EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazydaze

We have made plans to join our Heartland friends again at the PA Rally !!! Can't wait to go to Shady Maple !! We will arrive on Monday June 7th, leaving on Sunday, June 13th. We will be on site #1514.

Hallie, Eric and Ash

CampHOG

Re: rally reservation

Hello Cheryl,

Thanks for allowing us to interrupt your dinner at Lums Pond. We are looking forward to the Pennsylvania Rally and meeting some of the other Heartland owners / members. Maybe, we'll even find another owner in the big state of Delaware. Jim thinks we are on site 1550 at Spring Gulch ? Arriving Friday afternoon after work?

Thanks again,
Jim and Terry (aka: Kelly)

dieselsweetheart

Ha ha Jim and Terry...sorry about that Terry! In fact, Lynne had remembered after I already posted.... it was good to meet you and welcome to the forum...officially!! Lazydaze, welcome to our group! We are happy to have you! Jim and Harriet...you know that rule about the first volunteer to "sit out" is the first to be volunteered to play...haha better start practicing!!

I am winding down the college semester and things are pretty busy for me right now. Next week will be a little quieter so I will be sitting down and devoting more time to planning the rally. Last year the rally was in August and school didn't interfere... but yes we are planning a trip to Shady Maple (maybe we should play The Biggest Loser after our trip there!)... Shady Maple on Sat for brunch... also, I have thoughts for a Welcome Reception on Friday evening. I'll be putting together plans for that as well.

There is a lot to do and see in this area. Let me know if you have any special interests for sight-seeing or shopping...etc. I will also be working on a directory-type book for attractions in that area! FYI, there is a comedy dinner theatre in close proximity... check out the Rainbow Dinner Theatre website for information:

https://www.rainbowdinnertheatre.com/

More information coming soon! Stay tuned!!

RollingHome

Me n Patti really wish we could at least stop by to say hello because we'll so local... but we will be at a site further down south. However, if anybody needs help or a free place to stay for a day or more, call me at 302-218-9886 and I can give ya'll several days of free stay and play on our homestead... Tom

PS, I'm kinda of jealous of all the fun you dudes wil be havin :)

dieselsweetheart

Hi Tom and Patti! So sorry to hear you can't join us...where are you camping that w/e? Well maybe we'll meet up at one of the other rallies planned for the year...we are headed to the NJ rally in a few weeks and in July we're headed to Nashville for the big rally...geez, I hope the weather behaves when we are there! Thanks for posting and hope to meet you soon!!!

RollingHome

We will be on the Delmarva Pennisula, we had to make plans last year... as in a year in advance :) T&P

dieselsweetheart

Harriet, I have the perfect job for you! Someone needs to be in charge of the money won during each level! I am working on getting a timer too for the 60 seconds! Thanks!!!

dieselsweetheart

Jim and I will be hosting a welcome breakfast at our site on Friday AM....Saturday is Shady Maple, and Sunday we will host a "Happy Trails" breakfast to say goodbye... Saturday evening will be the "Minute to Win It" game (with prizes for the winners....no money sorry... :))

Also, how about a recipe exchange? Since we don't have a big place to have a community dinner, bring along a favorite recipe (on a 3 X 5 card) to share...this recipe should be easy to make, with common ingredients (no trips to a specialty store), and RV'ing friendly (which means we can make it on the fire or on our little RV stoves). Start looking through your box of recipes now! Make sure you have multiple copies of your one recipe to share with others!!!

Jim & Harriet

hi Cheryl,
is this the ShadyMaple we will visit? http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord
looks wonderful! hard to imagine all the possibilities they have that will be good to try :)
are you thinking of doing the breakfast? or lunch (starts at 10:45)? either would be great.
how many folks are going to be at the rally - for the recipe copies.

bill40

hi Cheryl,
is this the ShadyMaple we will visit? http://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord
looks wonderful! hard to imagine all the possibilities they have that will be good to try :)
are you thinking of doing the breakfast? or lunch (starts at 10:45)? either would be great.
how many folks are going to be at the rally - for the recipe copies.

They also have a huge shopping area down stairs from the restaurant.

dieselsweetheart

As I am making an attendance list...I see there are a couple of double-assigned sites...did anybody take note of that? Porthole, you are one of them "co-bedding" with someone else. I need to call Spring Gulch today and see what is going on... Stay tuned!!!

dieselsweetheart

Ok, one mystery solved.... one attendee had the incorrect site #.... but now working on 1553 which belongs to Porthole but reported to me by tomjanej as that site also. Will wait to get that solved and then will post attendance and site roster!! A little more than a month to go....!

Happy Mom's Day to all the moms in the Heartland family!!!!

truknutt

Committed Member
Can't do it. Momma has all my vacation time allocated this year. Cruising the Med is taking care of most of it and then the Nashville Rally gets a week. I'm hoping we'll hit the NY rally, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.