Lost TV signal

pokypa

When I cut the bedroom lights on I lose the signal from antennae on both tv's, cut the lights off both tv's come back on. One light in hallway when cut on lose signal on tv's. All of theses lights are LED.
The lights in living area has no effort on the tv's. Both tv's work fine any finds channels very well with power booster. Hope someone with 3260EL has found what's going on. Need help with this

danemayer

Hi pokypa,

Does the signal booster light go out when you turn those LED lights on?

Locate and pull the fuse for the lights that are causing the problem and see if that fuse also supplies power to the signal booster.

If yes, I'd suspect a wiring problem somewhere on that circuit - perhaps a staple or screw going into the wire.

pokypa

The light on the power booster stays on and does not dim. I will check the fuse and see if the lights and power booster are on the same fuse. Thanks for your help.

pokypa

The power booster and the bedroom lights are on two fuses. When I pull the power booster fuse that also feeds the closet light the power booster light stays on until I cut the closet light switch to the on position the the power booster light goes out, cut the closet lights with in the off position the power light comes back on, all of this with the fuse pulled to antennae
closet. When I pull the fuse to the bedroom ceiling lights the lights don't go out but dims. What is going on.

danemayer

The power booster and the bedroom lights are on two fuses. When I pull the power booster fuse that also feeds the closet light the power booster light stays on until I cut the closet light switch to the on position the the power booster light goes out, cut the closet lights with in the off position the power light comes back on, all of this with the fuse pulled to antennae
closet. When I pull the fuse to the bedroom ceiling lights the lights don't go out but dims. What is going on.
My guess: you've got some cross wiring between these 2 circuits.

wdk450

There was another thread on this exact same problem within the last few weeks. I suggested .001 microfarad 35 volt ceramic capacitors soldered across the power leads for the lights as close as possible to the light fixtures to shunt out RF noise possibly coming from the fixtures.

pokypa

Just and update. When I pull the fuse on the bedroom lights they don't go out completely, just get dim. So something else is feeding that circuit. I pull every fuse in the fuse panel and the lights still stay on dim. So my limited knowledge tells me that the fuse panel has to be shorted to feed power to the lights. Someone jump in and tell me if I'm thinking right.

danemayer

Roger, if you remove the screws that hold the fuse box in place, so you can get to the back, you can take a voltmeter reading on that circuit and inspect for anything that looks out of place. There are large wires attached to the fuse box that bring in 12V from the power converter and the battery. It's hard to imagine that with all fuses pulled the circuit could be powered from anywhere but the back of the fuse box.

One other thought: if you don't read any DC voltage on the light circuit, but the lights on in the dim condition, start flipping 110V circuit breakers off to see if there's any change. Just a wild guess but I'm wondering if you might have an 110V problem that's doing something weird.

wdk450

I would call Heartland Service with your last report. I would think that any circuit not truly fused violates some electrical code.

We need more info on these new LED lights. Anybody have a brand/model we can research???

Just and update. When I pull the fuse on the bedroom lights they don't go out completely, just get dim. So something else is feeding that circuit. I pull every fuse in the fuse panel and the lights still stay on dim. So my limited knowledge tells me that the fuse panel has to be shorted to feed power to the lights. Someone jump in and tell me if I'm thinking right.

pokypa

I really don't think that it's not fused, but rather a short in the fuse board, feeding to the power boost and bedroom ceiling light, if my thinking is right

pokypa

When I pull the fuse the lights almost go out but stay dim. That tells me that they are fused but power is there from another source.

pokypa

Is there any technical help from Heartland over the phone. When I call I talk to customer service and they give no help over the phone. All the say is carry it to a dealer.

danemayer

I doubt the customer service people can go very deep on a subject like this, so their only option is to direct you to a service location.

pokypa

I pulled ever fuse on the fuse panel and the bedroom lights still burn dim and the power booster light stays lite. Sounds like the board that holds the fuses has a short in it.

danemayer

PokyPa,

I think it unlikely that you have a short in the fuse panel.

Try this experiment. Turn the battery cutoff to OFF and flip the Power Converter Circuit Breaker to OFF. Those 2 steps will cut all 12V power (except the breakaway switch). If the lights go out, there's a problem in the 12V wiring.

If the lights stay on in the dim condition, there must be some problem involving 110V wiring. Start turning off the other circuit breakers one by one until the lights go out. That will identify which 110V circuit is involved.

wdk450

I just recalled that fuseboxes with LED indicators STILL pass a very small amount of current even when the fuse is blown. The fuse blown indicator LED itself is the path for this current. It is wired across the fuse, so the normal (not blown) fuse looks like a wire short across the LED. When the fuse blows (or is removed), that "wire short" is now not present, the indicator LED has power voltage and a ground return through the load circuit (with the load turned ON). Usually it is not enough current to run anything, but might be enough to dimly light the overhead LEDS. I think your LED lights still being on is normal, but another owner could replicate your removing fuses (with the LED lights switched ON) to verify this.

Last edited:

pokypa

If someone that has LED lights in the ceiling in the bedroom could do a test for me. Turn the LED lights on and pull the fuse that is labeled for the bedroom. See if the lights go out or dim and please post your results. Thanks for your help.

sengli

I have the exact same problem with my 3260 as well. Turn on the bedroom lights, and poof the signal for both of the TV's in the coach is gone. Turn off the bedroom lights, and the signal and picture comes back right away. If its wired wrong they must have done it to all of the 3260's the same way.

pokypa

Well that makes me feel a little better. Does not fix the problem but let's me know it's not only me. Must be wired wrong somewhere in the maze of wires. If any other owners of a 3260 have this problem please post it.