EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: WY, Gillette - 6/14/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

We are here!

We arrived at the Cam-Plex here in Gillette yesterday afternoon. Got weighed by the RVSEF team of Howard and Linda Payne (RV-Dreams). Got setup in our site (D16). Eleven of us (volunteers and Howard/Linda) went to dinner at Pokey's BBQ. Great BBQ!

Stalkups RV dropped off a Heartland Trailrunner travel trailer for the check-in team to use. They left it in an odd spot, so Kevin, Dave T, Bob N and I went and moved it.

Kevin and Nelly helped me get a bit of rally paperwork done.

Today (Thu), Al Larson will start adding signs to Golf Carts.

Oh, and this morning at 9, Dave T (codycarver) is making waffles. The rest of us are bringing other items and we'll have the first impromptu, non-rally potluck breakfast!

So - the pre-rally is in full swing!

Dinner at Pokeys BBQ.jpg
BBQ at Pokey's

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Re: We are here!

Awesome! See you on Sunday.... looking forward to joining in on some pre-rally fun then!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: We are here!

We should be leaving Custer SD in a couple of hours, so we'll see you soon!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Breakfast at 9....rats, won't be there till about 10. Leftovers???

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

back2nature

Great. Looking forward to seeing all your hard work when we arrive. Just pulled out of our driveway fifteen minutes ago. We'll hit Zion National Park first for a couple of days, then arrive at Gillette on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are leaving Rawlins heading to Casper after hooking up with Floyd and Carol Philbrook,Art and Teresa Mitchell and John and Lori Dawson. We will probably arrive in Gillette tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Happy Trails! Teri(Traces DW)

Last edited:

jbeletti

Had a fun and productive pre-rally day yesterday. Potluck breakfast, lots of pre-rally work, impromptu dinner gathering outside Kevin and Nelly's with 25+ people, check-ins, weighings, washings etc.

Today is shaping up well too. We're having a 9am breakfast at Kevin and Nelly's site this morning. Then some pre-rally work. I think through last night, we had 18 rigs here. Having a great pre-rally time.

TwoGypsies

We're booked to arrive on Saturday but looks like we'll be coming in today. We left Houston without a plan, which was fun. We're hoping to catch the demo derby tonight. Our kids were active participants over the years and we have a daughter in law who won a derby once. We have 2 Texan grandkids with us who have never seen one.
We'll be headed through the Badlands and will make a prairie dog & ice cream stop on our way.

zurn

hey guys-met you in texas remember beaches? have fun in Wyo-we lived there for eight very interesting years! Are you going to be in Texas for the winter?-John and carol

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
John and Carol, yes we will be in Texas also, and we are going to have a good time again this coming winter... Gotta have a RED SOLO CUP Party............. Wish you were here in WY with us... Take Care...

karen, dan and herbie

happykraut

Pulled into Custer, SD this morning. We are camped at the Broken Arrow Campground. It is under new ownership and the owners couldn't be more friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this campground to any one. See you in Gillette on the 11th. Bernie.

jbeletti

Another great pre-rally day yesterday. I think we had 4 or 5 rigs come in. We're now at 23 rigs!

Breakfast was great with Nelly's muffins. I made bacon, someone brought fruit, Stella C brought some awesome apple dumplings. I think we had 25 to 30 for breakfast. Good times!

9 of us went to a local Italian restaurant for pizza. Yumo - especially if you like garlic. And their pasta looked amazing. May have to go back. Reasonably priced too - Adriano's Italian between Walmart and Albertsons.

I fully planned on going to the Demolition Derby but saw the size of the crowed and punked out. About a dozen attendees did go though. Kevin and I did a Tango video chat with our phones. He shared video of the demo derby with us and we shared with Kevin, video of the group socializing in lawn chairs behind our RV.

Wow was it windy last night or what. Was woken up about 3am by it. Nice and calm this morning (Sat) though. Going to be 76 degrees today with a 30% chance of rain. While we hit 93 yesterday, the wind helped keep us from sweltering too much.

Heading back to Kevin and Nelly's this morning at 9 for muffins, bacon and who knows what others will bring! Life is good :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Does anyone have an Icon of a guy kicking himself in the ***?:( Oh well, at least I was able to afford new injectors for BART.:) Still, I wish I were there.

jbeletti

Miss you and Lin, Ray. And your awesome breakfasts! You're trying something different this year and that's okay. We try things, some work, some not so much, we learn, we move on. We'll see you at the WI rally.

olcoon

Last night the wind was blowing so much, I thought I was still in the Navy on board ship!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.