Freshwater tank problems..

bstark08

We are having a problem running out of water with water still in the tank. My guess is either there is a pump issue or if there is a dip tube that may be broken about half way into the tank. Has anyone had this problem? The tank was filled before our first trip this past weekend and water stopped pumping the next day, even though the gauge showed between 1/3 & 2/3. Friends of our was able to pump water to us and only used about 20 gallons to fill our tank full.... We did this twice in the three days. Our last trailer we made about 35 gallons last three days. Also what is the best way to get to the freshwater tank? From what I can see that isn't very easy.

Thanks in advance....

We have a 2012 Trail Runner 29RK.

danemayer

Hi bstark08,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of great information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful owners. I'm sure some will chime in with their thoughts.

If you have a sealed underbelly, to gain access to the fresh tank you may have to cut out 3 sides of a rectangle and fold the coroplast down. When finished, tape it back into place with heavy Gorilla Tape or roofing flashing tape.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may be able to access the tank by just removing the screws that hold the Coroplast in place.
Some rigs have stuff in the way and the only access will be cutting.

Peace
Dave

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Is it possible that the tank isn't venting? Perhaps you are pumping water until the vacuum overwhelms the pump.

caissiel

It could be that the tank does not fill properly.
Our last unit we had to force feed the tank until I lined up the feed line and vent line. If you press the hose against the fill neck it will flush the vent out water laying in a bellied vent line to. You need to do that when tank is empty not to hurt the tank.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

bstark08

Thanks again for the suggestions... When work and time allows I will try them and get back on here to let you al know what worked.