EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Charleston - 11/4/2011 to 11/6/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I am now on a mission! We have to go to the Hominy Grill for a "BIG NASTY"! Sitting here watching a travel channel segment on Charlston. The "Big Nasty" is a Homemade Bisquit with a fried boneless chicken breast, topped with shredded white cheddar cheese and homemade sausage gravy! Do ya think they'll do take out delivery to Jersey?

PS - Quit pickin' on dem der yankees!

PSS - SouthernNights is a Northern New Jersey Boy who picked up a slight accent while living where I wanna be! Ain't dat right Larry?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I am now on a mission! We have to go to the Hominy Grill for a "BIG NASTY"! Sitting here watching a travel channel segment on Charlston. The "Big Nasty" is a Homemade Bisquit with a fried boneless chicken breast, topped with shredded white cheddar cheese and homemade sausage gravy! Do ya think they'll do take out delivery to Jersey?

PS - Quit pickin' on dem der yankees!

PSS - SouthernNights is a Northern New Jersey Boy who picked up a slight accent while living where I wanna be! Ain't dat right Larry?

Hey Deb, I hear you can get it with Grits if you ask nicely!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
OK Phil, reservation has been made. We plan to arrive 11/3 and stay for 5 nights. Giving some serious thought to changing our status to full timer. Just don't seem to be getting home to Virginia very often. Looking forward to another great rally.

lew2885

I had no idea there was such an organization as the Rallyholics, but it makes sense. Can't wait to see everybody again. JP and Rita

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Phil & Pam. I may be in contact with you shorlty! I was at Oak Plantation today but didn't see your reservation. Did I miss it?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok Folks, since we have a lot of people planning to come to the Charleston Rally from out of town, I am working to make arrangements for a sight seeing tour of the Charleston area if there is enough interest. I have found a tour group that will provide a bus tour of the historic Old Charleston plus a 1-1/2 hour non-stop, narrated cruise of Charleston's historic harbor. The cost for this is $33 per person. If we have enough interest, we may qualify for group rates and get some discounts. Please let me know if you are interested in this tour.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Phil,

Another suggestion is the Thriller Power Boat tour out of Shem Creek......we did it a couple weeks ago and it is a blast. You go by 5 forts, the Yorktown and all the way down to Folly Beach. Good history, fun, fast and sometimes a wet/refreshing boat ride!!:D

We wish we could make the rally but other obligations are keeping us home that weekend, so have a GREAT rally!!!

See y'all soon!!

Lance

talley

Phil, put Diane and myself down to participate in whatever the group elects. We have not been to Charleston, so it would all be of interest. Following the rally we plan to make our way to Virginia/North Carolina border area (King William, Isle of Wight) before heading to Berkely and Ashville as we make our way back to Texas. I will do a little ancestor geneology research while visiting these areas and sight-seeing.

Looking forward to the rally.... Jerry

JJnVA

Phil,
Sign us up for a group tour if it includes the narrated cruise of the harbor. Really looking forward to the rally....will be our first state chapter rally.
Judi

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Phil. You can put John and I down for the tour. We have been to Patriot's Point but a Charleston Tour sound very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.