not sure how many tribes will be represented nor how many canoes but it will be impressive! We have arranged for an Italian themed dinner on Saturday with lasagna, chicken Alfredo and rolls. We will just need sides and desserts. We reserved site 56 to keep open as a place for members to gather. We sampled several local restaurants, checked out several local attractions and found a golf course that is reputed to be in the top 5 public coursed in Washington. Eaglemont golf course (www.eaglemontgolf.com) Had tee times open every week day leading up to our rally week-end. We've received several donations for the raffle. If you'd like to donate, just provide a gift in the 15 to 20 dollar price range. There are still plenty of spots available for whale watching and Island Adventures has also made a donation. Please check the first post to be sure we have the correct information for you. This is going to be one fun and memorable event. We will provide packets of information to each of you at registration. Looking forward to seeing all of you in 4 weeks!

Grampafish

GOLF ANYONE? As mentioned in a previous post, we checked out Eaglemont Golf Course and it looks like a terrific, beautiful, challenging course. Check out their website at (www.eaglemontgolf.com). If you are interested in getting a couple of foursomes together, I will arrange tee times. I am thinking Thursday morning would be a good time. Fee for 18 holes is $42. It's about a 30 min. drive from the RV park to the course...we can carpool.

SeattleLion

Are you going to figure out who should bring sides vs desert. Rod and Kelly had a good system. We are both excited the rally is coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.