New To This Forum

Thanks for having me here! My name is Donna. My husband Dave & I currently own a 2009 Forest River 25 ft Salem TT which we have enjoyed running up to the lake here in Northern California or over to the coast once in a while. Last year (2013) we had a great road trip from our current home in CA to North Carolina to spend time with family there. We took our time, & were gone for about a month.

It's been our intention for quite some time to make a big change in our life. That change is now in the works. We are in the middle of sorting, throwing, giving, selling, etc., most of our entire household. You know....the accumulation of a lifetime. Our home is a large two story house on a .28 acre lot. It's been well used by ourselves, & many family and friends. It's benefited us all & served it's purpose :)

Hoping to have the house cleared out & cleaned up and on the market for sale by September if possible. At that time we aim to move into our 25 ft TT until the house is sold, staying nearby in two different Thousand Trails alternately. I would say that we will take our time deciding about our full time upgraded RV, but we have known for quite sometime that we will purchase a Heartland Cyclone. Still deciding which model will work for us, & we can see now that we will have to upgrade the truck too.

Thanks for letting me drag on :) Looking forward to getting acquainted!

~Donna

danemayer

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A number of us have been going through exactly the same process this year; getting rid of a lifetime of accumulated stuff, selling our sticks and bricks home, and taking off in the RV.

If you have any questions, there's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here who are quick to reach out with help.

ILH

Just a handful of years and I'll be going through the same process. However, since my wife is a packrat, it could be a challenge!

Hi Dan, And what a process it is! I never realized just how much work it takes to rid oneself of their belongings. We yard saled yet again this morning. Beginning to see a huge difference finally. Just doing what it takes to get there!

Thank you for the welcome!

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A number of us have been going through exactly the same process this year; getting rid of a lifetime of accumulated stuff, selling our sticks and bricks home, and taking off in the RV.

If you have any questions, there's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here who are quick to reach out with help.

Hello Ian, Well if I can do this "elimination process" I bet she can too. What a relief it's been. I can't seem to kiss it all good bye fast enough!

I'm glad you have something to look forward to!

Just a handful of years and I'll be going through the same process. However, since my wife is a packrat, it could be a challenge!

Seren

Welcome to the forum!

We just finished what you are starting. Bought a Landmark in March, sold, gave away or threw out nearly everything we owned, sold our house in three weeks and for the last month have been fulltiming. The hard part of getting rid of things for us was at the start, but once we realized that most all the "valuable" items we had were only "valuable" to us, then it got easier and easier.
If you are looking for any advise, just do a search or ask. There are very helpful people on here who have a tremendous amount of knowledge. The nice thing about this forum is nothing is sugar coated. You will hear about what is great about Heartland products, but also hear about the problems. All RVs will have its share of problem since they are nothing more than house on wheels, but I believe what makes Heartland one of the best is that they have outstanding customer service that will do whatever they can to resolve any issues. In addition, most folks on here would not hesitate making their next purchase another Heartland and as I said before are more than willing to assist in anyway.
Wish you the best and hope to see you in your new Cyclone around the campfire.

Michael and Alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A Landmark! Nice. Glad for you that your house sold so quickly! Surprisingly to me, it hasn't been emotionally difficult to part with our belongings after all. It's just been a lot of work. Keeping our vision though! That's what drives me ahead.

I appreciate hearing that there are others like you going through this too. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

We just finished what you are starting. Bought a Landmark in March, sold, gave away or threw out nearly everything we owned, sold our house in three weeks and for the last month have been fulltiming. The hard part of getting rid of things for us was at the start, but once we realized that most all the "valuable" items we had were only "valuable" to us, then it got easier and easier.
If you are looking for any advise, just do a search or ask. There are very helpful people on here who have a tremendous amount of knowledge. The nice thing about this forum is nothing is sugar coated. You will hear about what is great about Heartland products, but also hear about the problems. All RVs will have its share of problem since they are nothing more than house on wheels, but I believe what makes Heartland one of the best is that they have outstanding customer service that will do whatever they can to resolve any issues. In addition, most folks on here would not hesitate making their next purchase another Heartland and as I said before are more than willing to assist in anyway.
Wish you the best and hope to see you in your new Cyclone around the campfire.

Michael and Alice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD