Water Leak when using shower

navyAZ1

We have begun to see a water leak after using the shower. The water appears just above the "docking station" and always just after one of us has used the shower it drips into the basement storage. I can't seem to find where the water is coming from. I have checked the area around the drain in the shower and it is dry on the bottom side. I have caulked around the inside of the glass frame, and around the area where the clear plastic "grab bar" is located these are the only areas that I can think to check. I guess this could be a water line but it doesn't make sense that if it were a water line why would it only leak when the faucet is turned on, I would think if it were a water line or water line joint it would leak all the time, but we only get the water showing up after we have used the shower. It would appear that if this is a water line I will need to completely remove the shower to access the water lines behind it. Can anyone give me some ideas as to where I should look for the source of this leak.

Thanks,

Ron:confused:

Handy

A Florida camper
Water Water

I had the same thing going on in my Bighorn. I seen the water below under the shower. I removed the cover going the the water input to the shower and looked for leakes there but the water lines was dry. To make a long story short the leak was in the faucet where the flex line to the shower head comes out the top. There is a rubber washer in the faucet that is meant to keep the water out. The one in my faucet was no good and let the water go down the flex line through the hole and down it went to the basement. The fix for me was to take the faucet off and turn it upside down so the leaking hole is on the underside now and the flex line is on the botton. Seeing as water in the shower will not go uphill the leak is fixed.

Pulltab

I had to pull my faucet off and seal around it and also the access port if you have one, the flange on it did not have a gasket. I siliconed it and it has not leaked since.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
After dragging our unit around the country for almost a year, we had an ocassional leak on top of the faucet housing as well. Re-caulked and all is well. Was much harder to track down than fix. We also had a leak on the back side of the outside shower fitting. You'll have to remove the access panel to check that one. Another easy fix if you need to.

navyAZ1

Thanks All, now that you have said all of this I had wondered if it could be the faucet but it does have a gasket. So, I shall take your advice and check all that you mentioned and hope this is the fix, I think it will be this makes perfect sense. See y'all at the Rally.

navyAZ1

Hi All, we removed the faucet body cleaned it really well and caulked it around the seal and where the mixer valve comes thru. All is well no more leaks Wooooooo Hoooooo! Everyone should check their faucet where the mixer comes thru and the shower head hose screws on there is a large crack there and water just flows thru there easily very poor faucet design.

fyermn

I also have the problem of the shower leaking. I thought it may be from the drain(p-trap), but now I will look at the faucet connection.
It sounds like there are many with the problem, and maybe heartland should change manufactures, and make the problem right for us. At least, send out notices so that others will know what to do.
I am sure that their is only a small percentage of owners that look at the forums. To bad that all Heartland brand owners are not on these forums, then we would learn of all the problems from everyone.