Help-both my door slide and kitchen slide have loose adjusting nuts

Hoser43

I suffer from the loose adjusting nut syndrome on both my door side and kitchen side slide. I have read and re-read the postings on others who have had the loose adjusting nut problem. I have also read the Liebert manual and found it contradictory. On the same page it states if you need the slide to come out more -adjust the nuts towards the end of the hydraulic rod. In the very next sentence they state to move the nuts back from the end if you need the slide home position to be tighter. Both these adjustments are contradictory to each other in that if you adjust the nuts one way that is putting the adjustment out for the opposite position. In other words to adjust the slide to come further out against the out position gaskets would leave you that much out of adjustment for the in position. I am missing something that is not explained in the miniscule operating manual Liebert puts out. Is there some sort of centering position for the hydraulic ram that isn't mentioned?? Any help from those who may know??

PUG

Pug
give heartland a call or experiment with the adjustment (counting turns) feeling or watching results.

jnbhobe

The nuts have about 2in of play between them, the inner one adjusts how far out the slide goes and the outer one adjudts how far in it goes. Keep track of what you do.

porthole

Retired
There should be three nuts on the the piston shaft. One is a "ny-lok" style, self locking. The other two are normal style nuts. Of those two, one is for adjustment, one is a jam nut to lock the first one. They are "jammed" to each other preventing movement.

About 2" of clearance between the nuts, either side of the bracket (depends on which way the slide piston traveled last) is normal.

On this site is a downloadable copy of the Lippert slide room adjusting procedure.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD