What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced our equalizers, shackles, bushings and bolts.
38af61eaa17f447cdbd0e8755aeaaf44.jpg

Only took us about 11 hours over 2 days. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Tucked the old Elkridge in for a long winters nap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    772.3 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 177

Grey Ghost

Scheduled a wash and wax for the old girl today to make her all pretty and shinny again. She deserves it, don't you think?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We replaced our equalizers, shackles, bushings and bolts.
38af61eaa17f447cdbd0e8755aeaaf44.jpg

Only took us about 11 hours over 2 days. :p

Hmm, if Tony wasn't napping under there it might have been about 4 hours. :)

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Having inside storage for the trailer would be awesome . . .

We park ours next to our house.

CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg

Which is nice . . . but indoors would still be awesome!

cgaskins

Returned from our first trip in the new Big Country yesterday afternoon. It was just a short weekender, but a great "shake down" trip to get us ready for our annual Thanksgiving trip to Garner State Park in November. Found a few small things that need to be fixed, but overall the new BC worked great.

2014-10-24 16.53.58.jpg

-Chris

TravelTiger

Hmm, if Tony wasn't napping under there it might have been about 4 hours. :)

Peace
Dave

Haha! He probably wishes he could have napped! He had a late night Friday, getting home from work about 1:45am, after an 18-hour workday. Then at 10:15am we began this project. It got up to 90*, and working in the heat/sun was not much fun!!

The second side went much better. In the shade, and knew what to expect. Started at 10:30 and ended about 2:30. That includes tear down and setup.

Glad it's done!!

JWalker

Haha! He probably wishes he could have napped! He had a late night Friday, getting home from work about 1:45am, after an 18-hour workday. Then at 10:15am we began this project. It got up to 90*, and working in the heat/sun was not much fun!!

The second side went much better. In the shade, and knew what to expect. Started at 10:30 and ended about 2:30. That includes tear down and setup.

Glad it's done!!

Are you hoping for better ride quality with the upgrades? We do not get a chance to travel as much as we would like, but we are always looking for something to help with ride.

TravelTiger

Are you hoping for better ride quality with the upgrades? We do not get a chance to travel as much as we would like, but we are always looking for something to help with ride.

Jamie, it really wasn't an upgrade this time. We replaced our axles, springs, and suspension in 2011 -- going from 6k to 7k. The work we did this weekend was because suspension, shackles, bolts and bushings were worn out after 3 years and LOTS of miles.

326f93cc155f64776defa8cfec8f8019.jpg

(New 'NeverFail' bushing at top, two worn bushings removed, and a standard nylon bushing at the bottom - not used.)

aeb476bbe8b1f79c2eec0f8cfcfc29bc.jpg
244768d87abe201cfe3a8c9f22a1542f.jpg
4cb3c9b0199266919829b8996d6a14c4.jpg

In fact, I'm not certain but the shackles and bushings could be OEM, and 4-1/2 years old. We had the 2011 upgrades done by two different independent places, and back then, the original shackles and bushings probably looked fine.

Replacement parts:
471f7fba3342bc0472132f79422ba395.jpg
d3b753aafb055b55c010e4cff6a4bd8a.jpg

porthole

Retired
How many is "lots of miles"

All I can think of is - it sure is a good thing the trucks we use to pull these things don't wear out like the trailers do.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
JWalker, What's the cost to park in the enclosed storage? Here in Reno it's about $325 for a private storage garage. I'll wash and wax and cover beside the house.

JWalker

JWalker, What's the cost to park in the enclosed storage? Here in Reno it's about $325 for a private storage garage. I'll wash and wax and cover beside the house.

$2.20/ft
Climate controlled 55 degrees
Seems to be the going rate around here.

FiremanBill

Took ours out to the storage lot on base this weekend. One more trip with her in December and then it'll be time ti winterize her and long for spring...

Attachments

• 1023141114.jpg
    1023141114.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 89

TravelTiger

How many is "lots of miles"

All I can think of is - it sure is a good thing the trucks we use to pull these things don't wear out like the trailers do.

Well, "lots of miles" is relative. I think it was about 8-10k a year. Also note, the ER does not have shocks.

Westwind

Waxed the back cap today and will be working on the front tomorrow. Need to sand and paint the frame and rusty screws. But removing old caulk and installing new calking has got to be done before the weather changes on Thursday - 2 more days.