What's your favorite carry weapon?

Besides being a range officer/master and later in charge of the range and all other training for many years with a large metro police department, I did not find that to be true at all. Most police officers are A types with a high competitive spirit. We don't like coming in second :) Perhaps the officer where you were at did not like shooting but that is not the case here with any agency that I am aware of. Every one of us knew how important our weapons can become in a life or death situation.

Now, shooting at a range and shooting in a firefight are two different things, and I can tell you that there are more than a few misses when you are under that amount of stress.

Agreed. Our guys go to the range every other week. As for coming in second, in a firefight it means you may not go home.

Stay safe, guys.

Rich

avvidclif

I recently added a Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II to the herd. It's too big for CC (42oz loaded in holster) but it will be fun to play with. I also at the same time bought a Kimber 22 conversion for it so my wife will get used to a 45 size pistol. Before that it was another Glock 17. &^$&*( Iphone pics!!

Attachments

• Kimber.JPG
    Kimber.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 48

travlingman

Picked up a Ruger LCP-2 this weekend to carry when wearing shorts. I think with the Hornady Critical Defense hollow points, this .380 will a good job if needed. I know loaded up this is one light gun. I do like the new trigger compared to the original LCP. Looked at the new EC9, actually had it for $20 cheaper, but to big for the purpose I was looking for.

ecencomo

EG Hi Power 9mm, m-7 shoulder holster, two thirteen rd mags. Been searching for the perfect pistol for years, for me this is it!

attachment.php

Last edited:

travlingman

Added another to my collection. Came across a deal that I couldn't pass up. A new Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Shield 9mm with built in Crimson Trace laser. Also came with extra mag, knife, flashlight and carry case.

S&W.jpg

Fox

Who boy, I already feel like I'm somewhere with similar likes. This is my very first post to this site - and I was only looking for somewhere to introduce myself when I found this.

So towards answering the original question (Note, I'm 9mm striker fired biased): although I generally LEGALLY carry a G43 (small, light-weight) my personal carry preference is for my HK VP9. I have several other contenders for small/ lightweight duties but the only one I'm seriously dating is a ported S&W M&P Shield - if I can work out its early reliability bugs I feel it'll kick my Glock to the side; however not the HK (it's bigger, heavier, and always gives me a love fit in hand). To me this cheap VP9 beats ALL of my numerous higher rated guns (such as my Sig 226, 229, both Legions). I also greatly love my S&W M&P 9 Pro - but as it won't generally feed hollow points it won't ever be carried! So while it's not my every day carry my favorite carry is an HK VP9.

With that said ... I'm FoxHotel (my Army callsign for 20+ years); I retired in 1990. Of course I continued working but eventually I joined the old folks and started drawing on my benefits.

My first camper was a 24' 04 HiLo TT; when I once posted on it's member forum (long, long ago) about firearms the post was locked; while I wasn't reprimanded I understood the gist of it. There after I cooled any further discussion of firearms - which continued on a different forum serving my second unit - a 32' 08 Jayco 5th w/ 2 slides.

This 29.5 RLS Jayco provided us many trouble free years of service but had begun to show minor signs of age. That led to where I became hesitant to travel outside of my immediate area - just in case. That led to the discussion of replacing it. My brides expectations (40 years early next month) were for a unit with a second AC while I wanted a King size mattress. Our needs were otherwise quite modest.

While shopping with these modest needs about a week ago when I went inside a 42' 2017 Heartland Big Horn 3755FL; way beyond what we needed! but its quality showed thru. Unfortunately it would also require a larger TV, a different parking entrance point/ a barn and an electrical feed. With lust in my heart I eventually intro'd it to my wife. Long story short - she felt the same way.

We've now spent way too much of our inheritors money, without regrets.

Tsys100718

Who boy, I already feel like I'm somewhere with similar likes. This is my very first post to this site - and I was only looking for somewhere to introduce myself when I found this.

So towards answering the original question (Note, I'm 9mm striker fired biased): although I generally LEGALLY carry a G43 (small, light-weight) my personal carry preference is for my HK VP9. I have several other contenders for small/ lightweight duties but the only one I'm seriously dating is a ported S&W M&P Shield - if I can work out its early reliability bugs I feel it'll kick my Glock to the side; however not the HK (it's bigger, heavier, and always gives me a love fit in hand). To me this cheap VP9 beats ALL of my numerous higher rated guns (such as my Sig 226, 229, both Legions). I also greatly love my S&W M&P 9 Pro - but as it won't generally feed hollow points it won't ever be carried! So while it's not my every day carry my favorite carry is an HK VP9.

With that said ... I'm FoxHotel (my Army callsign for 20+ years); I retired in 1990. Of course I continued working but eventually I joined the old folks and started drawing on my benefits.

My first camper was a 24' 04 HiLo TT; when I once posted on it's member forum (long, long ago) about firearms the post was locked; while I wasn't reprimanded I understood the gist of it. There after I cooled any further discussion of firearms - which continued on a different forum serving my second unit - a 32' 08 Jayco 5th w/ 2 slides.

This 29.5 RLS Jayco provided us many trouble free years of service but had begun to show minor signs of age. That led to where I became hesitant to travel outside of my immediate area - just in case. That led to the discussion of replacing it. My brides expectations (40 years early next month) were for a unit with a second AC while I wanted a King size mattress. Our needs were otherwise quite modest.

While shopping with these modest needs about a week ago when I went inside a 42' 2017 Heartland Big Horn 3755FL; way beyond what we needed! but its quality showed thru. Unfortunately it would also require a larger TV, a different parking entrance point/ a barn and an electrical feed. With lust in my heart I eventually intro'd it to my wife. Long story short - she felt the same way.

We've now spent way too much of our inheritors money, without regrets.

Greetings FoxHotel from RescueDelta9. That was my PJ callsign during my 8 years and 3 tours in Vietnam. I was medically retired in 1972. It's hard to tell, but from the details provided, Welcome Home Brother!

Like you, I cannot justify higher cost with superior reliability. In the summer, in middle GA, my EDC is the S&W M&P Shield chambered in 9mm. In the Spring and Fall, I usually carry a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 also chambered in 9mm. On the odd day in the wintertime when a jacket is warranted, and that has only been once in the last five years, I carry my OLD reliable Colt 1911, chambered in .45 ACP of course. This weapon served me well as my sidearm in the military and I wish it got cold enough in Columbus to warrant a jacket more often.

Welcome to the Heartland Family Sir.

jbeletti

Hey Fox - happy to see you joined the forum. Congrats on your Bighorn and hope to meet you at a Heartland rally. Speaking of which, there's one a few hours south of you this September - link. You should sign up for it.

Fox

Hey Fox - happy to see you joined the forum. Congrats on your Bighorn and hope to meet you at a Heartland rally. Speaking of which, there's one a few hours south of you this September - link. You should sign up for it.

NOTE: not a gun related reply so if I can figure it out I'll post a gun pic.

Thank you. I've been on the phone with my bride (shes out of state); she thinks attending this get-together is a good idea, so much so that she says lets stay for a week (Wed before thru following Wed). In all honesty she and a girlfriend were already planning on going up there (230 miles - to shop the craft fair). That led me to some more reading where in order to avoid the $20 fee i (we) must join the other forum - and that sign up form wants her email and user name.

So she's asked me to set her up an account on this site (so as to have a user name) - she often goes by DrSus (PhD) so that's what I'll use for her.

I believe I got a pic up - one of my Sig Legions and the ugly but lovable HK; now hope to get this set up and see y'all there.

Attachments

• 20161020_104711.jpg
    20161020_104711.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 42

Fox

Fox - join the Heartland Owners Club: https://heartlandowners.org/club/join/

Procured my bride a user name (DrSus) on this forum and she's now activated the account. She's quite busy with her online life (that's her real job) so I doubt she'll actually use this site but now she'll receive the emails and if uninterested can hit delete.

Then I signed up for the above club and the reply back says I'll receive a membership number in a week.

Do I need that member ID before booking to join this group at the campground?

Keeping it gun related here is a pic of a former (9-10 years) carry gun - a Kahr PM9; great little gun but I found I shot the G43 better so it got traded off (for a beautiful 1996 CZ75B).

Attachments

• 20160501_105838.jpg
    20160501_105838.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 34

Fox

Even better with these.

This is showing my ignorance (but so what). My G43 is now around an $800 Glock (STUPID move on my part). I've purchased several additional mags, upgraded them all with +2 capability (with springs), night sights, numerous holsters and several different triggers. Too me my G43s fault is every trigger I've tried pinches me. I'm currently using an Agency Arms flat faced Trigger (wonderful short pull / quick reset) but it too pinches.

For actual self defensive use I'd never notice it (8 +1 rounds), but for practice on the range - where I can easily shoot several hundred rounds - well it hurts. I've taken to adding a band-aid when using it for more than a 50 round box of ammo. That's why I'm hoping my problems with the Shield work themselves out - in my hand it's a sweet shooter.

I'm also looking to fondle one of the new Sig 365s, however the only ones I find are $50 over MSRP. I'm a tightwad and can wait; plus I really need to sell off a bunch before adding another.

Heres another sweet little toy: a 50th Anniversary Ruger Single Six Cowboy Edition; with both .22LR and .22WMR cylinders.

Attachments

• 20161118_174250.jpg
    20161118_174250.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 36

Fox

This is a 37 year old 1981 build.

And its still strong enough to use as a hammer. As I recall my Single Six hails from 2003.

This is my oldest - from 1996, a CZ75B. Maybe my #1 favorite (for playing on the range) but because the first shot is double action I don't carry it. I say maybe because I sometimes prefer several SA/DA Sigs.

Attachments

• 20160907_144457.jpg
    20160907_144457.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 48