Dish receiver in 3685

soilmovers

We made our decision on a 2012 3685. I inspected the unit this weekend and I have one concern.

The cabinet that would hold the Dish receiver appears too small. I measured the cabinet and tomorrow I will check the receiver size in our 3055.

Also, this cabinet has a solid wood door. Will the remote operate? I assumed it had to have a glass door.

Is anyone familiar with this?

thanks in advance.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Can't answer your question as to the size but NO your remote wont work thru wood. I added a door to a cabinet and I ordered a door thru HL without any inserts in it. Took it to a glass shop and had a piece of dark glass install. 1 piece of dark plexiglass 4X8 sheet is $100.00. The dark glass was $30.00. The other option is to leave the door open when camping.

soilmovers

Can't answer your question as to the size but NO your remote wont work thru wood. I added a door to a cabinet and I ordered a door thru HL without any inserts in it. Took it to a glass shop and had a piece of dark glass install. 1 piece of dark plexiglass 4X8 sheet is $100.00. The dark glass was $30.00. The other option is to leave the door open when camping.[/QUOT

I find it hard to believe Heartland would not allow enough room for the receiver. Thanks for your input.

wdk450

My dish system has a 2nd remote for the bedroom that works on a radio signal. It does go through wood.
There are small devices that pick up infrared control signals in a room and relay them by fiberoptic cables to the infrared sensor at the front of the device. These can be found from home theatre suppliers/installers.
Do a search on the term "IR Remote Repeaters".

stevebotts

The cabinet in the bottom is way to small for our receiver. We are working on a solution now with the factory. If you are ordering direct from Heartland, you might call them to discuss this issue.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Soilmovers, IS your receiver a DVR? I believe both DTV and Dish Neetwork have an available RF remote. I know for a fact that DTV does. The receiver can be set up through the menu to accept the signal from either type. RF or IR. It will not work with both at the same time though, just one ot the other. RF Remotes are easy to find on e-bay for around $15.

K

karykatz

We have started wiring the overhead cabinet with a DC outlet and HDMI plate to plug in directlly. This should take care of the issue for future owners.

I hope this helps

DRGalligher

Can't answer your question as to the size but NO your remote wont work thru wood. I added a door to a cabinet and I ordered a door thru HL without any inserts in it. Took it to a glass shop and had a piece of dark glass install. 1 piece of dark plexiglass 4X8 sheet is $100.00. The dark glass was $30.00. The other option is to leave the door open when camping.[/QUOT

I find it hard to believe Heartland would not allow enough room for the receiver. Thanks for your input.

We have a 2011 3055RL - we too installed a Trav'ler sat dish and due to it's location (and to save money), the wiring was brought in through the bedroom. Thankfully, the model and year we have has the deep cabinet right next to the TV mount directly above he dresser. The newer models of BH's have shallower cupboards or no cupboards in the bedroom to effectivly put a receiver. Our bedroom cabinet has a glass front but we keep it open when the satellite and receiver are on because they generate a lot of heat. We have two separate receivers so we can watch separate channels in the bedroom and front room.

Sandie

Wish the satellite providers had some sort of bracket that could be mounted under the cabinet. I don't think our receiver, which is a Dish HD/DVD is going to fit either. Going to measure it tomorrow if our fiver arrived.

DRGalligher

At home we have a wall mount TV stand and it has an add-on bracket underneath for the video recorder. Maybe something like that can be found in a store.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Never mess with a dish, use my computer and watch almost every movie and tv station there is.........great invention. I stream it through the electrical system to my Blue Ray player and that's all there is to it! Dish and antennas are things of the past! If I am at a place that has no WIFI I use Verizon and there it is via 4g.