JT Strongarms Install

sjs731

I installed JT Strongarms on our 3300CK this weekend in between the rain we've been getting here. I ran into a few issues. First on the front the rod to lower the spare tire is slightly off center so the mounts for the stabilizers couldn't be centered on the rig. Next the way the gas line is mounted made it difficult to mount the stabilizer brackets on the flange of the main frame. On the back I have a hitch installed on the frame that I made to haul our bikes on the bike rack. The hitch made it impossible to mount the stabilizers to the frame so I mounted them to the cross member of the hitch as seen in the picture. Time will tell how that will work out. I still have 14 inches of clearance below the rear brackets which should be fine because my 4 place bike rack sticks out behind the rig about 4 feet and i've never had it hit the ground in driveways etc. Overall fairly straight forward install and by myself I would say about a 4 hour job. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370827204.403839.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370827215.370405.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370827233.429203.jpg

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earl_Max

Nice Post Steve.

Looks great. I'll be doing the same with my 3300CK. When the little monkies are all active in the bunkhouse, those JT's would be nice.
I completed my hitch (looks pretty much like yours) so I really appreciate your insight.

Earl

sjs731

I have had my doubts in the past about how good these Strongarms would work but they make a HUGE difference and were worth every penny!

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252

Lockandload

I am wanting to add these to my 3300qs but when I looked at it I was wondering about the spare tire mount, do they mount and work OK with the spare tire mount? I ask a vendor that sells them but he could not tell me.

jimtoo

Hi Lockandload,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

They will help,, not sure where your spare is mounted, but if you can get 2 of the JT's on the front and 2 on the back it will help,, or just the 4 on the front. I had all 6 installed on my previous Bighorn and so far I have only installed 4 on the front of this one and it sure makes a difference.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

sjs731

I am wanting to add these to my 3300qs but when I looked at it I was wondering about the spare tire mount, do they mount and work OK with the spare tire mount? I ask a vendor that sells them but he could not tell me.

Is your spare tire at the front like in my pic? If it is the mechanism to lower the tire is probably slightly off center but the mount will still work fine. You just have to center it over the tube of the mechanism to get bolt clearance. Message me if you have any other questions.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252

Gas20

How much drilling do you have to do to mount these? I'm thinking about mounting them on my Elkridge, Oh and what size bolts are mounted to the frame in case I need to buy a couble of extra drill bits

ParkIt

Hi Lockandload,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

They will help,, not sure where your spare is mounted, but if you can get 2 of the JT's on the front and 2 on the back it will help,, or just the 4 on the front. I had all 6 installed on my previous Bighorn and so far I have only installed 4 on the front of this one and it sure makes a difference.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M
Jim, where did you mount the 4 in the front? I think there is clearance for 2 in the back of ours as well, not sure though, will have to do some measuring.

porthole

Retired
How much drilling do you have to do to mount these? I'm thinking about mounting them on my Elkridge, Oh and what size bolts are mounted to the frame in case I need to buy a couble of extra drill bits

Each frame bracket gets two bolts, 3/8" IIRC. The other end uses existing holes in the jacks.