Welcome home light fuse.

Stevo

My welcome home light fuse (5A) blew. I looked on the fuse panel and it has a 15A labeled on it. Would anybody know the correct amp required before I go buy a bunch? Thanks in advance.

danemayer

I'd go by the marking on the fuse. The panel might have a larger fuse to support additional devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brianharrison

The light has a timer switch to turn off after a short time (3 minutes or so). I believe the fuse is rated at 5 amp to protect this switch. Specifically it is called a Smart Highside High Current Switch, model DTM904, supplied by KIB electronics in Elkhart. Link to vendor information. Looks like the ones used for door timers might be customized - I'm not sure though, as mine is labeled DTM904-2.

Here is a pic of mine.

I would stay with the 5 amp even though the circuit may be "generically labelled" for 15amp (labelling can be incorrect). The info from KIB does show their current model is limited to max of 12amp. I would be comfortable putting a 10amp in mine. I beleive though my fuse is a 5 amp as well, even though its label shows 15 amp like yours.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Attachments

• DSC03785.jpg
    DSC03785.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 50

wdk450

When in doubt, I would contact Heartland service with my VIN number ready. I believe they have build sheets for each VIN on computer files.