Big Step - Ordered the truck.

gtsum2

Picked up my new 2015 F350 DRW Platinum yesterday. Real nice unit & big difference in the ride compared to my 2011 f350 DRW. Ordered it with the 5th wheel prep package from Ford. It is great, but I was not aware that only the Reese 5th wheels will fit. Now I am off to get a new 5th wheel hitch, big bucks too, $1,600.00 for a 25K hitch.

Congrats! B&w has a drop in hitch for the puck system. Or u can get a picture frame adapter and then use any isr hitch

AAdams

Picked up my new 2015 F350 DRW Platinum yesterday. Real nice unit & big difference in the ride compared to my 2011 f350 DRW. Ordered it with the 5th wheel prep package from Ford. It is great, but I was not aware that only the Reese 5th wheels will fit. Now I am off to get a new 5th wheel hitch, big bucks too, $1,600.00 for a 25K hitch.

Jim, you can use this adapter... http://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...er+Duty/2015/RP30156.html?vehicleid=201527139 and use any hitch that mounts on standard rails. I have the one for my RAM. TS3Hitch.jpg

scottyb

It didn't take long for B&W to make a hitch to fit the Ford OEM pucks. I pulled about the heaviest rig around with it (20K+). I also had the goosneck ball kit (purchased on Amazon for 1/2 price), which I used around the place. The tie down sockets use two of the pucks and the ball dropped in the middle socket, that is not used for a 5th wheel. The whole package, hitch, ball, and all was 1st class. I would do it all over again given the choice. Having the clean bed surface when not towing was a huge plus. It was so easy to remove without tools, it takes less than 2 min.

Attachments

• IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 53

AAdams

You may actually get it on or by the 26th. Hope everything works out so you can actually have it sooner than later.

Bohemian

Saw her. Sat in her. Ran her motor.

She is gorgeous.

Pickup is scheduled for Saturday. Now if that big snow storm will hold off one day.

Bohemian

A couple photos.

Guys at the dealership were all over it.

Attachments

• P1000333.jpg
    P1000333.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 65
  • P1000334.jpg
    P1000334.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 52

ncrzrbk

What hitch are you putting in. I had the factory pucks and the dealer installed the B&W.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bohemian

What hitch are you putting in. I had the factory pucks and the dealer installed the B&W.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

More than likely the B&W. I am also looking at the new Anderson Aluminum when it comes out. The hitch weights 35 lbs and mounts on the "Gooseneck ball". It's a totally new kind of hitch.

ILH

You're going to love it.

Interesting comment for all truck lovers. My brother works for a company that shuttles trucks all over the continent. While we both have a preference for GM (he was a tradesman at GM until he retired), his recent experience is that GM currently has the least comfortable seats and Dodge has the best.