Delam on bedroom slide?

akf15e

After 4 RVs (all SOB) without any roof or sidewall issues, I think it's my turn to suffer. Based on what I've heard, I believe these bubbles on my bedroom slide are delamination. From what I've heard, water is the most common cause, but I am stumped as to how water has gotten into a wall that is covered by a slide awning and has no visible voids in the caulk around the slide (can't check all the way under the topper, but not sure how water would get under there anyway.) If it is water-caused and I re-caulk the slide, should these bubbles remain the same, or once there is a void (bubble), will the material inside continue to delaminate anyway? Is there any easy (cheap) fix at this point? Thanks is advance.
Delam.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
That horizontal caulked edge where the slide wall and the facia meet in the pic could be a source of water. If you pull the slide in, does it separate there? We noticed our slide was pulling in too far and causing stress on the fascia in that area, and causing the caulk to separate. Adjusted the slide to not pull in so far.

You could not see it easily from the ground. It would close back up when the slide was extended.

6f2e58f54c59f86ec3096ed96dacc0c0.jpg

965aa2dff1977bf3416ad8106ec2ec7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akf15e

Funny that you mention that. Based on where the bubbles are, I was wondering if somehow water could get up into that area. I will check for what you have described. Did your's progress up the wall? My concern is that even if I recaulk a problem area, the delamination will continue now that there is a void behind each of those bubbles. Any idea? Thanks.

TravelTiger

Hmmm, not sure. We did not see anything get worse. I did have an area of delam near a window that Heartland helped us repair, after the window was removed and no water damage was found.

akf15e

Hmmm, not sure. We did not see anything get worse. I did have an area of delam near a window that Heartland helped us repair, after the window was removed and no water damage was found.

Thanks. Mine was separated just like your picture. I've recaulked it for now and will see if it holds. If not, I'll have to figure out how to adjust the slide.

TravelTiger

Thanks. Mine was separated just like your picture. I've recaulked it for now and will see if it holds. If not, I'll have to figure out how to adjust the slide.

Our slide was a ram style, not cable driven. It was housed under the bed platform. I think we found instructions to adjust it on Lippert's website. It took some trial and error, as one person watches outside on a ladder as the other moves the slide in and out after each adjustment.

23792f690011ed681461727466eb2e8e.jpg

CDN

B and B
On a SOB I had a patch right below the lower fridge cover. I took off the fender, pried open the delaminated area and squirted some glue in there. Use adjacent tree to use load tension bars to clamp it back. When I traded the dealer never knew! Neither did anyone else!