Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 bighorn silverado problem

1. Print this Post   #1

2012 bighorn silverado problem

well im confused i purchased a 2012 heartland silverado bighorn about 2 months ago we used it on one trip for 2 weeks had a few problems all are supposed to be fixed but camper still at dealer its been 6 weeks they have had it longer then i have. they have been waiting on a sliding mirrior closet door that broke they cant seem to get a new one what do i do they have been trying to get one for 6 weeks .................i called factory dealer has called factory no one has any idea

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: 2012 bighorn silverado problem

Hi n2snow2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

It's very unusual that if you called the factory with you VIN handy and they could not tell you when to expect the door at your dealer. If that is all that is wrong, I would pickup the trailer and use it. You don't need the sliding mirror door to go camping.

Jim M
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    Disc Brakes
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information

3. Print this Post   #3
    Perfict Senior Member westxsrt10's Avatar

Why are you leaving the BigHorn at the dealer? Did the dealer say you can not take it home?
    Try this, when the door mirror comes in take your rig back to the dealer and get it installed while you wait.
    'jimtoo's' advise is right on.
    09 Sundance XLT 287RL, (SOLD and missed)
    08 Ford F-250 CC Lariat 4x4 V10, FS air bags, SCT tunes @5StarTuning.com
    10 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab
    08 Dodge Viper coupe SRT-10
    2014 Fleetwood Storm 32H with 2014 Jeep Patriot toad.

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by westxsrt10 View Post
    Why are you leaving the BigHorn at the dealer? Did the dealer say you can not take it home?
    Try this, when the door mirror comes in take your rig back to the dealer and get it installed while you wait.
    'jimtoo's' advise is right on.
    i would like to do that but camper will be out of state for 5-6 months i guess my point is how hard can it be for them to replace this mirror with all the problems we had on our first trip im kinda gun shy the sink in kitchen fell out living room floor soaking wet from driving 200 miles in the rain i understand all brands will have problems but for the money i would think they could if anything have a mirrior cut to fit in town .............

5. Print this Post   #5

I would lean on the dealer and have them take a door off another unit that they have in stock. At my work, we have done this to get the customer going if a part was not readily available. Ernie.

6. Print this Post   #6
    Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired codycarver's Avatar

It's not unheard of for dealers to blame Heartland for slow delivery of parts only to find out they were never ordered in the first place. I'd do like Jim suggested. Have your VIN handy, call Heartland customer service and get the facts from the source.
    "In nomine Domini gratis semper"

LIKE and use out our Rocky Mountain Heartland Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocky...89755611155362

Dave & Amy Tardiff and "Tucker" the yellow lab
    Cody, Wyoming
    2011 Bighorn 3670RL Saddle with Cherry interior
    2011 Ford F-450 W/Ford Custom Accessories Reese 25K 5th wheel hitch

7. Print this Post   #7

called heartland gave them my vin there all good with fixing problem but i guess 2012 rv they dont make the same mirrior the new one is shorter too small i asked dealer today if they could have new one cut he said yes but heartland wont pay for it how is it my problem they dont use that size for 2013 dealer has lots of trailers on lot but if he gives me a mirrior from one he will never sell it with no mirrior to bad i paid cash for the trailer......................

8. Print this Post   #8

Why doesn't the dealer or you just go to a glass place and have them cut a new mirror. See if Heartland will pay for it. If not, I don't think it would cost that much but if the mirror came broken Heartland should pay for it. Or else go on your trip and tell the dealer if it ever comes in to hold it for you. Have him measure it to make sure it is the correct size after he receives it.

I don't see why the dealer has to keep the rig while waiting for the mirror.
    Sue and Tom Wharton
    Hoover and Patches(Cats)
    2011 BH3670
    2001 International MDT Stalick Conversion
    Life Time Escapee

9. Print this Post   #9

I would still push the dealer to use one off there lot. I would bet they would get a mirror faster. Like you said they can't sell it with out one. When I got my BH it need a counter top that took 3 mouths to get. I had the Bh the whole time when it came in, I then took the Bh to the dealer. I would not let mirror keep me from using the BH. As for paying cash I do not think if you had a loan it would be any better. The dearler gets the money before you take it off the lot. I do not know all the people that you have talked to but if they are not getting what you want. I would talked to the next up the chain. You can step on peoples feet nicely, and it will not get them upset. I have done many times. I asked for there boss as I feel they nolonger make the decision to make it happen. Ernie

10. Print this Post   #10

well i just got a phone call from heartland mirrior ships out today should be here by tues. i hope so maybe ill be camping next week............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast