PDA

View Full Version : First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

Pages : [1] 2

dieselengineer
01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Update (6/22/09)
The following is the list of members registed for the PA rally. There are still food options (signup what you are going to bring) for the potluck. Check the list, let us know what you like to bring and we will update as needed.

There is still food openings, send in the updates (we need more pies and cake!)

Name - Cheryl and Jim
Site - Q50
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Penne chicken and vodka sauce, pulled pork

Name - Chickie
Site - P40
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - ?

Name - Jamie, Ginger and Madison
Site - Q48
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Rigatoni, chips and dip

Name - Patty and Jon
Site - Q46
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Cheesy potatoes

Name - Bob & Denise
Site - Q58
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - The Smoker with baby back ribs

Name - Bill, Jerry and Izzy
Site - Q52
Checking in - 10 Aug, Checking in early to visit with old friends in the area. Bill get the campfire started and warm up the pie irons
Food - Redskin potato salad, salad, dessert

Name - Dave
Site - Q54
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Bruschetta, caprese salad (I hope this comes with ice cream)

Name - John and Donna (smokeyfl)
Site - Q60
Checking in - 12 Aug
Food - BBQ chicken

Name - John and Debbie
Site - P15
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Stuffed cabbage

Name - Fred and daughter
Site - R22
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - ???

Name - Jim Beletti
Site - P35
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Salad

Name - Sandy and Frank
Site - F76
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Lynne and Dale
Site - Q44
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Greg and Beth
Site - P25
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Wayne, Quinn and taz
Site - J48
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Mac salad Chips fudge

Name - Joe and Tammy
Site - K35
Checking in - seasonal
Food - ?????

Name - Pat & Lena O’Brian
Site - Unknown in proximity
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Gus & Deb
Site - I-58
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Dessert and Pie (now we are talking)

Name - Duane & Deb
Site - F-80
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Shrimp toast & dessert

IF there updates and corrections please send a PM to Us

It is time to setup the first Pa Chapter Rally. Let see a show of hands, who's in for a Rally. :)

The following is the contact information

So, here's where you all come in. Please give the campground a call no later than March 30th. (She would hold the sites and release them April 1...) so don't delay!!!! Tell her you want one of the HORST sites~ Jim and I will be there on Thurs the 13th (my birthday) so if you want to make it a 3 day w/e, just ask the lady.

As I said, the sites are in a nice loop and a few butt up near the woods and the stream...all full hook-ups with cable too.

Here is the phone # ...717-865-4602 or 1-800-562-5471

Let us know when you have secured your spot!!!

It's going to be a fun time!!!!:)

Cheryl and Jim

jnbhobe
01-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Patti & I sould be able to make it. Lets figure out where and when then I'll know for sure. Jon ;) ;)

dieselengineer
01-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks Jon
It was nice talking with you last night. I have not heard from the other, I will keep everyone posted in the next few weeks. Hope to see you in the spring after the snow melt. Jim

Clark
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
My wife and I would be interested in joining the PA chapter. We live in the Abbottstown area, between Gettysburg and York. Currently belong to a Maryland Good Sam chapter and are members of Thousand Trails / Outdoor World. Please keep us appraised of your rally plans as they unfold.

Clark

cookie
01-07-2009, 11:43 AM
If you welcome non chapter members and depending on when the rally will be we might want to take a little trip. It's always fun to see friends and meet new ones. And always look forward to the traditional pot luck food.
Peace
Dave

bill40
01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi Jim
Jerry and I would be interested in the chapter and the rally. We live just a little north of Clark in Lake Meade. Please keep us in the loop on the dates. Thanks Bill

truknutt
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey there to the fellow PA Chapter members,

Count us in!! Thanks to Jim H. for taking on this leadership role.

We're down here in Chambersburg (I-81, Exit 14). We're also new to the organized club thing so let us know what we can do to help out and we'll try our best.

Looking forward to venturing out and exploring more of the Keystone State.

Dave & Nona

Cyclone Traveler
01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
If you will let your Virginia brethren attend we would also be interested. The Virginia chapter is having a rally in April.

dieselengineer
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks for all the responses. To move this to the next step, it appears that the month of August fits most schedules so as Pa Chapter Leader, I declare - the first Pa chapter rally of 2009 shall be on August 14, 15,16.

Now, location is the next step. I am open to ideas. Mid-central state would be great.

For the out of state folks, everyone is welcome so chime in if you have a enjoyable spot in Pa you like.

After we have a great location setup, we will get to the good part, the part I have been waiting for "food menu". Also, I will be delegating this part to Cheryl (my wife) since she does an excellent job planning parties! ;)

hertzberg
01-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi Jim,

We'd also be interested in the chapter and rally (Downingtown PA). We'll keep the dates open. People tell me I make pretty good baby back ribs, so if it fits with Cheryl's plan I'll bring my smoker.

Bob and Denise

brunomisty
01-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi Jim

We are here in Hanover PA close to Gettysburg PA . The date sound good to us. Just keep us post on a campground . The Pine Grove KOA is a nice campground to stay at .

dieselengineer
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Bob (hertzberg)
It is great to hear from you again. Yes, the sound of smoked baby back ribs is music to my ears. This will surely fit into the plan so don't leave the smoker at home, bring it along! Now I can't wait to go camping. :)

JWalker
01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
We'd also be interested in joining the chapter and the Rally.(Somerset Pa.) If you wouldn't mind a North Trail in with all you fifth wheels. What about Hershey as a central location? We will keep the dates open. Let us know.

dieselengineer
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Jamie (jwalker) and Brunomisty

Thanks for your response, I hope we see you there. I haven't been at the Pine Grove KOA. I did place a call and the August date will work with them. The web site looks good. Anybody have more feedback / experience with this CG? If so, lets chat.

jnbhobe
01-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Pine Grove looks nice. I'd like to see something closer to center state. But I'll go with the flow. Pinegrove is 350mi for me. JON :) :)

leftyf
01-10-2009, 11:40 PM
If you welcome non chapter members and depending on when the rally will be we might want to take a little trip. It's always fun to see friends and meet new ones. And always look forward to the traditional pot luck food.
Peace
Dave

Admit it, Bub...you're just in it for the food....me too!:cool:

JWalker
01-13-2009, 07:24 AM
I heard that there is a nice campground located in Hershey. I believe it is called Hershey Highmeadow campground. I have never been there but I heard it is nice. It also would be close to some attractions (HerseyPark, Gettysburg).

Is this the area of the state that we are looking at? Or are we looking more to the East or West?

There are several nice campgrounds located in the Alleghany Mountains near some attractions (Flight 93 memorial, Ski resorts, Frank Lloyd Wrights "Falling Waters", Ohiopyle waterfalls), but this is on the Western side of the state.

bill40
01-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi Jim,
I think FlyFish4m just stayed at Pine Grove seemed to like it.We stayed there years ago when we were tenters and many years younger. Sounds like you are getting a good respones to the dates. Bill

brunomisty
01-13-2009, 04:11 PM
I heard that there is a nice campground located in Hershey. I believe it is called Hershey Highmeadow campground. I have never been there but I heard it is nice. It also would be close to some attractions (HerseyPark, Gettysburg).

Is this the area of the state that we are looking at? Or are we looking more to the East or West?

There are several nice campgrounds located in the Alleghany Mountains near some attractions (Flight 93 memorial, Ski resorts, Frank Lloyd Wrights "Falling Waters", Ohiopyle waterfalls), but this is on the Western side of the state.

Hershey Highmeadow campground is nice . If you are in the back sites the fright trains keep you up at night . That the only thing we didn`t like about Hershey

dieselengineer
01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
We are also checking out Williamports South / Nittany Mtn KOA campground. This is more centrally located and easy to get there from route 80 or 15. Keep the feedback coming. Plan to have the location locked in the next few weeks. :)

dieselsweetheart
01-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Hello everybody! This is the diesel engineers wife. He said I could log on and say hello...and well...give the "little woman's" opinion. Yes, Hershey Highmeadow is a nice place to stay if you want to see Hershey and surrounding areas. We have stayed there 2 years for the RV show...very convenient to take the shuttle back and forth... but... this campground is 5 mi. from where we live...and I'd really like to...ya know...GO somewhere... but if you are coming to the Hershey RV show in September, that is the place to camp!

We thought we'd take a road trip this w/e to check out the Pine Grove place...and we're also looking at another place, Williamsport KOA. This takes us north up 11/15 instead of up 81. That campground looks like it has great views of the Susquehanna.

Anyway, that's where we're at. Since I am delegated to making all the phone calls, I will let you know what other information I find out. Has anyone stayed at that KOA near Williamsport?

Well since sounds like fun... I am always excited about going camping. Chat with you all soon!

leftyf
01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
For the out of state folks, everyone is welcome so chime in if you have a enjoyable spot in Pa you like.

;)

Both of these are nice.

ALLEGHENY RIVER CAMPGROUND
Rick & Carolyn Wise & Family
1737 Route 6 West (mailing Address: P.O. Box 174, Coudersport, Pa 16915)
Roulette, PA 16746-1023
(814) 544-8844 / Fax: (814) 544-7324
http://www.alleghenyrivercampground.com (http://www.alleghenyrivercampground.com/)

POCONO VACATION PARK
RR 14, Box 5214 Shafer School House Road
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
(570) 424-2587 / (570) 476-2932
http://www.poconovacationpark.com/

dieselsweetheart
02-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Please note updated sites and potluck food offerings are on Page #1 of the PA Rally thread. Let me know if you don't see your name/site # as we are still waiting to hear from folks on site #s and food.

Good news everyone! The Pa Chapter has the perfect spot for our rally. Jim and I drove up to the Pine Grove /Twin Grove KOA and (from a woman's perspective) it's lovely! The place looks fairly new... the smell of fresh pine tickled my nose as we went into the reception area! The store is large, full of touristy things and keepsakes. The lady was extremely nice~ She gave us our own little circle of spots that are available in August and Jim and I made the sweep to make sure they looked ok...of course with the snow and ice on the ground it's hard to tell...but using our imaginations they all looked to be good. We picked out and reserved the best of the bunch! The mountains are nearby which will make the campground even prettier in the summer! There is much to do for the kiddies (if you got em)...a nice pool...a little amusement park area...and a restaurant on the premises. I consider myself to be somewhat picky about campsites and this one passed inspection~ There is also going to be live entertainment that Sat...."Blast from the Past" will be the band performing.

So, here's where you all come in. Please give the campground a call no later than March 30th. (She would hold the sites and release them April 1...) so don't delay!!!! Tell her you want one of the HORST sites~ Jim and I will be there on Thurs the 13th (my birthday) so if you want to make it a 3 day w/e, just ask the lady.

As I said, the sites are in a nice loop and a few butt up near the woods and the stream...all full hook-ups with cable too.

Cheryl and Jim

Chickie
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
We are new (today) as club members. We would like to attend the Rally. We live in Chambersburg. Thank you for hosting the first Rally. Please let us know how we can help. Thank you.

dieselsweetheart
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Chickie! Welcome to the club! We'd love to have you at our rally!!! Stay in touch and be sure to call the KOA for your reservation! Happy to have you!:)

jnbhobe
02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Cheryl & Jim; Patti & I sould be able to make it to Pine Grove in august. We will try to leave on wednesday night and get there thursday. I will call for reservations the first of the week, I want to double check the office calender. I also have to figure out the best route from Erie. Please let us know what we can do to help !! Also is the rally going to be Heartland owners only ? Cheryl,check the recipe section of the forum,the recipe is there for the cheesy potatoes we made at the Branson and Michigan rallys. Patti & Jon :cool: :cool: :cool:

dieselsweetheart
02-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi Patti and John!

We have reserved a doz. sites and I think that might be enough for all of us...but there are other sites that were also available around ours... we would love to have anybody who wants to join us~ so your friends are more than welcome! The more, the merrier! Happy to hear from you, and we will be there Thursday if you decide to come then! :)

Cheryl

brunomisty
02-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Hi Cheryl and Jim

We booked at Pine Grove several weeks ago for this weekend. Are you in the P and Q section of the campground ? Just looked at there new web page and there adding a lot of new camp site. I will call to see if we can move to the rally section. Let us know if we can help

The picture by are user name was taken at Pine Grove several years ago

Wayne

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi Wayne,

that's exactly where we are! P and Q. That is a nice loop at the back of the campground. Jim and I actually have the P35 site. We also secured F68 which we can use as the 12th site should we have that many owners want to attend. There were also other sites available around there but Jim and I thought these 12 looked the best.

Thanks!
Cheryl:)

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 06:44 AM
In fact, Jim and I are going to camp there in June...just to get to know the place a bit better before August.

Cheryl

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 06:47 AM
There is excavating going on to the right of the entrance....lady says new pull-throughs going in there....will be ready for May.... Jim and I are going up in June to camp...we'll get a better feel for the place and be comfortable by August.

Cheryl

Chickie
02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
None
Cheryl and Jim,

We were able to confirm our reservation this morning. We are assigned to site 40 in the P Loop. It is a back in site. We check in on 13 June.

We will attend our very first Rally with the Heartland International Rally in Indiana. And the Rally you are hosting will be our second.

This is exciting and we look forward to meeting everyone.

Thank you.

JWalker
02-09-2009, 12:59 PM
We are in. Made reservations this morning. Site Q44. We are going to arrive on Thursday. This is our first rally. Please, let us know what we need to do. We are looking foward to meeting everyone. Sounds like this is a nice campground with lots to do. Can't wait!

brunomisty
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
On Friday and Saturday evenings , A local farmer comes through the campground selling fresh produce and homemade pies . DW is hooked on the apple pies :)

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Chickie, did you mean check in is August 13th? You wrote 13 June! Just checking...you made me nervous that you booked the wrong date! :confused:

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey you two!!! Looking forward to seeing you in August!

Chickie
02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Oh, sorry I meant Aug 13th not June 13th. Thank you for looking out for us. Regards

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Yay! Thank you Chickie!:):D

Smokeyfl
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Cheryl and Jim,

Been reviewing your posts and Donna (wife) and I (insignificant other)would like to join you at the rally. We do not have a chapter in Maryland, but I grew up in Bucks County, PA and love the area you picked. I am going to call tomorrow to register. Thanks for putting this together. Let us know what we can do to help.

jnbhobe
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Cheryl & Jim; Just made our reservations at Pine Grove for 8/13 thru 8/16. they put us on site Q-46. Keep in touch, let us know what we can do to help. Patti & Jon :cool::cool::cool:

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the rally! We'll be happy to have you!!! Let me know what site you get...I am keeping a list~! :)

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh, the above post was for the Bucks county native...Donna and hubby.

Patty and John, I've added you to the list! That's great!:)

hertzberg
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Cheryl and Jim,

Denise called today and booked a site for Fri, Sat and Sunday, Aug 14-17. This weekend comes on the tail end of a 2 week camping trip for us. We'll be coming in from Northern Michigan on the way home. Really looking forward to it - thanks for putting it together!! Let us know if we can help.

Bob and Denise

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Bob and Denise! Great to hear from you! Which site did you get??? :)

hertzberg
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Cheryl, not sure - the email confirmation didn't indicate which site. I'll check and let you know.

dieselsweetheart
02-09-2009, 10:05 PM
ok, thanks!

C.:)

bill40
02-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Cheryl & Jim,
We just received our conformation, Jer and I look foward to meeting you all. If you need anything let us know. Bill

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 06:31 AM
HI Bill, Jerry, and Izzy...did you get a site number yet? Glad to hear you are attending!:)

Cheryl

truknutt
02-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Cheryl & Jim,

We just made our reservations with Twin Grove KOA for 13-16 Aug. We will be in Slot Q-54. Looking forward to the first PA Rally!

Dave & Nona

bill40
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Cheryl & Jim
Just called we will be in Q52.

Smokeyfl
02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Made reservations today, arriving on the 12th so we can see some of the local sights before the official start of the rally. Please let me know of anything we can do or bring. With the toy hauler, bringing a full size gas grill is not a problem. We are in site Q60. The lady at the reservation desk was great! This is our first rally, so don't know what to expect.
The campground looks great and they have a lot going on.
Thanks for setting this up and letting us "outsiders" attend.

John & Donna

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Welcome Dave and Nona! Happy to have you and thanks for confirming your site! :)

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome John and Donna! There is a lot to see in that area...and Hershey is not far... there is an Antique Auto Museum too that is very nice in Hershey... great to have you!!!:)

JWalker
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Cheryl,

I work at a dairy production plant that makes all sorts of dairy products, which includes, everyones favorite "Ice Cream." If you would like, I can load up a few flavors and we can have an ice cream social. All we would need is some cones or toppings.

We plan on arriving Thursday, but Dry Ice will hold ice cream for over 48 hours. Let us know.

Thanks
Jamie

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Hi Jamie,

Ice cream would be fabulous! That is Jim's favorite food! Thanks for offering and we'll look forward to it...

Now we should plan on the goodies that go with the ice cream.... sprinkles, waffle cones, etc.... yum!:p

JWalker
02-10-2009, 07:34 PM
We produce around 50 flavors, so put in your requests.

Jamie

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone! We are doing great with the amount of folks wanting to attend! We're thrilled! We had secured 12 spots but don't worry... we can get more! I think we are up to 9 already! When we get up to 10 I will call the "lady" and get a few more~

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Jamie I am a chocolate chip cookie dough person. Jim loves it all...but he says black raspberry is good!

dieselsweetheart
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM
What I will do closer to rally time...is post a menu for sign-ups. So think about your favorite dishes...

hertzberg
02-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Cheryl and Jim,
Our site is Q-58. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Bob and Denise

dieselsweetheart
02-12-2009, 06:47 AM
HI Bob and Denise...thanks for posting your site #. I've added you to my list! Have a great weekend... when is your first camp-out? We are headed out mid-April to Lum's Pond in DE.

C. :)

dbylinski
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
We have just joined the owners group. Now, to get involved! We live in Jersey so the PA rally sounds like a blast! I will be calling for reservations tomorrow so I'll let you know I make out.

dieselsweetheart
02-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi John and Debbie! Happy to have you and welcome to the group! Let me know which site you get... I am keeping tabs. We are going to have a nice group. As for what we do... we aren't sure...but food is involved so you know it will be a good time! We are going to the "big rally" in June... so we'll be seasoned till we get back from that!

dbylinski
02-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I called today and we are in P-15. We will arrive early evening on the 13th. Looking foward to this and can't wait to meet everyone.

bill40
02-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Goodmorning Cheryl & Jim,
I heard from Fred (Flyfish4m) the other night he and his daughter will be there at site R22. Looks like we are getting a good group together.

rckc228
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
How many sites are still available.

dieselsweetheart
02-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Bill & Jerry, when is Fred arriving???

dieselsweetheart
02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Rckc228... at last count we had 4 left....but heard from the Big Kahuna (Jim B) that he is also going to join us...so we need to give him a site....that may leave 3, but we can get more....

Let's beat Virginia's rally!!!!! We are on a roll to get everyone here in Pa to come to our rally!

Just give the nice lady at the KOA a call and secure a site!!! Then let me know~

dieselsweetheart
02-20-2009, 04:53 PM
John and Debbie! Gotcha! Thanks for letting me know!

boatto5er
02-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Beat Virginia!!???:eek: No way;). Sounds like you guys are going to have a great outing. I'd actually love to come up and join you, but we will be camping at Myrtle Beach for a week during your rally.

Gus

bill40
02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Bill & Jerry, when is Fred arriving???
I check but I think it was friday.

dieselsweetheart
02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Ha~ Virginia we'd love to have you when you can make it another time! Have a great time at Myrtle...I have a friend camping there this summer too...sounds like a nice place. Jim and I have "time-shared" there, but not camped.... nice area!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Thank you Bill...I have Fred penned in for the 14th...

Anyone else up for the rally?? I believe there are 3 sites left.... talked to "the lady" yesterday...

phranc
02-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi all..
We will coming down from Binghamton to join in. Sounds like it's going to be a great weekend .We (Sandy and Frank) have site F76.. We've never stayed at this CG , It seems to be nice...Oh yes site F76

dieselsweetheart
02-26-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Sandy and Frank! Happy to have you! When will you be arriving?? Thanks for posting your site, that's a new one I had reserved for us... I think now we're down to 2.... but I'm sure the lady has more should we get more interest!!!!

Cheryl

phranc
02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Thurs is the plan .. subject to change of course .. Seeing as we do not have a NY chapter , we thought we would join ya'll.. .. Actually Pine Grove is not that far ..

boatto5er
03-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey Diesel or diesel'sweetheart. This was posted on another thread. They're looking for a chapter to join. Sounds like you might be right up their alley.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3998&goto=newpost

Gus

Freckles
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
The worry is over we are #12 on campsite p25 Greg & Beth from Norwich, Ny. Looking forward to our first Rally.

brunomisty
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Put us down for Thur 13 on site J48

dieselsweetheart
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Wayne, I've got you in! Thanks so much for signing up!!None

dieselsweetheart
03-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Greg and Beth...gotcha down!! Thanks! Stayed tuned~None

dieselsweetheart
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Gus, thanks for the info on the person looking for a chapter and a rally...I used your link and sent them a message!

dieselsweetheart
03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone, just to let you know..it looks like there are 15 of us for the PA rally~ a great gathering!!! If there is anyone else you know who would like to join us..tell them to give "the lady" a call before the end of March. I believe all of the sites that Jim and I chose are given out...(I think there may be one left next to us)...but there are more sites available... tell your friends not to hesitate~ pick up the phone TODAY!!

boatto5er
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Gus, thanks for the info on the person looking for a chapter and a rally...I used your link and sent them a message!

You're very welcome! By the way, we have 19 rigs signed up for our Apr rally:), but it looks like you will be able to catch and pass us on turn-out. Our campground has filled up, with all other spaces reserved. Bummer...:(. Everyone wants to get out the first of April!

dieselsweetheart
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM
You're right...the bug to get out is beginning to bite! I am starting to get everything ready to put back into the BIGHORN...we go out in 4 weeks down to Lum's Pond in DE! Can't wait!!:)

dieselsweetheart
03-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone...time is winding down to reserve sites at Pine Grove...actually, I think all but 1 site that Jim and I picked out are gone...but if you know of anyone else who wants to join us please let them know to call this week to get in on a space for our August get-together! I have everyone up to date on my list so newcomers, please post info for me!

Thanks!

Freckles
03-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Hello : The nice Lady that works in the office that I talk with was named "Ookie" . Ookie and her husband Chuck make their home in a Heartland Big Country 5er. They are also looking forward to the rally and were unaware of the forum.:D

dieselsweetheart
03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Freckles...Ookie did tell me when I called that they were Heartland owners and in fact, Jim and I noticed their Big Country there when we were checking out the sites...at the time we didn't know it was hers..but we had said we would go and knock on the owner's door and invite them over...seems we found the owner!!

Time is up to get a site that Jim and I arranged...although I don't think there was but one original site left...but...should you know of anyone interested in joining us please tell them to give Ookie a call!!!

Thanks and have a great week!:)

dieselsweetheart
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Now that April 1 has arrived, I thought I would let you all know how many people we have signed up for the PA rally~ Jim and I are happy to have had so many responses! As of today, we have 17 owners (including Jim and me) booked! We didn't beat Virginia...but for our first rally we did very well. Oh, as I am writing this, I forgot..my sister in law gave me someone's business card...I think THAT person is interested~ so....we might just get to 18! I'll need to jump on that right away....

So, what's next? Stay tuned! The biggest part (getting everyone a site) is taken care of. Next comes a food menu and an activities list. Jim B. will be there so he will hold court (haha, got that Jim?) for all of you folks who want to talk Heartland. (Us ladies will find something good to do too!)

Have a great week and I'll be in touch!

boatto5er
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
You guys are doing a great job Cheryl. I like to think of our chapters as being in coopertition with each other:). And you get extra points for getting Jim B there!

mrnextstep
04-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Hey Jim,

We won't be able to make the Rally this year... Hope it's a success.. I noticed your post from an 717-865#... We're fellow Heartlander's also from the Fredericksburg area, but hanging out here in Wisconsin Dells, WI in our 2009 Cyclone 3912....

Later

Chris & Anglea

2008 Ford F450 with DPF Ugh
2009 3912 Cyclone loaded down with all sortza stuff

dieselsweetheart
04-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Hello everyone!! Happy Easter!

I just called the campground to check on any sites left for people just logging on and having an interest in joining our rally. I was told that there are 4 sites with full hook-ups about a "block" away from our area. So... if you know of anyone who wants to join the rally, please have them call the campground ASAP. The information is on the front page of the rally thread.

Enjoy your weekend~ we are headed out for the first time this season next w/e to LUMS POND in DE.

dieselsweetheart
04-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you Gus! Ding ding ding... (what's that?) That's the sound of extra points!!

boatto5er
04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey Diesel and Sweetheart,

If you don't mind, Debra and my plans for August have changed so we'd like to join you for your rally. I checked the CG website tonight and it looks like there are still sites available. Too late to call this evening, but I'll call first thing Tuesday morning.

Too late to say no now. I talked to the Campground this morning - we'll be "shoehorned" into site I-58 (better practice my tight quarters backing). We'll arrive on Thursday, Aug 13.

Gus and Debra

dieselsweetheart
04-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Gus, happy to have you!!! See you on the 13th! Stay tuned for future notices!

dieselsweetheart
04-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Jim,

We won't be able to make the Rally this year... Hope it's a success.. I noticed your post from an 717-865#... We're fellow Heartlander's also from the Fredericksburg area, but hanging out here in Wisconsin Dells, WI in our 2009 Cyclone 3912....

Later

Chris & Anglea

Hi Chris! Sorry you can't join us this year... but there's next time! Have a great RV season!!

dieselsweetheart
06-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Hello everyone! It's JUNE! Jim and I are getting ready to leave this week for Goshen, IN and the "big rally"... I thought I would go ahead and post menu ideas for our rally in August. I thought we would have our big community meal on Saturday...everyone will be in and settled by then. At the Goshen rally, everyone is bringing a "pot" to share... I think it might be easier to break it down into sections...especially since we are all in contact with each other here.

So, let's break our meal offerings down into "main meals" (which include your crock pot, BBQ (someone has a smoker), anything made on a grill...etc... you get the idea. Then we can go with side dishes..which include vegetables, potatoes, salads, etc. Next we have any type of appetizer dish...which can include things such as a vegetable tray, nachos..anything munchy...drinks can fit into this category too.
Desserts can round out the meal...and I don't have to describe desserts!!

Jim and I are getting there on Thursday. Friday and Sat AM we will have a quick continental b-fast... coffee, tea, danish... those types of things if you'd like to stop by and say hello!

I guess that's it for now. Please post your offerings for the Saturday evening meal so we can avoid duplicates.

Thanks so much and we'll bring a report back from Goshen next week!

bill40
06-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Jeri said how about we bring some redskin potato salad and a pasta salad and a dessert of some kind? Not sure how many people coming but I think its about 36+. If you have a final total let me know.

dbylinski
06-07-2009, 01:08 PM
We are arriving on Wednesday late evening. Our "main meal" contribution will be stuffed cabbage if that's ok with everyone. My DH is a great polish cook!!! I'm excited and anxious to meet all of you!

dieselsweetheart
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I have 18 RVs signed up so I imagine that will be at least 36 people attending. I will keep a running menu of items as people offer them. Then I will post what I have every few weeks...just to keep it current. Thanks to those who have responded!!

Chat soon!

Smokeyfl
06-08-2009, 05:29 PM
We are coming up on Wednesday. We will bring a grill so will cook BBQ chicken. Anyone else can make use of it as well.

boatto5er
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Debra and I are planning on arriving on Thursday. For the pot luck, I actually haven't consulted with DW yet:eek:, but I'm sure she'll bake a cake:).

dieselsweetheart
06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks John, Donna...Gus and Debra...

brunomisty
06-10-2009, 05:05 AM
We will arriving on Thursday afternoon. I`ll have to see what the DW wants to bring for the pot luck dinner Saturday evening.

We will be up at Pine Grove this weekend camping :)

dbylinski
06-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Change of plans. The Boss freed up vacation time so we extended our stay. Will be arriving on Saturday 8/8 and staying through the week to take in the sites.:cool:

dieselsweetheart
06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
John and Debbie...great idea to take in the sites around the area! Let me know if you need anything....Hershey is full of things to see and do...there is the Antique Auto Museum in Hershey on Rt 39... it's a fairly new building and looks nice from the outside (haven't been there yet, but it's on my list!)... The Outlets are in Hershey (Hersheypark Drive, take 81 S from campground to 743S and that will take you to Hersheypark Dr... turn right onto HP drive and everything is down there)...

The casino is exit 80 on 81 if you like slots (like me!)

Let me know what else you are interested in...

dbylinski
06-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Cheryl, The Car Museum is right up John's alley! I'm sure he'll drag me along but if "he's happy, I'm happy". Living 25 minutes from Atlantic City we have learned to stay away from the slots as a matter of survival. Just to be on vacation, laying in a hammock and relaxing would be tops on our list! You have been so helpful and we both appreciate your efforts.None

dieselsweetheart
06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Debbie, my pleasure!! Let me know if I can help you out in any way to make your stay here more fun!

dieselsweetheart
06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Wayne, how was Pine Grove this weekend?

brunomisty
06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Cheryl,

Pine Grove as nice and clean, the staff was friendly and the pulled pork platter at the restaurant was Great . Look forward for Aug now :)

dieselsweetheart
06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Happy to hear that Wayne!! Thanks for the report... I make a mean pulled pork so I'll have to have a dual with the restaurant...!

jbeletti
06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Happy to hear that Wayne!! Thanks for the report... I make a mean pulled pork so I'll have to have a dual with the restaurant...!

Whoa! I hope you are bringing that to your rally :D

dieselsweetheart
06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes sir I am!! :-)

truknutt
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
There's that jbeletti guy hovering around in wait and then BAM there he is when food is mentioned!!

Quick question -- Does he ever wear long pants or shoes with laces? :rolleyes:

boatto5er
06-17-2009, 08:19 PM
There's that jbeletti guy hovering around in wait and then BAM there he is when food is mentioned!!

Quick question -- Does he ever wear long pants or shoes with laces? :rolleyes:

Only adults do that. We kids all wear shorts and laceless shoes!:D

dieselsweetheart
06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Gus, one of our PA'rs mentioned having a regional rally sometime...east of the Mississippi and north of the Mason Dixon...but that might just leave the original PA'rs...so we'll have to work out better boundaries. I think it might be an idea worth tossing around...

jbeletti
06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks Gus for having my back :)

Hey TN, you called it right! Pretty sure I have a food addiction. Love to eat. And I was in good company at the (Mark!, Tom!, Bob!, Bill!) - love it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, the shoes was just lazy. Gotta remove them quickly and easily before I enter the RV :D

Shorts? Hey, I get paid to wear those. Just glad I don't work for a Scottish company (K2!) :eek:

brunomisty
06-18-2009, 04:50 AM

We will be looking foward to the pulled pork in Aug MMMMMMMMMM

bill40
06-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Boy I glad Gus cleared that up thought I was going to have to pack a tie that would go with my tee shirt.

dieselsweetheart
06-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Trucknutt... better shorts then a kilt...thought I'd throw that in...Jim had mentioned it too..

truknutt
06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh man, one kilt this month was quite enough!!! Thank the big man upstairs that there were blue bloomers underneath!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-18-2009, 04:50 PM
You know it, brother!

boatto5er
06-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Does that mean I should leave mine in Virginia? (Just kidding:D - maybe)

dieselsweetheart
06-18-2009, 09:18 PM
It was a sight to behold, that's for sure. I'm betting there's not another one like it..;)

dieselsweetheart
06-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Hello everyone...just a reminder to think about a food contribution to the dinner on Saturday night... I have heard from a few attendees but it's been awhile since offers were posted. I am keeping a list for main dishes, side dishes, appetizers, and desserts.

Thanks!

truknutt
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Does that mean I should leave mine in Virginia? (Just kidding:D - maybe)

By all means LEAVE IT IN VA! Our eyes are still burning from the sight of it! I'll never be able to look at another plaid skirt and not remember that horrific sight!! :eek:

What was he thinking, there were children in the room?!!! :rolleyes:

hertzberg
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi Cheryl,

We're really looking forward to the rally. I'll bring my Bradley smoker and will smoke up a mess of baby back ribs. My dry rub recipe is said to be the best this side of Memphis.

Hope you guys had a good time at the big rally. We wished we could have been there, but we've been pretty busy. See you in August!! We'll be there Friday afternoon, coming in from a family reunion in Michigan.

Bob and Denise

porthole
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
We don't have a trailer (sold our TT) and we don't have a VIN yet so we are not HOG members (we do and we are) - but - this campground looks nice and we have stayed at other KOA's, always enjoyable.

In anticipation of our Cyclone actually making the assembly line on July 13th as scheduled, I made a reservations for your rally weekend.

With any luck we will be "breaking in" (seems like a bad comment :confused: ) our new Cyclone 3010 during your event.

I booked 08/13-18 for starters. I did it online so I don't have a site locked in but the only "available" sites were in the back I think in the groups area.

Fingers crossed and maybe we'll meet you guys.

dbylinski
06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Duane & Debbie,

Hope your rig is ready! We'll see you there. BTW, went to the link you sent me and we have so much in common!:cool:

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Duane and Debbie... I think you will be near us if you are in the "group site"... Great!!! We are happy to have you!!! Jim and I are headed there Thursday for a 3 night stay (it's their holiday and there was a 3night minimum... there will be fireworks, and Ookie said they are the best!)

So, Jim and I will be scoping out the campground and make plans for August!

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi Bob and Denise! We had a fantastic time at the "big" rally!! Please arrange to come next year...it's going to be in Nashville in July... we really had a great time and everyone is sooooooooooooooooooo nice....can you imagine...there were 123 rigs...so that means about 250 people!!! It was amazing!!

Thanks for the smoker! I gotcha down!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone.... my roster didn't post as neat as I hoped so if anyone has any questions about it or additions please let me know...

thanks...and maybe Jim B will step in to fix my info!

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2009, 06:05 PM
oh, see the first page for the roster...first message..

dieselsweetheart
06-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Ok, here are the food offerings...we got some new offerings since the page was submitted...

Cheryl and Jim, (us) penne pasta and chicken in vodka sauce, pulled pork BBQ

Patty and Jon, cheesy potatoes (I've had them, and they are scrumptious!)

Bob & Denise, smoker and baby-back ribs

Bill and Jerry, redskin potatoe salad, salad, and a dessert

John and Donna, BBQ chicken

John and Debbie, stuffed cabbage

Wayne and Quinn, macaroni salad, chips, fudge

Gus and Deb, dessert...pie or fresh fruit

That's what I have up till today. Please submit your offerings when you decide.

Thanks!

porthole
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Hope your rig is ready! We'll see you there. BTW, went to the link you sent me and we have so much in common!:cool:

Well if I heard correctly (cell phone - Staten Island Expressway :eek: )
we will be in P-80, which I do not see on the map ...........

OK - which link did I send you?

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello all, Jim and I are back from the w/e in Pine Grove...rally site... what a beautiful campground (new owners really showing their pride in their investment)... I tried to post yesterday and it wouldn't go through...so I am only writing this much for now...frustrating to write so much in a report only to not have it go through...twice!!!!

Are there going to be any children at our rally??? Can I have a show of hands please?? This is a GREAT place for them too!!!

More later! (with pics)

jbeletti
06-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Some say I act child-like at times :) Looking forward to this rally.

Jim

boatto5er
06-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Glad you had a good time. We plan on bringing our 5 year old grandson so Jim will have someone to play with:D.

dieselengineer
06-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Jim, There is a nice carousel with horses on a pole. Make sure you pack your Cow Bell.

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone! Here's a report from the KOA Pine Grove. Did you get the idea from my earlier post that we liked the place? It's very nice...lots of pretty landscaping..even at the sites there are flowers and plants. These owners are new (last July) and they have sunk a lot of $$$ into this place to make it look nice for their guests. They have a lot of employees...our guess for a number at any one time had to be about 20-25 yellow shirts throughout the grounds and in the store/registration. Everyone is so friendly...and Ookie was there at the desk (she is a Big Country owner so I invited her to the rally)...

Bathrooms....super clean!!!! ((For when hubby asks "you done with the toilet?" (prior to the big flush) and you aren't really, but you feel you need to be...))

Your escort to your site is by a person on a SEGWAY. They must have more than a dozen segways there...in fact, for $25 you can have an hour lesson plus an hour tour through the woods on your segway... Jim (hubby) is going to do that next time~!

We tried out the restaurant the first evening we were there. Good food. I got to spin the "wheel of chance" for free food or a % off...I got the "get a hug from a kitchen employee" spot...so the cook gave me a hug. He was clean, not greasy either!

The place is new. I mentioned this in my original post back in February. We think the campground existed before as Twin Grove but then these people bought the KOA franchise. There is much to do, with an activity sheet handed out upon check-in. The pool is very nice...so bring your suits (and sunscreen!)... there is a small amusement park for the kids (and kids at heart ahem! JB)... ferris wheel, ball bouncer, air slide...etc (see my pics)... plus an arcade gallery, mini-golf, a recreation building..(brush up on your ping pong skills, hubby and I have been practicing!)...arts and crafts for the kids...ceramics... so much to do there for families...there is a train also for the kiddies (and grown-ups) that goes around the campground. For 2 tickets (roughly $1.50) you get to ride around the campground and wave to everyone sitting out by their campers... a fun time for everyone!! Oh, I almost forgot...and a Dunk Tank!!!! Hmmm....

The area is not bicycle friendly as it's stone...not asphalt...good for rigs but not good for me who likes to bike... so you can leave your bikes at home...

We walked around to do an inspection of the sites and found everyone's site to be in good shape (except for one), but Ookie helped us exchange that site and we are good to go.

We have reserved the remaining pavilion available (good thing I asked when I did) so we will have a nice place for our potluck dinner on Sat. See photos of the "Clambake" pavilion..

There were fireworks there last night that rival ANY fireworks elsewhere. We had heard from Ookie that they were awesome...and they were!!!! This just goes to show that these owners are a class act.

We will have our Heartland name on the marquis for all to see....

Oh, I found 3 other Heartland owners (Ookie makes 4)... found a Sundance (from Pa), and 2 North Trails (one from TX and the other from York, Pa) All very pleased with their product..and no one had heard of the forum or that we have an owner's club...so, I gave them all Heartland business cards (that I got at the big rally) with the website on it and told them all about the "family" and how much fun the rally was in Elkhart. All were excited to learn about the forum and will check it out...in anticipation of making new friends and attending future rallies. I'm betting the one guy (Sean, with the North Trail) will stop in during our rally, even though he can't bring his RV at that time...just to meet everyone...

So, have I mentioned it all??? We liked this place so much we are going to reserve this w/e again next year..which is their holiday w/e with the fireworks...

I will post better directions (we found a shorter route for you north-bounders... soon...

Chat later!!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 05:48 PM
To see my pictures from the KOA Twin Grove...rally site.... go to the main page, click on Tools, then HOG (the photo gallery)...click under my name. I have some pics from the Goshen rally there as well...

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 05:50 PM
oh, one more step....when you get to the albums page, on the left hand side you need to click on Users Albums. I am under there.

boatto5er
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Our friends, the Hills, are going to be there the weekend of the rally (arriving Thursday). They will bring a casserole of some type to the pot luck. Also, they will have grandson 5, and granddaughter 7, with them.

Gus and Debra

JWalker
06-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Gus,
We are glad to hear that there will be other kids there. Our Daughter, 7, was afraid that she was going to be the only one. Now she will have someone else to hang out with, not just the boring old parents.

Jamie, Ginger & Madison

jbeletti
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Jim, There is a nice carousel with horses on a pole. Make sure you pack your Cow Bell.

Fun! But I might spill my margarita on the carousel depending on how fast you're spinning it :eek:

JWalker
06-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Cheryl,

We are planning to bring rigatoni w/meat sauce and chips and dip. If something else would be better, please let us know, we're flexible.

Thanks
Jamie

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Jamie, I sent you a private message...you will fit perfectly into the site beside us. The rigatoni sounds great! I will add you to the list!

Thanks!!!

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, we are good on the main dishes I believe....how about some sides, and some desserts.... would someone bring a couple of cases of water?

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart
06-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I am working on a scavenger hunt for the kids. Also, they will enjoy the pool and the amusement park...and the crafts...

truknutt
06-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Jamie, I sent you a private message...you will fit perfectly into the site beside us. The rigatoni sounds great! I will add you to the list!

Thanks!!!

Hey no fair! You're just trying to block me from getting to Jamie's ICE CREAM!!!! :mad:

boatto5er
06-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey no fair! You're just trying to block me from getting to Jamie's ICE CREAM!!!! :mad:

Sounds fair to me:p - gives the rest of us a chance to get there first!:D

iforget
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
It is not P-80.

Duane and I will be parked in F-80 with our new toyhauler! At least we better have it by then or there is going to be a very cranky redhead sitting there!! Duane and I look forward to meeting everyone and be prepared as we bring our own petting zoo.
I will be making shrimp toasts for our dinner on Saturday as they always are enjoyed by everyone.

Well if I heard correctly (cell phone - Staten Island Expressway :eek: )
we will be in P-80, which I do not see on the map ...........

OK - which link did I send you?

dieselsweetheart
06-29-2009, 07:15 PM
LOL Truckie...just saw your note...I hope Jamie doesn't forget his PROMISE of ice cream since he volunteered Ginger's rigatoni! And so true..we DID put them beside us because while you are not watching, we are going to SNEAK over and get all the ice cream for ourselves!!!

I'm thinking we will get Jamie a bell, and when it's ice cream time he can jingle it, we can line up, and he can pass cones out through the hole in the door. Just like the real ice cream man!

dieselsweetheart
06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi iForget...I sent you a PM.

boatto5er
06-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Our friends, the Hills, are going to be there the weekend of the rally (arriving Thursday). They will bring a casserole of some type to the pot luck. Also, they will have grandson 5, and granddaughter 7, with them.

Gus and Debra

Correction, Our friends will bring a dessert (probably a pie of some type).

Gus

brunomisty
06-30-2009, 01:22 PM
We will be bring some firewood for a rally campfire one night :rolleyes:
Just need a central location or a Big site

dieselsweetheart
06-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi Wayne, there is a big site made by the triangulation (wow, big word) of 3 sites... Q 54, Q 58, and F 76. We own all those sites...so that will be a great place to have the rally fire... it's in the heart of all of us... LOL Heartland....

dieselsweetheart
06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Gus, gotcha on the pie or other dessert from your friends...those are the ones in K35?

boatto5er
06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Gus, gotcha on the pie or other dessert from your friends...those are the ones in K35?

Hmm, I'm, not sure of their site number. When I get back from Minnesota I'll check.

iforget
07-07-2009, 06:05 AM
We are not traveling with little ones however we do travel with a few of our zoo critters which I know the children love to visit at all the camping sites we end up.
The two goldens, Misty and Molly are also known as the Jersey Shore Snobs. Not because they are snobs but because Jersey Girls have that title here in Wall, NJ.
Also, If you check out Duane's Picture (aka Porthole) you will see a pic of the big Blue and Gold Macaw named Cagney who always travels with us. He absolutely loves to entertain the children who visit as well as the furbutt goldens.

So feel free to stop by if you run out of things to do. However, it looks like Pine Grove is not short on entertaining you children and grandchildren.

dieselsweetheart
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello everybody! I continue to update the food list as offers come in...so don't worry, I have you down if you've written to me. I am headed to Phoenix on the 12th to graduate in the big graduation there at the stadium. I just finished my master's degree in nursing back in November and have been looking forward to "walking" with the other graduates. When we return, I will post an updated list of food for the dinner...Freckles, I got ya... thanks!

Chat soon! and safe travels!!

Freckles
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
We will bring 3 cases of water and dessert . Looking forward to meeting you all .

boatto5er
07-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Cheryl,

The campground didn't give them a site number. I think they're going to be over in the new area though.

Gus

truknutt
07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Hello everybody! I continue to update the food list as offers come in...so don't worry, I have you down if you've written to me. I am headed to Phoenix on the 12th to graduate in the big graduation there at the stadium. I just finished my master's degree in nursing back in November and have been looking forward to "walking" with the other graduates. When we return, I will post an updated list of food for the dinner...Freckles, I got ya... thanks!

Chat soon! and safe travels!!

Alright, a real "paper-carrying" nurse! Now a professional can put the band-aids on our knees & elbows while we try our hand at those Segways in August!!

Congratulations, Nurse Sweetheart!! Remember your decorum when you hit the stage to receive your diploma...no flashing your hubby just for the photo-op!!

boatto5er
07-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Alright, a real "paper-carrying" nurse! Now a professional can put the band-aids on our knees & elbows while we try our hand at those Segways in August!!

Congratulations, Nurse Sweetheart!! Remember your decorum when you hit the stage to receive your diploma...no flashing your hubby just for the photo-op!!

:eek::eek::eek:

dieselsweetheart
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Funny Truckie... I'm just hoping I don't trip! Although the gowns nowadays are not full length...you never know what's on the steps or on the stage to trip someone up...then everyone can see you on the JUMBO tron... I'm excited because that's where MY Steelers won their championship...whoops, not UOP stadium...that's where the Cards have their home field...the super bowl was in Tampa...

And while my band-aid skills might not be perfect, I can tell you all the research studies that have been done on the effects of band-aid coverage vs. no coverage on wound healing. Yeppers, those are the kinds of things I know now since I have that very expensive piece of paper!

dieselsweetheart
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Gus, what are your friend's names again?? Are they the O'Brians?

jnbhobe
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Cheryl; congratulations on your masters, have a great trip to your graduation.See ya'll in august. Patti & Jon :cool: :cool: :cool:

boatto5er
07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Gus, what are your friend's names again?? Are they the O'Brians?

Hill, Bob and Stephanie (although I guess they could be the O'Brians if needed:D).

jbeletti
07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Cheryl - good for you! Congrats.

Jim

dieselsweetheart
07-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, I don't even have the Hills down! Hmmm... Ok, so who are the O'Brians??? I will have to double check....

whew, who thought it would be that difficult to keep a list...it's all the code names I'm tellin' ya!!!! ;)

dieselsweetheart
07-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Ok, can someone help me out? I have a Pat and Lena O'Brian coming to the rally on the 13th. I don't know if they are members or just friends of someone else coming. I do not have a site # for them. Can someone end the mystery so I can sleep at night?

boatto5er
07-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Don't feel bad Cheryl. We also have a mystery camper on the Campground's list of attendees for our Sept rally. Do you know anybody named Autwein?

dieselsweetheart
07-13-2009, 11:44 PM
No, No Autwein... I am thinking since I don't have a site # for them, I never communicated with them directly. I am thinking they are friends of someone's who is in the club...guess I'll find out in August!

boatto5er
07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Trucknutt posted this on another forum thread:

"I will be observing your band-aid application skills after Segway class!! :rolleyes:"

I can't wait to see you on the Segway. I, for one, will just be observing:D.

dieselsweetheart
07-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Hot, Hot, and HOT in AZ today...115! Never thought I'd long for 90 weather!

truknutt
07-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Hot, Hot, and HOT in AZ today...115! Never thought I'd long for 90 weather!

Ha, it's barely 70 right now in Chambersburg. We've had rain most of the day!! The grass is tan now!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

boatto5er
07-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Ha, it's barely 70 right now in Chambersburg. We've had rain most of the day!! The grass is tan now!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought that was its natural color in the summer:eek:!

truknutt
07-19-2009, 07:29 PM
I thought that was its natural color in the summer:eek:!

Nope, it's been BROWN and crunchy! :(

dieselsweetheart
07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone!

Back home and happy to be back in 80 degree weather, even if it is a bit more humid. We had a great week with the culmination being graduation and seeing my family in AZ during a reunion. Always hate to end a vacation..but always good to come home again too...

OK, let me work on the food list..I just have to add a few dishes offered by people...and oh! I found Pat and Lena O'Brian!!! Woohoo!!! So I need to PM them back too....

Back to work but I am off Thursday so I will finalize and publish the list!!

Have a great week, and I will post a few pictures in my album for viewing....

dieselsweetheart
07-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Name

Site

Checking in

Food

Cheryl and Jim

Q50

12 Aug

Penne chicken and vodka sauce, pulled pork

Jamie, Ginger and Madison

Q48

13 Aug

Rigatoni, chips, dip

Patty and Jon

Q46

13 Aug

Cheesy potatoes

Bob & Denise

Q58

14 Aug

Babyback ribs

Bill, Jerry and Izzy

Q5
Redskin potato salad, salad, dessert

TrukNutt

Q54

13 Aug

Bruschetta, caprese salad

John and Donna (smokeyfl)

Q60

12 Aug

BBQ chicken

John and Debbie

P15

8 Aug

Stuffed cabbage

Fred and daughter (13)

R22

14 Aug

dessert

Jim Belotti

P35

13 Aug

Garden salad

Sandy and Frank

F76

13Aug

meatballs

Lynne and Dale

Q44

14 Aug

Greg and Beth (freckles)

P25

14 Aug

Water

dessert

Wayne, Quinn and taz

J48

13 Aug

Mac salad

Chips

fudge

Joe and Tammy

K35

seasonal

Baked beans, cake

Pat & Lena O’Brian

Unknown in proximity

13 Aug
Take a look at list and see what you think we could use!!!

Gus & Deb

I-58

13 Aug

Dessert, fruit or pie

Duane & Deb

F-80

13 Aug

Shrimp toasts, dessert

Bob and Stephanie Hill
I don't have any information for this couple

I think this is as complete a list as I have for now..... those of you who don't have a definite offering, just take a look at what we might need. I think we are pretty well covered in all areas... maybe table coverings, decorations, etc?
Chat soon, Jim and I are headed out today for a camping weekend!

dieselsweetheart
07-24-2009, 07:51 AM
After earning 2 degrees in an online program and having to submit numerous papers and powerpoint projects, it's really unnerving to me to have a presentation (food list) not line up properly to show....everything had to be perfect in school, and this list does not want to display perfectly for me....oh well...

porthole
07-24-2009, 08:00 AM
So when can we expect the PowerPoint?

Complete circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us?

boatto5er
07-24-2009, 08:24 AM
After earning 2 degrees in an online program and having to submit numerous papers and powerpoint projects, it's really unnerving to me to have a presentation (food list) not line up properly to show....everything had to be perfect in school, and this list does not want to display perfectly for me....oh well...

Don't feel bad:(, I had the same problems posting stuff for our rally - tried pasting a table, a spreadsheet - it all came out looking "funky"! I finally put a table into a PDF format and just attached the PDF file.:)

JWalker
07-29-2009, 07:40 PM
2 Questions:

#1- What is the best way to get to Pine Grove? We will be coming from Harrisburg on 81 north.

#2- Anyone else bringing kids or grandkids? Our daughter, 7, is always looking for other kids to hang out with.

Thanks
Jamie

dieselsweetheart
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone!!

Time for some directions!!!

If you are coming from the Harrisburg area...you are hopping on 81 North. Don't stop at the Hollywood Casino, but do take note that the casino is located at Exit 80 (Hershey, Rt. 743). (Ha, I know that exit well!)

But I digress.

81 North to Exit 90.... which is the Lickdale exit. (No jokes please)

You will see a LOVE'S gas station at that exit. Take Rt 72 North (which is a left turn at the light where the LOVE'S is)

72 North leads into 443. Follow that a few miles and the campground is on your left.

Not too difficult.

If you are coming from the north...so you are on 81 South...you'll want to take Exit 100 on 81. Get on 443 West to the campground on the right. (I think it's about a 10 mi. ride on 443 to the camp, so don't get nervous).

dieselsweetheart
07-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Here's what I have for kids attendance...

2- 5 yr olds, 2- 7 yr olds, and a 13 year old. I think out of that list there is one boy.

Do we have any other children coming??

dieselsweetheart
07-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Jim and I went to visit the only Heartland dealer in Pa. last evening. We spoke with the sales manager, told him about our rally...dates, location, how many attending, model types, etc. He seemed pretty interested.... he took my info and will talk to the dealer manager to see if they can do something for us....Jim suggested maybe having someone attend to talk about RV maintenance in general...you know...just to have someone from the dealership stop by to see us. So I will wait to hear from him...but like everything else...not holding my breath...

We are open to suggestions of "rally-type" activities. But here is what I have been planning:

The "I Can't Drive...55" Happy Birthday celebration for me! Stop by Thursday (if you are at camp) and join me in welcoming another year of living... cake for everybody!

"Meet and Greet" Stop by our site (Q 50) for breakfast (coffee, danish, etc) on Friday and Saturday AM 0830. Say hello to all the other folks who are sharing the weekend with you.

"Yard sale"... do you have items to sell? Travel games, books, RV items, etc. Set up your FOR SALE items next to your Heartland. Or, consider trading items!

"Scavenger hunt" (children's activity) I will have a list of items for the kids to find over the weekend...there will be prizes awarded at the Pot Luck dinner.

"Pot-luck dinner" Saturday evening at 6p at the Clambake pavilion. Set up and breakdown help appreciated. (See food list) One topic up for discussion and a show of interest is the plan for a Regional Rally in 2010.

"Pa trivia contest" At the dinner, couples will be given a chance to correctly answer questions about Pennsylvania (hey, that's where we are, sorry out-of-towners) Prizes for the top 3 scores will be awarded.

Jim and I are stuffing folders of local entertainment information that you will receive when you are settled at your site. Hershey has a lot to offer and is only about 15 mi. south (Rt 81 to 743E, exit 80) There is Hershey Park, Chocolate World (free ride through the simulated chocolate factory, a favorite of kids and a free chocolate sample at the end), Antique Auto Museum, the Hershey Story Museum (brand new as of February)....

Plus, the KOA has activities as well. I do believe there is an oldies band on Saturday night. Segway tours (learn how to ride a Segway (1 hr) and then a 45 minute tour around the campground and up into the woods on your Segway ($25)...

If anyone has any other ideas...something else you would like to do at the rally, drop me a note. I would welcome more workshop-type events, but since we only have that 1 dealer (and he is over an hour away), I'm not sure given our location what we can arrange.

As I mentioned in previous posts, Jim B will be joining us and he will have information on joining the Members Club...and will be more than happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have...

boatto5er
07-29-2009, 09:39 PM
2 Questions:

#1- What is the best way to get to Pine Grove? We will be coming from Harrisburg on 81 north.

#2- Anyone else bringing kids or grandkids? Our daughter, 7, is always looking for other kids to hang out with.

Thanks
Jamie

We're bringing our 5 year old grandson.

dieselsweetheart
07-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I had forgotten I wrote down more specific mileage when I drove to the campground in June...

from Exit 90 (on 81N).. 72 North goes 4 miles when it turns into 443East, and when you first get onto 72 north it is 6.7 miles to the campground on the left.

dieselsweetheart
07-30-2009, 08:55 AM
...and I did see horseshoes there at the Clambake Pavilion... so maybe a horseshoe competition?

boatto5er
07-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Cheryl,

Looks like they have a mini-golf course also. Then - there's always a paintball competition:eek::p.

dieselsweetheart
07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
ah yes, paintball... I'd have to bring my son (the paintbal player) along... and yes, they do have a mini-golf...and they also have a net up...so maybe some volleyball?

dieselsweetheart
07-30-2009, 07:53 PM
oh, don't forget the table tennis!

boatto5er
07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
oh, don't forget the table tennis!

Oh Boy! My favorite Olympic sport:D!

dieselsweetheart
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Bring a quarter for the ping pong ball. They sell them in a gumball machine.

boatto5er
07-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Bring a quarter for the ping pong ball. They sell them in a gumball machine.

That would explain why someone said the gumballs tasted funny and were a little brittle:eek:.

dnkdancer
07-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Hello all. I am new to the site as well as a new Heartland owner. We just purchased a 3010 Cyclone a few weeks ago and are ready to get out for a maiden voyage. Do you know if there are any sites available for next months rally??

jimtoo
07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi dnkdancer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. There are a great bunch of people here with all kinds of good information if you need any help. Just pick your area and ask away.

Someone will get back to you soon on the rally. I'll bet you can still get in.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

dieselengineer
07-31-2009, 09:37 PM
dnkdancer

The rally is at the Pine Grove /Twin Grove KOA

You may need to go to the new section, however they (campgound people) will help and get you in if they can.

Cheryl and Jim

porthole
07-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Do we have any other children coming??

Myself and our feathered and furkids

dieselsweetheart
08-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Dnkdancer. We did have a cancellation infortunately & the site was in our concentrated area. When you call, tell them about the open spot due to a cancellation and they should be able to put you there. I can't imagine them putting a non-rally rig in amongst all us Heartlands! Keep me posted!

dieselsweetheart
08-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Dnkdancer. We did have a cancellation unfortunately & the site was in our concentrated area. When you call, tell them about the open spot due to a cancellation and they should be able to put you there. I can't imagine them putting a non-rally rig in amongst all us Heartlands! Keep me posted!

dnkdancer
08-01-2009, 09:03 AM
I will give them a ring and let you know what they say..
If we can get in, we (wife, 2 kids and a lab) will be there. Thanks.

boatto5er
08-01-2009, 10:31 AM
dnkdancer,

Welcome to the Heartland family. Hope you're able to secure a spot for the PA rally. We'll be there and look forward to meeting you. There's a NJ chapter forming up also, and their new chapter leader (dbylinski) will be at the rally and is also a frequent forum user. You may want to contact her also about joining the NJ chapter.

Gus

porthole
08-01-2009, 12:20 PM
HA - another 3010 in New Jersey - maybe we lead the country already!

dnkdancer
08-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Well I called the campground and they already reserved the spot for someone else. I ended up getting a spot in the "new section" (A14) so we will be there but unfortunately not in the rally area. We will be arriving Friday night so we will see you then, looking forward to it.

dieselsweetheart
08-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Well you may not be in the rally area but you are certainly in the rally!!! Welcome!!! Our guys will sure to get on their Segways and come over to see you...!!!! Don't forget our pot luck dinner on Saturday...I have posted a list...
When you arrive on Friday you will see our Heartland signs...just follow them to get back to our area...although we will be on the look-out for all new arrivals!

Are you ok on the directions to get there??? Let me know if there is anything else you need!! What are the ages of your kids??

dieselsweetheart
08-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow, they gave away our Heartland spot already??? I wonder to whom??? Maybe someone else is coming I don't know about...or maybe it's a SOB?? Well we will have some fun, won't we???? :-)

porthole
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Why would they give up one spot in a group and not put an additional reservation in the new section. I'm sure as time draws near there may be a change or two in the status of all the people coming.

dieselsweetheart
08-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah I don't know why they were so quick to fill up one of our spots when they have the new area yet to be filled.... well...we might be surprised and find it's a Heartland in there....

dbylinski
08-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Cheryl, We decided to make our dessert Pineapple Pie! You can add that to your list. We waited for your list to post before choosing and then went off to Virginia in a hurry as my aunt passed away.:(

boatto5er
08-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Why would they give up one spot in a group and not put an additional reservation in the new section. I'm sure as time draws near there may be a change or two in the status of all the people coming.

Campgrounds do strange things as a normal way of business. We went to a local KOA a couple of weeks ago and tried to reserve a full hook up pull thru site - none available they said. So we got a back-in, water-electric only, that was a difficult back-in to say the least (but I love to test my skills occasionally:D). We sat there the whole weekend admiring:rolleyes: (or some other word) the empty full hook up pull thrus right across the street from us (didn't bother asking about them because I wasn't going to go through the trouble of moving after spending 20 minutes getting into my site).

dnkdancer
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Beats me? Im not sure that the young girl on the phone knew exactly what was going on since it took her 5 mins to figure out there was a rally there after i gave her all of the details. She said "are you sure it is here?"

My boys are 5 and 9. And then there is Zuku, my 9 month old freaky chocolate lab.

dieselsweetheart
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Debbie, gotcha on the pie!!! Yummy!

dieselsweetheart
08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Jim B suggested I call the Pine Grove and see what happened and if it was possible to move the person they booked into that site. I talked to "Bill" who said that the person who's going to be in that site is arriving on the 14th with a POP-UP. Ok, so no one will see him in there with all our BIG HORNS and such... and he'd better forget a view of the mountain with Dave's Cyclone blocking his way.... LOL

He said he'd check to see if he could move him, but apparently EVERY SITE is booked for that w/e. Well, DH and I are arriving on the 12th and we will see what we can do. Maybe someone out of the general population will have cancelled (ya know, sick kids, for example) and the pop-up can get moved.... if there's a way to arrange it you know I will!!!

dieselengineer
08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Beats me? Im not sure that the young girl on the phone knew exactly what was going on since it took her 5 mins to figure out there was a rally there after i gave her all of the details. She said "are you sure it is here?"

It appears that the 1-800 number goes to a general answer office located out of state if the campground is busy when you place the call. That is why they did not know about the rally. The people at the campground do know about the rally, I mean really know about the rally. Their number is on our speed dial :)

dieselsweetheart
08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I just talked to "Doug" who told me they would put a hold on the site occupied by the pop-up...if they cancel, it belongs to us!

dieselsweetheart
08-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Ya, I don't even have to introduce myself anymore...When my number shows up on their caller ID, I think they're like "OK, whose turn is it to talk to Cheryl Horst?"

Freckles
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
We have a goal , if the pop-up stays !! We can work on them all weekend so they come back next year to the rally in a Heartland RV !! :)

JWalker
08-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Does anyone know of any supermarkets or grocery stores in the area of the campground? We need to stock up on some things when we get there.

Thanks
Jamie

bill40
08-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Jamie,
There are several markets in Pine Grove, maybe several miles rom the CG. Try grocery markets in pine grove Pa. on Google, it list the stores and phone numbers also what they carry. We will probably do the same thing when we get there.

Flying Dutchman
08-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Cheryl, and all you fellow Pennsylvania Heartlanders,
Dorothy and I have had our August schedule re-arranged, so we will now see you next week at Twin Grove:). I just made reservations and as expected the rally sites were all booked, so we will be in the new RV area, site #A22:confused:. I have been assured that it will not be too far a walk, but we will see when we get there. We will arrive in the afternoon of 8/13 coming up from Appomattox, VA. We are really looking forward to meeting more of the Heartland family. We met some of you in Goshen, what fun that was. We will bring a dessert (cake or pie yet to be determined by DW) for the pot luck dinner. Let me know if anything else is needed.

dieselengineer
08-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey Freckles
I like your idea, maybe we should have the popup camper come to the pot luck dinner. ;)

boatto5er
08-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Welcome Eric,

I was afraid we would be the only Virginians there:eek:! It'll be great to see you again:). We're planning on leaving around 9:30 - 10:00 Thursday morning. I assume you'll hit I-81 and take it all the way up. We're tentatively planning on braving crossing the WW Bridge on I-95, go up to the Baltimore beltway, then take I-83 up. Then again, it's a little further (`30 miles), but with much less traffic, for us to take I-66 over to I-81 and up - coin toss right now but I'm starting to lean toward the western route.

You might want to check out the Segway rental for getting over to the rally area from the "A" area.

Gus and Debra

bill40
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Gus if it was me I would take 66 to 81, you could hit traffic on 695 should not be to bad on 83 after you clear Hunt Valley exit. Bill

boatto5er
08-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks Bill,

I think you're right about I-66/81.

See you next week.

Gus

truknutt
08-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Be careful on I-81 in WVa. Last week, north of Martinsburg to the Maryland line they were "GRINDING" the North & Southbound lanes in preparation for resurfacing. The 450 was wandering all over in those grooves. :mad:

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Jamie and Bill.... ask and you shall receive!

Here is a link to BG's store in Pine Grove. My girlfriend lives in Pine Grove and says this is the smaller of the 2 available...

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=BG+store+in+Pine+Grove+PA&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=7861240786957791884

Get set up at camp, then head out, make a left out of campground. (443 East). Take that (past I-81) and into the town of Pine Grove. BG's is off to the right past the red light in town (443 veers off to the right)...

For Bergers Store (which she says is bigger)...stay straight on 443 through town...instead of veering off to go to BG's...stay straight...go about a mile and you will see a HESS gas station on right. Make the right after the station onto Sweet Arrow Lake Rd. Go about another block, make a Right onto Lovers Lane... Bergers is on your right about 1/4 mi down the road....

Here is their link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Berger's+store+in+Pine+Grove+PA&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=15470443276717111126

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Also, when you check in, the KOA gives you a local, menu-like map with the different venders around the area...like the beverage place, the pizza place, the RV service place.. (not that you'll be needing THAT)...but the beverage place you might need...LOL

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
http://koa.com/where/sitemaps/38180.pdf

This is the link to the KOA to check out your sites... I am looking for A. Maybe that's the new area not on the map yet.

Dutch!! Happy to have you on board!!! Welcome! This is going to be a great time...

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 03:34 PM
21 rigs coming and who knows...we might have some add-ons...like the Dutchman! And yes, we're going to have to work on the pop-up guy... we all started out like that, right?? Gotta start somewhere~

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi everybody! Are you a member of the Heartland Owners Club???

If you are not yet a member of the Heartland Owners Club, Jim Beletti will be bringing Club Kits with him for those who wish to sign up at the rally. The cost is $60 and covers your dues for 3-years. Wouldn't it be awesome to get your kit then and there and display your engraved plaque at the rally!

Jim and I (and others!) will be proudly displaying our numbered plaques. Check us out!

porthole
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey Freckles
I like your idea, maybe we should have the popup camper come to the pot luck dinner. ;)

That would be the neighborly and proper thing to do.

porthole
08-04-2009, 04:25 PM
81 would be my preferred route - car - truck - camper or motorcycle. Just a better way.

Welcome Eric,

I was afraid we would be the only Virginians there:eek:! It'll be great to see you again:). We're planning on leaving around 9:30 - 10:00 Thursday morning. I assume you'll hit I-81 and take it all the way up. We're tentatively planning on braving crossing the WW Bridge on I-95, go up to the Baltimore beltway, then take I-83 up. Then again, it's a little further (`30 miles), but with much less traffic, for us to take I-66 over to I-81 and up - coin toss right now but I'm starting to lean toward the western route.

You might want to check out the Segway rental for getting over to the rally area from the "A" area.

Gus and Debra

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Hey there,

I am looking for a Bob and Stephanie Hill.... they are on my rally list..but I don't have any information on them.... does anyone know who they are???

Bob and Stephanie??? Are you Heartland owners or friends with a Heartland owner??

Clear up the mystery please!

dieselsweetheart
08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Gus, Bob and Stephanie are your friends... what do they have?? Are they Heartland owners? We're trying to get names for name badges...oh my...

I know how to do this job for NEXT year!!!! :-)

boatto5er
08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Cheryl,

Hope you got my PM. Bob and Stephanie are not Heartland owners:(. They have a Class A MH.

Gus

brunomisty
08-05-2009, 05:05 AM
On Fridays and Saturdays there`s a farmer that come through the campground with fresh produce and homemade pies. The apple pies are great ask the DW

dieselsweetheart
08-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone...

I hope all the rally-goers check in for updated information in the upcoming week...there are some folks I haven't had communication with since their reservations were made.... in this last week before the rally my job is to tie up any loose ends...answers questions.... directions are posted, stores are posted...pot luck food list completed...it's coming together!!

I also wanted to let you all know about one of our Heartland brothers who had plans to attend but had to cancel due to health reasons.... with Gary Meekins' (Chickie) permission, I am letting you know that he has been diagnosed with lung CA and will undergo a partial lung removal tomorrow (8/6). I am sending out a request for prayers and thoughts that ultimately his health will be restored and the news for him after surgery will be good. Gary welcomes all extra prayers... and I do believe in the power of prayer!!! So please think of him tomorrow as he undergoes his procedure.

Thanks everybody!

phranc
08-05-2009, 07:09 PM
say Boat to 5er .. Do you use '17' ? another alternate is 15 comes out in Harrisbug. I'm sure living down south of us you know the best way..
We are gearing up and getting ready. Leaving sat for a few days in Ohio before
going to rally.

boatto5er
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
say Boat to 5er .. Do you use '17' ? another alternate is 15 comes out in Harrisbug. I'm sure living down south of us you know the best way..
We are gearing up and getting ready. Leaving sat for a few days in Ohio before
going to rally.

I use US17 going South, but never have going North. US15 gets too hilly and winding for my tastes. I might do that if I didn't mind how long it takes me, but with a 5 year old along on the trip I want to get there as quickly as possible:).

bill40
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I haven't been down for a couple months but there was a lot of construction in and around Leesburg on 15, and it is only two lanes. Could be finished by now. You are right Gus the hills and turns are still there. Good road once you cross the river.There are cattle shoots on 15 just outside Camp Hill where you pick up 81 or 83 north. Not a problem unless you run into traffic. See you there. Bill

brunomisty
08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Just seen the 7 day forecast look like it going to be Hot and Nice next weekend

Freckles
08-07-2009, 06:40 PM
WOW !! Hard to believe at this time next week we will be at the Rally !! Looking forward to meeting everyone . Greg & Beth & are 2 four legged kids Ruffus & Tugger :D

Smokeyfl
08-07-2009, 07:28 PM
We took the week off, so are headed up to PA tomorrow to the Allentown KOA to visit our daughter and family. From there, it is just a short hop to the rally. This is our first rally and we are really looking forward to meeting everyone! We will be there Wednesday. Anyone else gets there early, come over and say hello. See you there!

John and Donna Dunning (Smokeyfl)

iforget
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
WOW !! Hard to believe at this time next week we will be at the Rally !! Looking forward to meeting everyone . Greg & Beth & are 2 four legged kids Ruffus & Tugger :D

Oh boy, now I am getting excited! Our first trip out with our new Cyclone and surrounded by our new Heartland friends! Who could ask for anything more?
Well maybe one more thing: a quick recovery for Greg! You will be in our thoughts.

I think I have to go outside and tell Duane (aka Porthole) to stop with all the modifications he is doing so we can start packing! I am sure he will be posting more pictures but the last modification really seemed like something that should be done automatically on the production line.. Imagine my surprise when I went outside last night and he had the couch all in pieces!! However, adding electrical outlets on both sides of the couch will make it much easier to plug in my laptop now.
Everyone have a safe trip to Pine Grove and we will see you there!

dbylinski
08-08-2009, 05:46 AM
[quote=Smokeyfl;82787]We took the week off, so are headed up to PA tomorrow to the Allentown KOA to visit our daughter and family. From there, it is just a short hop to the rally. This is our first rally and we are really looking forward to meeting everyone! We will be there Wednesday. Anyone else gets there early, come over and say hello. See you there!

We are leaving this morning so we'll be looking for you to arrive!:)

dbylinski
08-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Last thing to go in the truck is the kitties and the laptop! Bye, see Ya'll there!!! Cheryl, call me if you need anything!:D

bill40
08-08-2009, 08:19 AM
We will see you all on Monday, Izzy(our cat) is watching me load. Yep laptops are the last to go in.