Wow -- What a Trip

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Finally got home last night. 42 days on the road and slightly over 4200 miles. You know, I could really get used to this being retarded stuff. No worry about what's going on at the office, no "gotta get back home quick" stuff, just "well let's go here next" thinking.

Left Virginia the 31st of May, headed to Port Huron, Michigan to Carol's niece's high school graduation. Spent almost two weeks there with her family. Lots of fun and relaxation. Then on to Goshen and 5 days of party and fun. What a GREAT rally. I really hadn't planned on going to Gillette next year but after the fun we had at the Heartland Homecoming, we are sure going to try. After Goshen we headed back to Michigan to spend some time with Carol's bother in Grand Rapids and then up to Silver Lake to "ride the dunes." What a blast that was. Finally headed down to Knoxville and spent a week in the "hills of Tennessee" and attending the annual GWRRA rally, Wing Ding. Workewd the registration table on Thursday and Friday and saw tons of old friends. Then took a couple of days to head on home.

The amazing thing about the whole trip is 42 days of being together 24/7 and Carol and I are still talking to each other. In fact we are already planning on when we can go again. It was just awesome!!! I think I'm gonna like this retirement stuff.

Keith

loafer

Wow Keith thanks for sharing. sounds like a great trip .we were on the road for 3 months last year and are still married LOL. Rallys are addictive after Nashville last year we are planning for Gillette in 2012. We are presently heading for the Good Sam Rally in Redmond Oregon tomorrow.
Being retired and travelling is great there are so many great folks you will meet along the trail and so much great country to see.
Just dont leave it too late in life to start travelling you dont want to have to say coulda, shoulda, woulda.
Happy trails might see you in Gillette
Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Keith & Carol it sure sounds like you had a great time. I've never been to a Wing Ding but I've been to Americade once. Talk about a big rally! So what are you waiting for? Get back out on the road...

jbeletti

Wow Keith and Carol - sounds like you guys had an amazing summer thus far. Thanks for sharing your story.

Hope to see you in Tampa in January. Contact Mickey right away if you and Carol want to "work the table" :)

Jim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Wow Keith and Carol - sounds like you guys had an amazing summer thus far. Thanks for sharing your story.

Hope to see you in Tampa in January. Contact Mickey right away if you and Carol want to "work the table" :)

Jim

We'd love to "work the table" again Jim. We will definetly be in the Tampa area during the time of the show, so we are certainly "game" if you'll have us.

Keith