ABS hitch cover

CCWREW

My ABS hitch cover hits a bit on the side rails of a tonneau cover. I know exactlty where it hits and I am wondering about the problems,l if any, with cutting out a semi circle on the side of the hitch cover to accommodate the cover rails. Any thoughts?

Roy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It cuts easily with a pair of tin snips, or by scoring and flexing with a utility knife. Actually, I'd leave it hitting the rails since it's more visible than the black pin box and you will see it start to flex before you grind the pin box into the rails. Kind of an early warning system.

sjs731

Anyone have or know of somebody that has a white pin box cover they don't need and want to get rid of? Message me if you do. Thanks.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 7 new white pin box covers that I purchased from a dealer that went out of business. I am going to take them to Goshen to the rally with us. I was thinking $25.00 obo/ ea. Any interest, let me know

KiwiRVer

On my last rig the back of the pinbox hit the side rails of my roll-n-lock cover when in a very tight turn so I ground off the rear corners of the pinbox so it would clear. On the current rig the fibreglass pinbox cover did the same but I then replaced the pinbox with a trail-air tri-glide. This also hits the side rails but the construction of the pinbox makes it far too difficult to try and do the same so I now have to just put up with it and every now and then straighten the side rails.

Lou_and_Bette

Buckeye, I would be interested in buying one of those pin box covers if they are close to the OEM ones, mine is cracking

Lou

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have 7 new white pin box covers that I purchased from a dealer that went out of business. I am going to take them to Goshen to the rally with us. I was thinking $25.00 obo/ ea. Any interest, let me know

I'd be interested to see if one will fit over our 5th Airborne. Our original from the ER would not fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk