EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NY, Lake George - 6/15/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

porthole

Retired
It is a 2.5 hour drive from Lagrangeville....

If that is the Lagrangeville I am thinking of, it is near the Taconic State Parkway, you are not allowed to travel on any NY State Parkway with your truck and trailer (even just your truck is not allowed, any pickup over 5500 pounds empty).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taconic parkway

http://www.nycroads.com/roads/pkwy_hudson/

I'd suggest you stay on the NY Thruway, I-87 until Newburgh, then cross over. Leaving Larangeville head up to Poughkeepsie and cross back over to I-87.

"If" you had the time, right at that exit are the posers known as Orange County Choppers (you can see it from the highway).
And there is a great motorcycle museum in Newburgh.

Porkchop

If that is the Lagrangeville I am thinking of, it is near the Taconic State Parkway, you are not allowed to travel on any NY State Parkway with your truck and trailer (even just your truck is not allowed, any pickup over 5500 pounds empty).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=taconic%20parkway

http://www.nycroads.com/roads/pkwy_hudson/

I'd suggest you stay on the NY Thruway, I-87 until Newburgh, then cross over. Leaving Larangeville head up to Poughkeepsie and cross back over to I-87.

"If" you had the time, right at that exit are the posers known as Orange County Choppers (you can see it from the highway).
And there is a great motorcycle museum in Newburgh.

Yup that's the place!
I didn't know we couldn't even drive the truck on it! Yikes. I knew we couldn't bring the RV on it, nothing in tow.

Can we do the NJ parkway with the RV?

We went up to LaGrangeville and had our friend help install the hitch. Good thing we didn't get stopped up there (we usually take 87 to 84, but are on the Tatonic for a short period of time.

porthole

Retired
Yes to the NJ parkway, entire length.
Doesn't affect you as much, but in the area north of Edison their are multiple stone ached bridges. You need to stay in the lanes that are not adjacent to the shoulders. Low clearence on the sides.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Let's welcome our newest NJ HOC member to the rally !! Martin & Irene Schmidt come in with their new 2013 Cyclone .

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
th

We are looking forward to meeting you.

Freckles

Hello Rally attendies !!! Rally Agenda posted on 1st page !! handout will be provided at rally.

Last edited:

Freckles

Good News !! Jon & Patti are bring Cheesey Potatoes for pot luck !! If you need to add something to the list contact us .

Vinny773

Mary Sue and I can't wait to attend our first Rally and meet everyone. What should we bring, or what do we need for the pot luck?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Vinny! Usually pot luck you bring a dish to serve 8-10 people and your appetite! If there is one thing we do well it's eat! I can't wait to meet you and Mary Sue.

Freckles

Hello Vinny & Mary Sue,

Check out the first rally post located by each name, this is where you can see what other folks are bringing for pot luck, this might help you decide.

Freckles

Count down !! We have 2 members arriving today!! Talked with the manger today all is set!! You need to walk in the office to sign in..

We are on site 15 !! Arriving on Wednesday.

Safe travels

Last edited:

dieselsweetheart

Just wanted to remind everyone (because I didn't realize) that according to the wish list for the shelter, they are not taking food donations because they feed their animals Hills Science Diet and they get all their food from that company. Greg, back me up on that? So....if you are shopping this week doesn't look like dog/cat food needs to be on your list!

truknutt

Committed Member
Greg,

Nona contacted the CG this morning and Golf Carts ARE allowed!! Now I have to decide....Cart for the crew or Harley for ME!!!! Unlike Duane, I can't fit both in the garage of the Cyclone!

Status
Not open for further replies.