Trip routing

rwmcclen

Looking for the best route to Texas. Do not want to do the grapevine. Klamath falls or to Texas. 2011 BH 36'
Thanks Ray

Any help would be great

jimtoo

Hi rwmclen, Ray,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum. I'm sure someone will come in with a recommendation for you soon.

I did move thread to better area also.

Jim M

Gaffer

Wanting to miss the grapevine, I'm guessing you are thinking of taking the 97 to Weed then down I-5 before heading east on I-40. You can stay off the grapevine by going through Bakersfield and going southeast on the 58 (Tehachapi Pass) to Barstow where you pick up I-40. 125 miles shorter would be K Falls to Reno then Reno to Vegas picking up I-40 at Kingman. I hate the drive between Reno and Vegas. Very few options for an overnight stop and a very long day straight through. Do you live in K Falls?
Looking for the best route to Texas. Do not want to do the grapevine. Klamath falls or to Texas. 2011 BH 36'
Thanks Ray

Any help would be great

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome! I'm no help with directions, but I do want to welcome you to the forum and hopefully to the club.

I saw that you had asked how to join the club and others jumped in answered before I got back to the forum. We do that kind of stuff around here.:)

Kristy

Gaffer

Thanks what is tehachapi pass like grade wise
Yes I live in k falls

Tehahapi is much better than the grapvine and you miss all that LA traffic. A great place to overnight just east of Bakersfield is the Orange Grove RV park.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Tehahapi is much better than the grapvine and you miss all that LA traffic. A great place to overnight just east of Bakersfield is the Orange Grove RV park.

You're right about Orange Grove PJ. AAMOF we leave Las Vegas tomorrow and will spend the night there before starting the trek back up I-5.