EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Charleston - 11/4/2011 to 11/6/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hillsonwheels finally got off the dime!!! We are arriving on 3 NOV :) and departing 7 NOV :) for Willow Tree. We will be on site # PP 5 at Oak Plantation ( a really great campground by the way!) and site # 26 in Willow Tree. We also are gonna do the whole schmear tour thingee.........I'm still new to this navigational stuff and am trying to figure out how going north :confused: after going south :confused: will get us to FL? :eek:

Every time I try to convince "goober" (my GPS) of my intent I'm basically told that I'm crazy and that I need to make the first legal U turn????????????? WHADDUPWIDAT???????????

Dick

You got to hold the GPS upside down.:D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We are confirmed at Oak Plantation. Arrival 11/1 and we'll be on a monthly site MM24. Lin & I will be spending the month November in Charleston area before heading for FL for the rest of the winter. Only 6 more weeks, yippee!

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Rally Goers!
I just spoke with Oak Plantation this morning and reserved an additional 9 sites for our rally. We are currently at 22 rigs! WOW! ( We can get additional sites but they may be spread out) I have listed some additional information on the 1st page of this thread about the Charleston Tours. We have to provide a firm head count and pre-pay for the tour by Oct.1 to get our discounted rate of $31/person.
Just to recap, we will be taking a Grayline Tour which will include a 90 minute bus tour of the "100+ Things to Love about Charleston". The buses will drop us off at the Aquarium Wharf where we will embark on a 90 minute narrated tour of the Historic Charleston Harbor. Upon conclusion of the tours, we will head back to Oak Plantation for a good old Southern "Low Country Boil" dinner. The Low Country Boil will be provided by the Heartland Owners Club. Everyone is requested to bring sides/deserts, your drinks and tableware.

Please get you checks for the tour sent to me ASAP!!!
Make Checks Payable to Phil Smith ($31/person)
PO Box 37581
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Remember, Oct. 1 is the deadline for the tour!!

We look forward to seeing Everyone in just a few short weeks!
Phil

cjhicks

Phil,You can put us down for the tour, the check is in the mail.
Hi Rally Goers!
I just spoke with Oak Plantation this morning and reserved an additional 9 sites for our rally. We are currently at 22 rigs! WOW! ( We can get additional sites but they may be spread out) I have listed some additional information on the 1st page of this thread about the Charleston Tours. We have to provide a firm head count and pre-pay for the tour by Oct.1 to get our discounted rate of $31/person.
Just to recap, we will be taking a Grayline Tour which will include a 90 minute bus tour of the "100+ Things to Love about Charleston". The buses will drop us off at the Aquarium Wharf where we will embark on a 90 minute narrated tour of the Historic Charleston Harbor. Upon conclusion of the tours, we will head back to Oak Plantation for a good old Southern "Low Country Boil" dinner. The Low Country Boil will be provided by the Heartland Owners Club. Everyone is requested to bring sides/deserts, your drinks and tableware.

Please get you checks for the tour sent to me ASAP!!!
Make Checks Payable to Phil Smith ($31/person)
PO Box 37581
Rock Hill, SC 29732
Remember, Oct. 1 is the deadline for the tour!!

We look forward to seeing Everyone in just a few short weeks!
Phil

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Yup .. check is in the mail.;) What a worn out line, but in this case ... it's the truth!
So looking forward to more Heartland camping, so rally on and RALLY HO!:cool:

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Phil,
Michelle and I will be in on the 4th in site QQ7. I will get the check in the mail tonight for the tour.

Dale

hillsonwheels

If these state chapter leaeders wouldn't keep figuring out so many fun things to do :eek: we, the rally lovers, wouldn't have to "put the check in the mail!" But, we're loving every minute of the rallies and, our check is also in the mail. :cool: Looks like the attendee list is really growing.

Dick

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Scheduled to arrive at Oak Plantation, site Q4, on the 2nd and stay until the morning of the 7th. Please include us on the Grayline Tour list, a check is in the mail to cover myself and Nelly.

Scheduled for the Camp-out at Willow Tree as well.

Looking forward to seeing all soon.

Kevin

Phil Smith

Hi Charleston Rally Folks,

Thank you to everyone getting the "checks in the mail!" I started getting them in over the weekend. At the beginning of this thread, if your user name as a rally participant is bolded and underlined, it lets you know I have received your tour payment check. Please keep an eye on this and if you don't see your name change to bold and underlined and you have mailed in your check. I want to make sure we get everyone accounted for and it allows for a system of checks and balances to make sure I don't miss something. (I need a good secretary!!) I know some of you have sent in a PM about traveling and I understand. Just get 'em in as soon a possible.

Thanks,
Phil

Ray LeTourneau

Does any one know where I can find a site map of Oak Plantation? I've scoured their website but had no luck finding one. I'm trying to determine where my site (MM24) is in relation to the area everyone else is. Thanks!!

Phil Smith

Ray, I scanned a map of Oak Plantation. There is now a thumbnail at the bottom of my first post to this thread. Just click on it and it will enlarge (I hope!) :eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Phil & Archie, Thanks to both of you. It appears we're assigned a 30 amp site unless the map info is out of date. I'll give Oak Plantation a call.

Phil Smith

Hi Ray, it looks like you are correct on the 30A for MM24. I can't speak for the map being up to date but it is the current map they are providing. I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Phil

Phil & Archie, Thanks to both of you. It appears we're assigned a 30 amp site unless the map info is out of date. I'll give Oak Plantation a call.

Ray LeTourneau

Hi Ray, it looks like you are correct on the 30A for MM24. I can't speak for the map being up to date but it is the current map they are providing. I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Phil
I just called and have been moved to R 3. They seem to be very accommodating. It seems once we arrive, if the site isn't acceptable, they'll show us other options.

Phil Smith

Hi Everyone. Just a quick upate. As of today, we have 26 rigs scheduled for the Charleston Rally! I think we're going to have us a good time! We also have 36 people paid for the Charleston tours scheduled for Saturday, November 5. We still have about a week before I have to give the tour company a hard head count and payment. I have heard from a few that are just getting back into town and getting their "Checks In the Mail." For those of you that are just official procrastinators, better get the check in the mail!!! :eek: I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.