Insurance??????

Dryer

Called good Sam today to get an insurance quote on our new 4200 today. Wow was I shocked!!!! They want $153 for insurance with 1000 deductible. Does that seem really high to everyone? Any suggestions is appreciated

jimtoo

I have never checked around,, been with a local agent for ever with every thing. 09 Bighorn 3670RL,,, Progressive,,RV ,,, 54K agreed value, 0 ded... $581 per year.

danemayer

We're paying Geico $628 per year with a $250 deductible for our 2011 Landmark. Coverage is continuous all year. We also have the house, car and truck insured with them so there are some discounts for multiple coverages.

Insurance pricing is usually related to the vehicle purchase price, where you store it, your claims history, the company providing coverage.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
And the type of coverage. In my case the $150/month is reasonable but policy is for a full timer and provides personal liability and medical pymts since I no longer have a homeowners policy to provide the liability coverage if someone gets hurt while in my fiver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827

That sounds high to me. Just paid my bill to Progressive for the year $1020. We do have the replacement cost coverage but living in South Florida, hurricanes, our comprehensive cost is higher then the collosion coverage. I called GS for a quote ant they quoted $1,600.
Don

szewczyk_john

This is interesting but please explain what insurance you are taking about with your quotes. I understand that you can have comp & collision coverage only all the way up to being the same as home owners insurance which covers your unit for fire, theft, burglary and even weather related damage. I have State Farm and I have home, life, 3 vehicles, two motorcycles, the RV. So I got great coverage with a bunch of discounts but I pay one monthly charge for all of those coverages and I can not honestly tell you how much I pay just for the RV. I also have my two boys ages 19 and 16 insured under my policy so I know I am forced to pay extra for that. I would like to know coverages and deductible amounts people have with their policies to go along with their quotes. I also wonder how many of us actually know what will be covered and what will not be covered under all the different types of coverages that are available. I have an appointment with my agent later this week to review my coverages so this is a very timely post as well.

scottyb

I think Good Sams must have an issue with TH's. I got a quote from them when I purchased and again recently, with the same results as Dryer. I'm paying less than 1/3 of that through State Farm, for $1K deductible.

Rob63

I have Good Sam insurance on my 2014 Trail Runner. Just bought the insurance in February. $298 for the year. Full replacement and up to 3 grand for the contents for the first 5 years. After that, they will pay me what I paid for the trailer. We are seasonal campers. Otherwise the trailer is parked at our home.

MTPockets

And the type of coverage. In my case the $150/month is reasonable but policy is for a full timer and provides personal liability and medical pymts since I no longer have a homeowners policy to provide the liability coverage if someone gets hurt while in my fiver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You may be about right for a full timers policy and the liability, etc. that under many types would fall under your home owners coverage; no home, you need a Fulltimers policy. We use Blue Sky at a little more than yours, but we cover the truck and contents of a small off-site storage locker.

RobP

I just bought insurance for our 2015 4100. 1378 for the year. Full timers policy, 500,000 liability with medical payments as well. 7500 in Emergency Funds in case rig gets damaged or winds up in the shop for any reason and we have no home. Full replacement cost. 15000 in personal contents.1000 deductible. Roadside assistance. 5000 for things in storage at our home base. Through my local agent who went through progressive.

Rob

Wk15

Progressive $915.00 for the year with total loss replacement price $500 deductible.

szewczyk_john

I had meeting with my agent last night. My unit costs $265.00 for the year with a $500.00 deductible for any kind of physical damage done to my trailer no matter who or what causes the damage to the unit, king pin to bumper. My property inside of the unit is covered under my homeowners policy. Damage done by me to others property is covered under my trucks comp and collision. Keep in mind that I have had the same insurance for 24 years and this agent for the last 11 years. I have my home, life, 1 truck, 2 cars and 2 motorcycles. He said everything gets restored to as if the damage never happened. So if all four of my new goodyear 114s get slashed, I can get 4 new ones mins my 500 deductible.

It was suggested that we make a list of all the property that we keep in the trailer or travel with and maybe even a video of a quick walk through just to have some evidence of what is in the unit should it need to be replaced. My homeowners has full replacement value so having a list would be easier than having to remember what we had in the unit.

The down side to my policy is that it is insured as a vehicle with a vehicle identification number and in the event of a total loss I get back book value at the time of accident.

EandJ

I think Good Sams must have an issue with TH's. I got a quote from them when I purchased and again recently, with the same results as Dryer. I'm paying less than 1/3 of that through State Farm, for $1K deductible.

Not just TH's. Just got a quote on a new TT we are getting. Wanted almost $800 a year. Guess I'll be staying with TX Farm Bureau for about 1/2 that.

Good Sam just doesn't seem competitive on much of anything anymore. They wouldn't even offer us financing so I went to Ally and got really good rate.