What did you do to your camper today?

whp4262

I just received delivery of my new slide floors for the kitchen and dinette slides from Heartland for my Cyclone. Not sure when I will install them but it will be before the start of the next season. I was looking at getting the Duraslide floors because they claim to be water and rot proof. So I called the company for a quote. They wanted $700.00+ for one floor and shipping. After a little research I found out these were the floors the HL factory was using when my unit was built, the same ones several people had de lamination problems with. So I asked the company if they could send a sample which I offered to pay for. After that they quit talking to me, glad I didn't spend the $700.00. Ended up ordering them through HL, they look good and they were a little over $500.00 for 2 floors and shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Just finished swapping out my OTA TV batwing antenna with a Jack Antenna with the built in signal finder display. Testing it here in my driveway shows that there doesn't seem to be much difference in reception between the new Jack Antenna and the batwing antenna. I get the same channels and the quality seems to be the same. In the past two months I have twice almost pulled out with my antenna up, but friends stopped me in time. With the new one that problem goes away and it is much easier to orient. That is the main reason I swapped. I mostly use satellite so I was always forgetting about the OTA on the rare occasions we used it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just finished swapping out my OTA TV batwing antenna with a Jack Antenna with the built in signal finder display. Testing it here in my driveway shows that there doesn't seem to be much difference in reception between the new Jack Antenna and the batwing antenna.

You may find that in places where the batwing didn't pull in many channels before that you'll get more channels.

I bought just the Jack Antenna and mounted it to the batwing arm and in my yard I pull in at least 30 more channels than I did with the batwing (over 70 total).

And I even am still using the same antenna amplifier that is built in the trailer instead of the one that came with the Jack antenna.

As for leaving it up before hauling, I have a key chain with a tag on it that I hang from the crank handle when it is up just to remind me that it is up.

porthole

Retired
I have a key chain with a tag on it that I hang from the crank handle when it is up just to remind me that it is up.

I have the Jack antenna now, but before that I used one of these tags, only mine I hung on the sun visor so it would be right in my face when I got in the truck. Too easy to miss hanging on the crank handle.

Attachments

• Antenna-Tag.jpg
    Antenna-Tag.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 82

pegmikef

And I even am still using the same antenna amplifier that is built in the trailer instead of the one that came with the Jack antenna.

As for leaving it up before hauling, I have a key chain with a tag on it that I hang from the crank handle when it is up just to remind me that it is up.

Actually, the amplifier is built into the antennas (it was on the batwing and is on the Jack). The booster built in to the trailer is really just a 12 volt power supply for the amp in the antenna and a signal distribution splitter. I compared the one that came with the Jack to the one in the trailer and they are basically the same with a slightly different configuration. They both have cable connectors for cables to the antenna (this one is powered), for a CATV input cable, and a third for a second TV output cable. The connector on the front is another output for a TV. The way mine is set up the second TV output cable goes to the living room and output on the front is jumpered to the bedroom tv cable outlet. Satellite cabling is separate.

I had tried the tag deal, but often forgot (at 74 I have serious CRS) to put it up (and it didn't do much good in my dresser drawer).

Roller4tan

I just finished replacing the conventional key latch on the front compartment door to a keyed slam latch. Also installed a strut on the door to hold it open.

whp4262

I just finished replacing the conventional key latch on the front compartment door to a keyed slam latch. Also installed a strut on the door to hold it open.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing to my cargo doors. Where did you get the parts.

Cjackg

I installed a Vizio (BlueTooth) Sound Bar in the garage of my Cyclone 3110 along with new 110v outlets in the garage. Getting this rig ready to head south soon...
Looking forward to the Keys and sitting on my ramp patio listening to Jimmy Buffet !

GarageSoundBar.jpg

Kbvols

I installed a Vizio (BlueTooth) Sound Bar in the garage of my Cyclone 3110 along with new 110v outlets in the garage. Getting this rig ready to head south soon...
Looking forward to the Keys and sitting on my ramp patio listening to Jimmy Buffet !

View attachment 33385

With a tin cup for a chalice filled up with good red wine and chewing on a honeysuckle vine?? Love the keys and Jimmy B....you have a great !! Safe travels and enjoy. Post some pictures when you get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Filled the fuel tank, added some ValvTec ethanal treatment and stabilizer, ran the genny for an hour under load and then pushed it as far over on the driveway as possible. :(

azbigfoot

Had the 30K service done on my Dodge. Transmission fluid, transfer case, rear differential, fuel filter x 2, rotate tires, and oil change.

For those of you with the Firestone Transforce tires ... how have they been wearing for you? ... how many miles do you get out of them?

JohnD

Had the 30K service done on my Dodge. Transmission fluid, transfer case, rear differential, fuel filter x 2, rotate tires, and oil change.

For those of you with the Firestone Transforce tires ... how have they been wearing for you? ... how many miles do you get out of them?

I have the Firestone Transforce HT's on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD, and so far I love them!

Although I only have about 5700 miles on them . . .

I have been thinking about replacing my BlowMax's with the Transforce HT's!

MagnoliaTom

Tom, was that a complicated replacement? I like the look of those switches over the ones in my Big Country.

No. Very easy. Remove the two wires from the old switch, cut off the spade connectors, strip and hook up to new switch.

You need to cut a hole in the wall for your j-box. You can use a shallow old work box or something like I used
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417664600.761318.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tony had a slip and fall on the first step out of the trailer about a month ago. It was drizzling, and our step carpets are needing replacement. To catch his fall, he grabbed the screen door cross bar handle (Camco). Well, this managed to pull the screen door out of alignment, and made it difficult to shut. He bent it back to at least get the door to shut.... We put up with that about 2 weeks, and it was horrible. Screen door would not open with the door, sticking at the bottom threshold, and door had to be slammed hard to latch.

This weekend, he disassembled the screen door and worked on bending the hinges back into shape. It now operates as good as it did before. Yay! I was worried we'd have to order a new screen door.

JohnD

Our Trail Runner has been winterized for a couple of months . . . but I am going to go out and grab my my sweat suit (sweat shirt and sweat pants) from the closet!

If it is going to be nice enough tonight, I might go out and spend the night out in the camper!