EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Charleston - 11/4/2011 to 11/6/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradforx

Phil,

I just got off the phone with Rhonda from Oak Plantation and we have a spot but she wouldn't know what number it was until tomorrow when she could look at the computer. Looking forward to this, it will be our first rally. :)

Brad

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Phil & Becky, It looks like you two are going to have a great rally. If Santha and I can attend We will not know until
the last minute. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Randy!

I think you are right. We are going to have a great rally. We have lots of people traveling from all over the country so we will get to meet a lot of new friends! I really hope you guys can work it out but we certainly understand the work deal. As yo know we have a hard time getting away for the rallies as well. We'll make sure to make enough of the SC Low Country Boil for dinner so that we'll have some for you even at the last minute. Are you still working in Miami?

Phil

Phil & Becky, It looks like you two are going to have a great rally. If Santha and I can attend We will not know until
the last minute. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Phil, My business partner has been handling the Miami job. Half of the crew has been in there at times with him.
We are waiting on some steel erection know. If that gets done quickly Santha and I might make the rally.
Randy, Santha & the poodles

Phil Smith

Charleston, SC Rally Updates

For everyone that may be traveling to Oak Plantation with their favorite "fur Kids" Oak Plantation does offer a fenced dog run area where our traveling companions can enjoy some "off-leash" time. (Thanks Jim and Harriet for the questions about this)

I am looking for anyone that may have a turkey fryer that they may be able to bring along with them. The low country boil requires some southen cookin' in some big pots! We are now around 60+ adults attending (Yeah!) but as I have learned from past rallies, they come with big appetities so we are going to need to make up several batches. If you can contact me and let me know if you might be able to help. We already have a couple cookers coming and I am still trying to determine how many we need. Thx...

We should be good to go rain or shine for our Saturday activities. Since we have had such a good turnout for the Charleston tour, the tour company has allowed us to continue to add reservations even after last Monday's cut off date. So, if anyone did not get in previously and would still like to go, please contact me and get your check in the mail. I really appreciate everyone's quick response to meet the original dead line.

As for dinner and gathering, the campground has a large pavillion with picnic tables that will seat over 100 people so we have lots of room.

See you all in a month!!!

Phil

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Phil,

John Proto will have his fryer on board as he is cooking the Turkey for the Thanksgiving Dinner at Willow Tree. I'll see him this weekend and get back to you.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OK - after a bunch of nagging (from me) and encouragement from others - The Mathis' are coming!!! We will be pulling in sometime near midnight Thursday night, leaving on Monday. Looking forward to the famous after-the-rally Beletti party.

hillsonwheels

Well HOOOWWWWDEEEEE!!! Glad the Nabo's are gonna make it to Charleston! :) Gonna be good to see you folks again. Now....how's about Willow Tree??????????? :eek::eek:

Dick

Nabo

Phil - if you need another stock pot/large burner, we have one and can bring. It's the one we used at Mt. Airy for the breakfast.

Also - Nathan has about 2 pounds of shrimp that we can bring along. It SC shrimp-large.

Last edited:

jbeletti

OK - after a bunch of nagging (from me) and encouragement from others - The Mathis' are coming!!!We will be pulling in sometime near midnight Thursday night, leaving on Monday. Looking forward to the famous after-the-rally Beletti party.

Woohoo! Fellow Tennesseeans :) Be happy to see you. Not sure how famous we'll be after the rally but we'll do our best. Infamous maybe :) Specially if Dick Hill is still around. He and I can always get into trouble.

Phil Smith

Dale, that would be great. As this continues to gather momentum, it will be better to have extra cookers than hungy Heartlanders! We all know how J. Beletti gets when he is hungry!!! :D
Thanks, Phil

JJnVA

Rallygoers, good-to-know news: The Today SHow just highlighted the top 3 cities in the U.S. to visit in 2011 and Charleston, SC came in the #1 spot! One of its strengths is the friendliness of the people and also mentioned was its excellent dining opportunities and night time entertainment. So looking forward to being there in November!

ncc1701e

Hey guys, need to ask a question. Been looking at the post, what can we prepare that will go with this meal you guys been talking about? We've go our big pots for cooking over the coals from those youthful days of backpacking. I've been getting hungry just reading the post.

Phil Smith

Hi ncc1701e,

I think I have the cookers lined up. Thank you. As far as what to bring to go along with the meal, do you have any specialties either as sides or deserts? I've found one thing with Heartlanders. They will eat just about anything! And lots of it!!! :)

Phil

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This is the first time I have ever had to do this and I feel awkward to say the least. For reasons out of our control, John and I have to cancel our plans to attend this rally. We are heartbroken that we will not get to spend the end of the season with some of the best friends a person could have in their life. It's not what we want to do but.....

Nabo

Sorry Deb that you and John have a problem and can't attend. It happens to all of us. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.