Big Step - Ordered the truck.

ncrzrbk

More than likely the B&W. I am also looking at the new Anderson Aluminum when it comes out. The hitch weights 35 lbs and mounts on the "Gooseneck ball". It's a totally new kind of hitch.

I have seen those. Looks like a neat setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ncrzrbk

333b78567419c99e60b360689c842794.jpg

Trying to see if I can add a picture of my current 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtsum2

Congrats! That is a big red truck!! You will love it! I have 18k miles on my 2014 3500 CTD and no issues at all. Lots of people tow (and quite heavy I might add) with the Anderson hitch. Those that have them seem to love them. I think I am going with the B&W puck hitch, but the Anderson seems to be the real deal also (lot cheaper and lighter too)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congrats but be careful with that kind of weather. Don't want to wreck it on slick roads. Enjoy.

ncrzrbk

Nice truck. Looks like you didn't have to worry long a out keeping it clean in that snow.

Bohemian

Nice truck. Looks like you didn't have to worry long a out keeping it clean in that snow.

That's right. I had about 1 hour of clean in the dealer's lot. I ordered the Husky mud flaps. That will help, but not much. Also, an Extang Solid Fold Tonneau.

I've driven 176 miles. Did I say, "I Love This Truck". Well, just in case I didn't say it, "I Love This Truck". It rides great. Yes, it bounces a little more than the 2500s I tested, or the SRWs. Yet, absolutely no jarring. Nice and smooth. Yes, steering feedback is very light to non-existent (compared to my S2000, and my wife's Civic). Yet, the steering is very tight. It goes where it is pointed and does not wander. All my possible concerns about having a dually are gone. Just a little more care it tight spaces.

At this point, I would not change at single thing.

BTW: at closing the deal, the finance person found another $500.00 cash back from Ram. Either Ram did not provide or the dealer lost the "Winter Grill Cover". They are ordering a new one.

Oh, it is a huge beast. Big turning circle. No, Euro turning rack on this beast.

Happy Guy

AAdams

BTW: at closing the deal, the finance person found another $500.00 cash back from Ram. Either Ram did not provide or the dealer lost the "Winter Grill Cover". They are ordering a new one.

Oh, it is a huge beast. Big turning circle. No, Euro turning rack on this beast.

Happy Guy

When they get the winter cover make sure they install the snaps that go in to the underside of your bumper. My winter cover was just in the truck and when I started looking at it I noticed the snaps. I went back to the dealer and made them install them. Of course here in southeast Texas they aren't used to having trucks with the cold weather package I guess.

Also, if you have the IP switches be sure you got the 2 wiring harnesses that should have come with the truck, just in case they lost them too.

Alan

ncrzrbk

Sounds great. I don't worry about winter covers here in NC. I did install the heater cord for those rare cold mornings. Our lowest temp this season has been 10. I added the Tri fold cover to keep the hitch under cover during the offseason. Folds up nice when hooking up!! Can't tell you how many times I have second guessed the DRW vs SRW. Guess the next truck will have to go all out as I get closer to retirement. Enjoy your truck!! I know you will.

Bohemian

Sounds great. I don't worry about winter covers here in NC. I did install the heater cord for those rare cold mornings. Our lowest temp this season has been 10. I added the Tri fold cover to keep the hitch under cover during the offseason. Folds up nice when hooking up!! Can't tell you how many times I have second guessed the DRW vs SRW. Guess the next truck will have to go all out as I get closer to retirement. Enjoy your truck!! I know you will.

Yes, the winter cover was free as far as I was concerned.

3 Options Available:

Winter Grill Cover: $90.00 MSRP
Block Heater: $90.00 MSRP
Cold Weather Group: $90.00 MSRP, consisting of Winter Grill Cover and Block Heater

????

I didn't ask, I ordered the Cold Weather Group