The big rig is in our driveway

Princess Kathleen

Took delivery on our Ford 350 diesel, dually, 4x4, crew cab, wedge wood blue with gray interior Thursday...had to go back to dealership to get the remote working, but it is wonderful....

It beat the grandbaby...now we can travel up to Montreal in style....hope the baby gets here before the GC :)

The first of May we take delivery on the Grand Canyon :D

PK

v92c

Texan
Congrats on the truck, I bet it is getting harder and harder to wait on the new coach now that the truck is in the driveway. And a new grand daughter too. You are truly blessed.

Tony

M

mary anne

Ford F350 Dually Diesel

Congratulations on the new truck!

We are thinking of purchasing the same truck (Lariat). We're a little worried about the "engine/transmission braking system" that comes on this truck. The dealer told us we would not need any other exhaust brake, but when you're going down a 7% to 8% grade with a 14,000 lb. fth wheel pushing you it's pretty scary.

We picked up our new Grand Canyon last month but it is sitting in our backyard until the rally. We currently have a '99 F350 Diesel dually , but we have had tons of trouble with the after market exhaust brake, which is made by U.S. Gear.

So how do you like the truck, we've heard that you cannot put any other exhaust brake on this new truck as it will void your warranty.

Is there anyone else out there that has any thoughts on the 2006 Ford F350 Super Duty Diesel w/dual wheels?

K

Ken Washington

I don't know about the truck you are looking at, but the chevy I have does a great job down hills (see my Sig.). As far as I am concerned, the Allison transmission is the best! I don't even have to touch the brake! I know this will start alot of discussion on this matter.

jpmorgan37

Congratulations on your new Tow Vehicle. I hope that you get a million trouble-free miles with it. I can't offer any advice on the exhaust brake but here is something that you might look at that won't affect your warranty. http://www.drperformance.com/brakesmarthome.html I'm getting one for my TV. I haven't had any problems with the hills, just inconsiderate drivers cutting in front of me and then making quick turns or stops. It makes for an interesting application of my reflex time. Your new coach will be here before you know it and I know you'll love it too.

John

Princess Kathleen

Don't know yet

We have only pulled a Jayco pop-up camper with our new truck....but come this Tuesday we will be able to tell you more. Went to see the new GC this morning....she is a beauty....had oldest daughter and her husband with us and they thought it was so big....we camp out in it Monday night...I feel like the little boy from the Disney commercial...I to excited to do anything....Just hurry up noon Monday....:D

PK

Midastouch

PK... I'm excited for you! Can't wait till it's time to order mine! I might plan that around the arrival of my grandson ... he will be here around the 1st week of September and would be a great time to head down to SW Florida to see them! Sounds like a plan!!!!!

phranc

Mary Ann .. My last truck was a '03 Ford Powerstroke diesel.. I had the Torqueshift 5 speed tranny and it was wonderful. It did every thing Ford advertized ansd then some .. That having been said ,your comfort level may be different than mine on the downhill slope. I found going down hill not a problem. I always approach steep or long downhill roads a little conservativly.
Why not try it before you buy the exhaust brake. The brake is a aftermarket installation anyway. Then you'll know what will work for you and also you can get the answer about the 'brake will void the engine warranty' issue..