Some channels no sound....

oscar

OK, riddle me this one Batman.....

Pulled into campground and connected cable. Ran auto-program on bedroom TV (Legend) and salon TV (Magnavox). Both captured the same channels, and TV in bedroom has sound on all......BUT.... salon TV is missing sound on half the channels... Repeated auto program, no joy.

I KNOW there's sound on the cable, as the bedroom TV is hearing it.......

Go figure, any ideas?

danemayer

Oscar, this sounds very similar to a problem someone had last year. He changed the closed captioning setting to text to clear it up.

I'm having the same problem on Living Room TV (Toshiba) on channel 31, but it only happens sometimes.
I have run the bedroom TV (Jensen) at the same time and it is fine.

Hockster

======================================================================================================================================

oscar

Tried all of the above suggestions, no joy. I suspect it's going to be really hard to find someone who knows, and even harder to to find someone who cares. When I Google the question my original post is on the first page....not a good sign.

oscar

After further Googling there was some talk about a weak signal. Maybe the Magnavox is more susceptible than the Legend.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
You could temporarily use a barrel connector to by pass a splitter to see if the splitter is dropping the signal too much. you can also usually swap the output lines on the splitter to see if there is any difference. A bad splitter could be the problem. I think the antenna amplifier/cable switch is in the bedroom and one output on that switch would go to the bedroom TV and the other one on to feed a splitter for the main and rear room TVs.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thinking about a weak signal. Make sure you check all the connectors to see that they are secure and not shorted out. A stray strand(s) of the outer braided wire touching or near the center could also cause all kinds of problems.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Had same issue with TV in bedroom. Solved it by going through set-up, audio. Put it on another setting (sorry I have forgotten exactly what) and sound has worked perfectly on every channel since. Easy to try, and may solve your issue as well.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Had same issue with TV in bedroom. Solved it by going through set-up, audio. Put it on another setting (sorry I have forgotten exactly what) and sound has worked perfectly on every channel since. Easy to try, and may solve your issue as well.

It may be possible to use the TV menu to reset all the settings to factory default as a last resort option.

wdk450

If it's weak signal, try another piece of connect coax to the park feed, and try some contact spray on the connections.