Big Step - Ordered the truck.

sengli

The only thing I think is strange is the the fuel filler doesnt have a screw on cap anymore. I guess I am old school at the ripe age of 52, but it bothers me to have this inlet to the tank open, except for that little flap. Diesel is kinda sticky compared to gasoline, which evaporated quickly. So it can attract dirt very easy. I attached out winter grill cover, it is a bit of a pickle to get attached, it is very tight fitting. I have only about 600 miles on ours, so far it drives very nice. It is so quiet, love that part.

Bohemian

The only thing I think is strange is the the fuel filler doesnt have a screw on cap anymore. I guess I am old school at the ripe age of 52, but it bothers me to have this inlet to the tank open, except for that little flap. Diesel is kinda sticky compared to gasoline, which evaporated quickly. So it can attract dirt very easy. I attached out winter grill cover, it is a bit of a pickle to get attached, it is very tight fitting. I have only about 600 miles on ours, so far it drives very nice. It is so quiet, love that part.

I'm fine with the flap, but not OK with no lock. It has two seals. It's mischief that is the potential problem.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I think is strange is the the fuel filler doesnt have a screw on cap anymore. I guess I am old school at the ripe age of 52, but it bothers me to have this inlet to the tank open, except for that little flap
I bought one of these (LINK).
For me it serves two purposes. Helps prevent anything from going into the filler and two, will help prevent having a brain fart and adding DEF to the fuel.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Different product. No magnet.
Get what you pay for, or pay for what you get.

Peace
Dave

Bohemian

I bought one of these (LINK).
For me it serves two purposes. Helps prevent anything from going into the filler and two, will help prevent having a brain fart and adding DEF to the fuel.

Peace
Dave

Very nice. I like that a lot. Still, a nice lock would be good. It's on the list.

Bohemian

First big trip.

Very nice ride. Got 17 MPG, which I think is great for a new Cummins in winter and some bad weather. Great truck. Get about 8 MPG around town, which is a rural/suburban area with twisting narrow roads and mountainous terrain up and down hills.

AAdams

Completely understand. We went to a RV show today, now my better half wants a different rig. So I am looking too.....

AAdams

Well, there's just about nothing that you can't tow with that truck.

When they finally fix it I can. It will be 5 weeks Monday to get a part for the truck, until they get the part I won't be pulling anything at least not any far distance or speed. One of the TPMS stem is faulty and will not allow me to add air or even check to see how much air in the tire. ( currently it shows a low tire on the dash) I don't want to blow a rear outside dually tire while towing at highway speeds with a load on it. Not real happy with the RAM so far. I have taken it to the shop for small fit and finish problems 3 times ( leaked water in to cab, 3 wheel flares came loose at separate times ). Might get the parts next week. But I've been told that before though by RAM customer support, so no real ETA. I have taken it in 4 times so far for the tire problem when they said the part would be there and it wasn't. Don't get me wrong I like the truck in general, design, features etc. Just the multiple trips for the small things are really starting to get to me.

Bohemian

When they finally fix it I can. It will be 5 weeks Monday to get a part for the truck, until they get the part I won't be pulling anything at least not any far distance or speed. One of the TPMS stem is faulty and will not allow me to add air or even check to see how much air in the tire. ( currently it shows a low tire on the dash) I don't want to blow a rear outside dually tire while towing at highway speeds with a load on it. Not real happy with the RAM so far. I have taken it to the shop for small fit and finish problems 3 times ( leaked water in to cab, 3 wheel flares came loose at separate times ). Might get the parts next week. But I've been told that before though by RAM customer support, so no real ETA. I have taken it in 4 times so far for the tire problem when they said the part would be there and it wasn't. Don't get me wrong I like the truck in general, design, features etc. Just the multiple trips for the small things are really starting to get to me.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.