QC suggestion to prevent shower leaks.

azbigfoot

A friendly suggestion to Heartland. The shower door floor track and end rails are well caulked (both inside and outside the shower). During construction there was no caulk applied to the inside joint between the floor track and side rails. While showering the water naturally splashes in the track and leaks below the floor track thru this opening. Two very small applications of caulk on each end of the track would help owners from wiping up the floor and having to recaulk themselves. Thanks.

stevenssr

I have to agree. This seems to be a very common problem greeting a lot of new owners on their maiden voyage. Not a big deal, but these doors don't stand a chance of keeping water in without caulk given the shape/design of the tracks and the shape of the shower enclosure.

BTW, I understand that RV dealers are mostly commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) integrators, because I do something similar. On the installation drawings a drawing note could be made to apply sealant to the joints during installation. A large majority of the problems discussed on this board are supplier related problems and Heartland gets blamed for some product that's used in almost all RV's. However, this issue, well, that's a different story. Overall, I understand this is one minor issue, and I'm a very satisfied customer with my Big Country, 3070RE. I highly recommend Heartland products. Keep up the great work!

rxbristol

Hi Jeff and Ruth,

Yes, it took me a couple of attempts to stop the leak until I realized that the inside joint needed caulking. Wish I had seen your post earlier. I have a 2014 Landmark San Antonio and Heartland is still not sealing the joint.

sengli

First thing I did on the day of our PDI, is seal those corners of the doors track. Actually I used alot of RTV, I resealed alot of places on the days following our delivery. I resealed many placed I thought needed it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The best way to solve this is to go back to the earlier design, prior to 2013. The shower door track sat behind a lip built into the shower base...there was NO way for water to come out onto the floor...all water was forced back into the shower. Cannot understand why they went to a design that sets the shower door track on a flat surface??