City water connection

Dylan

Has anyone had to sure up the connection where the hose connects to the bighorn? I get a small leak and I have curled the hose up into the compartment, in order to alieviate the weight of the hose pulling down on the somewhat chinsy plastic connection. Any thoughts?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The 90 degree adapter is a good idea but also consider a brass quick connect fitting. Attach the 90 to the trailer connection then the quick connect to the bottom of the 90. This will save wear & tear on the plastic connection on the rig and save you hook up time. We use quick connects on all of our water lines except for the one at the parks supply bib.

Dylan

Good idea..thanks. I get frustrated at how they can design a trailer, but not put enough thought into how the certain types of connections, much like this one, can result in these types of issues. I guess I should make sure the washer is fine, put the elbow in, maybe a quick connect, and take some of the weight off the hose that's pulling on it.

TedS

Did the same thing that Ray did, 90deg + quick connect. Snap on, snap off and hose runs straight down.