What's your favorite carry weapon?

Terryd91

I pocket carry a keltec pf9. Its ugly but its small, not very heavy and goes bang. If i ended up in Detroit i normally have my Ar pistol with me with a 40rnd pmag, but i try to avoid heading there.

gwatts

Depending on the neighborhood I either carry my Glock 36 or Glock 42. Looking at getting the 43 as well. Might as well collect the whole Glock line :)

Keywestwego

Double loaded with a Glock 23 and HK USP 9mm Compact.

If I wing him/her, my wife will take care of them with her S&W Airweight w/Crimson Trace red dot.

We have been asked "What are you so afraid of"? Our reply: "Nothing"!

9-larry

to you people carrying a 9mm-40 -357 you do understand if you miss you have a very good chance of hitting someone inside the rv next to you. this happened at texas speedway killing women washing dishes. i carry a judge loaded with 2- 410 will not kill them but will play **** with face and will only pepper rv next to me if i miss.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
to you people carrying a 9mm-40 -357 you do understand if you miss you have a very good chance of hitting someone inside the rv next to you.
Here is a link to a YouTube video that might re-enforce what you are saying. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

to you people carrying a 9mm-40 -357 you do understand if you miss you have a very good chance of hitting someone inside the rv next to you. this happened at texas speedway killing women washing dishes. i carry a judge loaded with 2- 410 will not kill them but will play **** with face and will only pepper rv next to me if i miss.

This has been cussed and discussed on this and other threads.

dave10a

When I get paranoid enough to get a gun for self defense, I will choose the Taurus "the judge" hand gun that shoots .410 shotgun or .45 colt. Meanwhile I will use my .44mag Black Hawk for target and fishing (scare off the grizzlies with cubs) in the Rockies. The .44 mag has too much recoil for sustained target shooting. I am thinking of getting Sig Saur P320 for target shooting now that they have resolved the feeding problem.

Lynn1130

I will choose the Taurus "the judge" hand gun that shoots .410 shotgun or .45 colt

I think you mean .41 cal or 410. The .45 will not shoot 410 shotgun. Different size shell.

I could be wrong here but the Sig Sauer 230 was replaced by the 232 in the 90s and I am not sure the 230 is even made any longer.

Lynn1130

I stand corrected. In looking at that particular weapon it appears that you need choose the correct 410 ammo or take a chance of taking out more than your intended target. Some of the tests run show a pretty big spread at relatively short distances. One test with 00 buck looked good but at 850 fps your going to shoot through several trailers around you.

avvidclif

Not if you're going thru a body first. If you miss about anything will go thru a trailer. I have a .177 pellet rifle that probably go right on thru.

Lynn1130

Not if you're going thru a body first.

Yeah, but in all my years of evaluating police shooting, the officers missed more than they hit and these are untrained civilians in high stress situations, using firearms that they practice with maybe twice a year. Cops are required to go to the range and qualify once a month (at least in Arizona) and are in high stress situations once a week or more. So, you think that "John Q" is going to hit his/her target, in a confined space? I highly doubt it (he will probably shoot the floor at least once coming up on target). I don't want to be parked in the trailer next to most of these people I see carrying firearms. Sorry, but most of them scare me.

avvidclif

They may scare you but there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Not worth thinking or worrying about under those circumstances.

dave10a

I think you mean .41 cal or 410. The .45 will not shoot 410 shotgun. Different size shell.

I could be wrong here but the Sig Sauer 230 was replaced by the 232 in the 90s and I am not sure the 230 is even made any longer.

I am quoting the manufacturer-- so take it up with them :)

- - - Updated - - -

Who was talking about the Sig Sauer 230.. ?

B

BouseBill

Cops are required to go to the range and qualify once a month (at least in Arizona) and are in high stress situations once a week or more.

Will you please tell me which department in Arizona requires monthly qualifying.

We have for the past 5 years been range hosts at a county shooting range in Arizona, I can guarantee you Arizona POST training does not require monthly qualifying. And not knocking our men and women in blue but they really shoot no better or worse than anyone else. I have watched as more than one or two have taken all day to qualify running through the course more than once!