50 Amp Connection on Camper

Hello everyone,
We have a Cylone 4270 being delivered on December 15th. Does anyone know exactly what type of connection the 50 amp inlet is on the camper side? I'm trying to order a shore power cord and I want to make sure I get the right thing. Thank you!

Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't installed my power pedestal yet. Actually I haven't purchased it as I'm still trying to lay out the power for the new driveway we are building to store the camper. Without the camper here, it's difficult to know how far away the camper side of the connection will be from the pedestal. The camper is being delivered so my PDI will be done at my house. I need to have the power connection ready before the camper arrives. So I may need a longer cord for home than I will need on the road. If it comes with a cord already, the most cost effective solution would be an extension I would think. I would love a cord reel but with space at a premium underneath, it probably won't work. Sorry for the long answer to a short question, but I honestly don't know what I need.

danemayer

The cord that comes with the trailer should be 30 or 35 feet long. One end is a NEMA 14-50P plug that plugs into the 50 amp NEMA 14-50R receptacle on your pedestal. The other end is probably a Marinco twist-lock that attaches to the RV.

If your pedestal is that far from where the trailer will be, you want a 50 amp extension cord, like this one.

I hope the dealer isn't too far from your home and is sending one of their techs with the rig. Long-distance drivers aren't likely to know anything about the RV.

MTPockets

I would think you would want the power pedestal as close to the trailer as possible. You can probably find the information you need on internet, all 50amp RV connections are standard. Or go to RV supply store & Get one.

We bought from a dealer in Michigan and we are in Florida. Not ideal by any means, but it was around 10k less than purchasing in Florida. The closest dealer that had a 4270 in stock was 5 hours away. We figured that since we wouldn't have a "home" dealer anyway, we might as well buy on price. I'm thinking I will hire a local mobile service company to help with the PDI. The delivery driver is supposed to be able to work everything but I can't say I'm thrilled with that option. This is not the way I hoped the purchase would go, but I am pretty handy so I can probably fix just about anything that ends up being wrong.

danemayer

You might want to browse our owner-written user guides in this folder. They aren't specific to to your RV, but they may help you with many of the questions that are likely to arise.

I would think you would want the power pedestal as close to the trailer as possible. You can probably find the information you need on internet, all 50amp RV connections are standard. Or go to RV supply store & Get one.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk by any means but if all the connections were standard, why are there cords with different types of ends? I'm familiar with the Marinco twist lock system. I have used it on boats for years. I would prefer it actually. I will call the dealer in the morning and get a definite answer. I was just trying to take advantage of some Cyber Monday promotions and save a few bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to browse our owner-written user guides in this folder. They aren't specific to to your RV, but they may help you with many of the questions that are likely to arise.

Thank you! I did look there and will certainly spend more time in that area of the forum. Lots of great stuff there for sure.

Eric1234

Just an idea, when we poured a cement pad at our home I put in water and sewer connections as well.

jimtoo

Who ever installs the power pedestal for your rv make sure they know it is for rv 50amp,,2--120v circuits...not house 220/240v like for your home dryer or cook stove.

Kathi-27

lowes and home depot have rv box's that are already set so all you have to do is hook up main cable. Already has 30,50,gfi110 and breakers in a box you bolt to pole. don't think they carry in stock have to order

I'm hoping to be able to add a sewer connection. So far I haven't been able to find the cleanout on the back of the house. If I can find that then I'm good. If not, I think I'm stuck because it's too far to the one on the front of the house.
I will definitely make sure the RV box is wired correctly. I plan to buy a preassembled unit so I have all the options I might need.

Got some pictures today that were very helpful. The 50 amp connection is towards the very back of the unit. My driveway will be narrower at the back so a 25' cord will work. Thank you all for the suggestions and help. I have some ideas for mods that I will post as I go along. We're new to the camping world but I've been working on boats, houses, and firetrucks for years. Lots of overlap between those things.