What did you do to your camper today?

danemayer

We are winterizing. Have a 2014 bighorn. How does the heated underbelly work
Hi PaMa,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's a 2" duct coming off the furnace that runs to the underbelly providing a small amount of heat when the furnace is running. It protects the water lines in the underbelly in mildly freezing weather - maybe to the mid 20s (F). The more the furnace runs, the more protection you get.

Mizmary

Fixed my kitchen sink (lack of) water pressure. And probably broke the hose. Or at the very least removed a water saver from it - along with a ton of tiny calcium deposits that had clogged the junk up.

Yeah for water pressure! My dishes will be clean again! :cool:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finished washing the BC right as the. "Cold" front moved into the area. Nothing like washing in a cold drizzle. Still got lots of camping to do though. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_fergie

Have bronze sink faucet that should be waiting at home when I get there tonight for the bathroom (replace cheap while plastic factory model)... fired up heater last night in it along with an oil heater.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Performed battery maintenance on the BH's two batteries by cleaning all terminal connections, applying protectant, and checking the water level since it'll be up to the convertor to keep them charged up over the winter.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not today, but yesterday I blew out all lines with compressed air. Ran some anti freeze thru the water pump and poured some down all drains. Washed off the tops of the slides.

Cjackg

Drained & Winterized my Cyclone today using compressed air and just 1/2 gal of antifreeze for the drains. The most aggravating part was the Washer connections that we dont even use... so I decided to install another lo-point drain to simplify it next time around...

Washer-LoWaterDrain.JPG

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well . . . last week I put off to this week the wash and wax of our trailer . . .

But, we are going to be below zero tonight, tomorrow and the next couple of days . . .

So I guess I deserve that nomination for the President of the Procrastinators Of America Club! :rolleyes::eek::p

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This past weekend MrTravelTiger cleaned out the hot water heater, and checked the anode rod. Got the furnace going and opened windows to clear the "first-run burned-dust smell." He removed and drained the Watts regulator and 2-stage water filter system we have in a tub under the coach, and replaced with standard regulator and single stage filter in UDC in anticipation of winter weather (easier to keep from freezing.) Hooked up the heated Pirit hose, checked the bulb and positioning of the reflector light behind the basement wall, partially filled the fresh tank and checked the pump operation. -- this is our first extended stay in fall/winter... had to prep for it--- temps in the 20s-40s next few days!! Turned on the tank/pipe heaters, too. Oh and today took a tank and had propane filled up.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Went to the storage facility and plugged the rig in to top off the batteries. They won't let me leave it plugged in continuously but don't mind if I plug it in for 24 hrs every month.

JohnD

Well . . . right now it is 0 degrees outside, so I guess I won't be doing anything to the trailer today.

However, I do have to go outside and shovel the sidewalks!

DOH!

VKTalley

Yesterday, I waited for the RV mobile tech guy to come fix my furnace before it got too cold here in Nashville (which was a quick repair, completed in less than 1 hour). We already had our heated hose out and put a light inside the UDC. Today, I'm working on some sewing projects.

VKTalley

Well . . . right now it is 0 degrees outside, so I guess I won't be doing anything to the trailer today.

However, I do have to go outside and shovel the sidewalks!

DOH!

John, You can have the snow! I am ready to head SOUTH where it is warmer.

VKTalley

I think this cold snap is reaching all the way through Texas . . . :p

John, Malcolm (MCTalley) and I are in Nashville, TN, right now while he is working. Heading to the panhandle of Florida in less than a week to spend Thanksgiving with our son at his AF base. 23 degrees here this morning with a high of 38 degrees forecasted for today.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yep! In the 20s here, and I heard 38 for Houston! Brrrrr!

Two hours from Houston and we are 30 this am with a wind chill in mid to low 20's. Gonna warm up till Monday and get hit again.

JohnD

5 degrees right now (7:10 am) on the north side of Denver!

Supposed to get up to the mid-30's today.