Need help adjusting my slideout

Oppy

I bought a 2014 Bighorn 37 BH 1 week ago and after I got home and put the slides out I found the slideout in the Bunkhouse on the outside kitchen side has a gap inside when open. If you are in the camper and looking at the slideout the top right corner sticks out about 1" to 1 1/2" the bottom right is sealed and both the top and bottom on the left side is sealed up. I have read the Lippert hydraulic slideout manual and it gives me nothing on this type of problem. I bought this camper 800 miles away and our Local Dealers aren't to fond of people who don't buy local so I really don't want to try to take this in would rather try to adjust myself. If anyone could give me a hand and help me in this adjustment please I would take any suggestions.It is a Lippert hydraulic system. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Oppy and welcome to the forum. Lots of good information here.
If you look at the top of the page you will see the 'Tools' button.
There is a lot of information there along with some owner written information.
One thing found there is this slideout page with some manufacturer manuals.
Hope this helps you out.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Oppy,

Congratulations on your new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Let me suggest first checking to see if anything inside is blocking the movement in that corner. The hydraulic rams push from the bottom, so if the bottom is seated, the top normally follows. If something stops the movement on one side, and that side doesn't settle as it fully extends, I think you could have a gap at the top.

I think you'll also want to check the vertical adjustment on the problem side. Compare it to the working side and look at your other slide for a comparison.

Also check the metal bar on the outside of the slide that the rams push against to make sure it's not twisting.

For the long run, you probably ought to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask whether there are any independent servicers in your area previously authorized for Heartland warranty work.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Slides are not hard to adjust, but sometimes very time consuming. I would do as Dan suggested. Call HL and see if they have someone close to you.... to do it for you.

I am having a similar problem with the bedroom slide closed. There is a small gap and it does not compress the seal to ensure water stays out. Im certain there is an adjustment and even went as far as accessing the slide mechanisms under the bed. I think i have a solution but just doesn't make sense as a solution.

donr827

Unless you are mechanically inclined I would try to find a local, non dealer, to do the adjustment. You would need to call HL customer for approval first. Sometimes you can do more harm then good trying to do it yourself. JMO
Don

If you have any explanation of how the procedure goes i would be most appreciative. I am mechanically inclined and work on my own equipment when practical. Thanks in advance.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We have a 2011 Bighorn and according to our paperwork an authorized mechanic is to work on the slide out mechanics or warranty is canceled...so when this happened to one of our slides (while it was under warranty) we received authorization from Heartland (along with a local authorized mechanic)...so you may want to double check your information on whether or not you'll mess up any warranty coverage. Just an FYI:)