Saturday is the day

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Saturday is the day Update: We got it, and it's our's

To update the old thread.

We picked up our new 2009 Bighorn 3670RL Saturday, took about 3 hours with paperwork transfering all our stuff, PDI, and a couple of small fixes. Pulled it out to the lake and it pulled great. Backed into our campsite ?(where we pulled old one from) and got it in first try.

It finally hit later after we got things mostly put away, WOW thsi is really ours. It's our 3rd RV but first new one, and huge compared to the old one.

Our Daughter came out and spent Saturday night with us, and slept on the sofa air bed, She said it slept great. Our Son and the 2 younger Grandchildren came out Sunday afternoon and lookeed it over. We also had several neighboring campers/ friends come by to take a look. All were very impressed with the fit and finsih of the wood work, and the quality of the unit.

Well I need to get to work so I can pay for it, so by for now.

Original post

Saturday we pick up our brand new Bighorn 3670RL. Wife is gitty, I guess When it's home It will sink in, but am getting excited.

I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago, and started reading the post, and now with 4 days remaining until we pick it up, I thought it was time for an introduction.

Were Steve and Linda from Miami Co. Kansas. we have one Son married with 3 girls and 1 boy. We have one daughter who is in college.

We are (at least linda is) nearing retirement, so we have started a 5 year plan to go fulltimming. Neither child wants the house so we are going to fix it up and in 2 -5 years put it on the market, sell off everything else, and go from there.

We traded our 1992 HHII 30.5RKUG, and this will be our fisrt new RV/trailer.

We were looking at a HH when the dealer showed us the Bighorn, which we had never heard of. The Wife fell in love with the kitchen, and I started reserching Heartland.

Well I though Hitchhikers were well built, and not living far from the plant, IO figured that was what we would go with. Well Heartland and the Bighorn proved me wrong.

We are currently volenteer at a Kansas State park, and both hold full time jobs. we started with a 24 ft class C, and as our daughter got older, it got smaller. Then the HHII, much more room. Well spending all summer in it last year and starting out this year it now seems smaller. The Bighorn has so much more room and storage I can now crawl in the lower bay when I get in the "dog house".

Well enough for now.

Steve

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve & Linda, welcome to the Heartland Family. Enjoy your new Bighorn.Your plan sounds like a good one.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Steve and Linda. Welcome to the Heartland family. We have been living full time in our 3670RL since last September. We love it and all the room we have. We have never felt cramped and Elizabeth loves her kitchen. Don't worry about the basement when you are in the dog house. There is plenty of room to hide from each other in the coach. lol
Fred

cjbearden

Visitor
Welcome Steve and Linda
You will love your Bighorn. The 3670 is similar to our Augusta and you will love the kitchen space!! Enjoy. That FT plan may change sooner than you think so be prepared! We started out camping two years with a "5-year plan" in mind but this year, we took the plunge. Sold the house within 2 weeks of putting it on the market, sold HHG that we could and Freecycled everything else. Felt like a burden lifted to divest of all the "stuff". Getting down to bare essentials is the only way to go in my opinion.

Make plans to attend a HL Rally. Welcome to the HL Family and enjoy your new 'home'.

JD and CJ:D

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Thanks for the responses.

With our commitment to the State Park, and Linda with no vacation this year, we won't be going anywhere until next year, but with the site we have on the lake, every weekend is like a vacation (at least until I have to go and mow the yard).

With the 5 year plan we know anything can change. If I had the work done on the house that needs done and the "junk" cleared out, I would sell now. But real estate in the country right now isn't moving very fast, since fuel jumped up. Also it will take some time to get things done during the winter months. But who knows, I may hit the lottery (oh ya you have to buy tickets to win).

And you are right about the room in it. I told Linda just after we started looking at it, that I wish we had never seen it. She asked why. I said because this one now seems so small. I think we will get used to it.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Welcome and congrats....... Try to stay out of the dog house.

Chinese say "Deaf husband and blind wife make good marriage"None

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome Steve and Linda.
You will love the 3670. We spent 3 weeks down in Texas in May in ours (our second trip) and sure didn't want to come. I retire in Sept. and will be spending a lot of time in it then. Tried to talk my wife into full timing but she wouldn't agree on it. A month at a time away from the grand kids is all she said she was going stay. (bummer)
Again, welcome and have fun.

Bill

boatdoc

Good for you two, You're going to love that 3670. Our's is as good as it gets. ROOM ROOM ROOM. Make sure you go thru the forum and read up on all the little bugs you might incounter, we did and when they did show up we knew what to do for the fix.
Have fun

deee2

Congratulations on your new Bighorn!! And tell your wife to be careful when you retire. My DIL gave me a wall hanging that says "A retired husband is a wife's full time job".

lol

Donna :)

Last edited: