Getting first 5 th wheel this week

jkcloftis

Hello all,

The wife and I are picking up a 2007 Bighorn 3055RL this week.

Never had a 5th wheel, but are really excited.

jimtoo

Hi jkcloftis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

Inspect the unit really good and make sure everything works if your buying from a dealer. Try to get them to take care of anything you find wrong. I would also recommend you check the caulking very good, some or a lot of it may need redone. Check the tires, if showing any signs of age or cracks get them replaced right away.

If you have questions, just ask and we will try to help.

Jim M

alethaj

Welcome to Heartland Owners group...for sure join our group..we too are pretty new to this group and I can't tell you how helpful they have been...we have had 3 other rv's before this one and I have to say we have never been so welcomed before...Enjoy your unit..happy camping..

jkcloftis

Thanks for the advise Jim. We are buying from a local dealer we have used before. He's offering a 1 year warranty. He sold the unit new. We are very excited

jdamude

I second the caulking. We have a 2014 and have found some roof areas that the sun has cracked already.

Hi and welcome to this forum. My husband and I have the same model built in 2008. We are very happy with it so far. We have had several RV and this has been the best one for sure. We've owned it since May, but it feels like home. Congrats on your purchase. Fran Hallock

Grey Ghost

Welcome, you will love this forum, great people here and lots of assistance if you ask for it. You will love your 5ver, much easier to pull and park than a travel trailer and you will really notice a difference on the road when passed or passing a truck, no more pull!! Good luck in the future and enjoy your 5ver, lots of fun.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I also strongly suggest you check the caulking, but look for movement in the front of the trailer. Along the edges the frames have had a problem with movement. When Heartland made their first trailers the frame that connected to the pin box was not welded (Lippert mfgr) good enough and caused separation in the frame and front body.

Also check to see which axles you have under it. Probably 6k. That may be enough for the 3055 which was a good and popular trailer. As said check the tires. Make sure they are not over 5 years old and made in China. They may look good but if they blow out they will damage your trailer.

Good luck and happy trails.

BC

jbeletti

Congrats to you! New or used, always do a very thorough PDI before you sign off and officially take delivery - then have the dealer knock out your list before you drive it off.

That is great he is giving you a 1 year warranty. That will give you some peace of mind. Do yourself a favor and go over the list of covered and uncovered items with the finance person before you're done with them. That way, you'll know what it covers and what it does not and won't set yourself up for disappointment down the road.

Lastly, use your new RV, make memories with it and for sure - join the Heartland Owners Club!

Kosanko

Congrats!!, we are rookie 5er owners and any question I can think of someone on here has the answer!!